65 replies to this topic

#61 gata

gata

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 129 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 08:17 PM

I definitely had a doubt about us getting the series but I thought we'd give a pretty good fight.
This year watching the Devils play the Flyers several times I didn't see them such a godly threat.
But the way they beat the Penguins brought a little intimidation to this series.

I still cheered and watched every game ... :cheers:

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#62 chrisg19

chrisg19

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 719 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 08:46 PM

I called a 4-1 series from day one. Of course I had the Devils being the team with the 1....

I am so happy to be wrong, and it looks like the Rangers series will go 7 games which is even better.
"It wasn't Mike Eruzione shouting his own name that finally convinced coach Brooks to stop making the players do sprints. It was Mark Johnson, who smashed his stick against the glass in a fit of rage." Movie Mistakes and Bloopers

My Devils Photos

Work

#63 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,206 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 08:59 PM

Let's just frigging enjoy being in the third round instead of trying to even scores.

Besides, it's not as black and white as always being positive or always being negative. Some people are like that but I generally go between the two. I was negative in the first round, why wouldn't I be...they'd done nothing but choke for the last few years and after Game 3 and blowing nine million other multi-goal leads I thought it was going to happen again. Florida gets one OT goal and we're having a very different discussion now...because then the board's a wasteland. And I don't think too many people who acted negative would be taking curtain calls, unless they're just sour human beings in general.

Granted, some people are like that around here but the majority of the negativity comes from passion. Some people can watch totally detached and cool...to me that takes some of the excitement out of it. I can watch like that in the regular season for the most part but in the postseason it's different, especially since this team needed to win the first round in the absolute worst way.

Edited by NJDevs4978, 09 May 2012 - 09:04 PM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#64 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,399 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 12:38 AM

I never predicted anything. There was nothing unbiased through 2 rounds. If a person was positive, glass half full, we were asked if we were blind, what game were we watching, don't you know what you are watching, etc. Pat each other on the back. Sheesh. :rolleyes:

Don gets it. :)

it's not to positive to come back at your fellow fans and post what you did at the top. again, you're neglecting the whole other side of the story. I am happy you're happy to be positive but you weren't attacked any more than those who were critical. And no one was saying anything about positive/negative a couple weeks back - it was just: "i think the Devils are playing like crap,"and then right after we'd win a few posters would be like, "All you negative doubting people should screw the F off..." and other things of that nature. Its happened all playoffs.

Granted, some people are like that around here but the majority of the negativity comes from passion. Some people can watch totally detached and cool...to me that takes some of the excitement out of it. I can watch like that in the regular season for the most part but in the postseason it's different, especially since this team needed to win the first round in the absolute worst way.

This.

gallery_47_36_882.png of No One
Proud to be King of the Kovalnuts (Est. June 2010 by MantaRay)

#65 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,478 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 12:56 AM

I understand, I think, what StarDew is saying and I agree with her general point.
Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

Sex Panther cologne -- 50 percent of the time, it works every time.

-Anchorman

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

-Anonymous

Keeper of Section 212-213's wayward step

#66 mouse

mouse

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,500 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 02:06 PM

I need to eat crow about Zach. After game 5 against Florida, I was ready to dump him, take Suter, and never look back. Zach's still playing, and he's a big reason, if not the biggest reason ANY of them are still playing. Tastes good.

Sumus Legio
You don't turn this around in a couple shifts. Its going to take a little time, but I know the guys will come back. Because I can see it. -- Jacques Lemaire

sguq.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users