86 replies to this topic

#21 Devils Pride 26

Devils Pride 26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,032 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 11:09 PM

Could have sworn he broke his wrist the way he grabbed it and rolled on the ice afterwards. As '7' mentioned a win for the Caps tomorrow would help big time, regardless of what happens Saturday.

DinLA, fully agree that Zidlicky has been the missing link to this team since as far back as post-lockout.

#22 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,277 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 11:26 PM

Could have sworn he broke his wrist the way he grabbed it and rolled on the ice afterwards. As '7' mentioned a win for the Caps tomorrow would help big time, regardless of what happens Saturday.

DinLA, fully agree that Zidlicky has been the missing link to this team since as far back as post-lockout.

I won't be surprised if it is some sort of wrist injury...that was similar to how I grabbed my wrist right after I broke mine. Hoping for better news than that though.

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#23 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,120 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 11:36 PM

I remember Dano played the entire 1994 playoffs with a broken hand...nobody knew. We probably won't know anything unless there's absolutely no way he can grip a stick.
^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#24 Z-Man

Z-Man

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,025 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 11:38 PM

After watching again, my best guess would be a shoulder problem.

#25 nessus

nessus

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 868 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 11:46 PM

It kind of looks like concussion arms. Although, it looks like his left arm is what hits. Hopefully not a big deal, but I have a bad feeling.

#26 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,797 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 01:27 AM

I really don't think it's a concussion considering how easily he was able to skate off. I think it's a wrist injury, it looks like he takes a bit of a slash before the hit.
"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#27 Mitico12

Mitico12

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,073 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 09:08 AM

Judging from the replays posted I don't think its a concussion. Many of you are speculating "wrist," however, notice how he skates off the ice pretty quickly not "cradling" one arm with the other. If he broke an arm or wrist, do you think he would be able to independently move his arms to skate off the ice without supporting it with another arm.

This is tricky.

#28 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,800 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 09:18 AM

Judging from the replays posted I don't think its a concussion. Many of you are speculating "wrist," however, notice how he skates off the ice pretty quickly not "cradling" one arm with the other. If he broke an arm or wrist, do you think he would be able to independently move his arms to skate off the ice without supporting it with another arm.

This is tricky.

Or that he'd be able to play four shifts afterwards.
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#29 Onddeck

Onddeck

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,028 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 09:34 AM

if it was a break of any kind, he would have at least some sort of grimacing pain expression.

and if it was a concussion i dont think he would've skated off as smoothly as he did.

idk, i guess we just gotta play the waiting game with this one

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

#30 Devils Pride 26

Devils Pride 26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,032 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 09:36 AM

This is tricky.

Yes, I broke my elbow playing basketball before and it took 30 more minutes of playing to realize something was majorly wrong instead of just a little sore. Between endorphin's and adrenaline, especially for these guys in the playoffs, injuries are not going to be felt immediately.

Hoping for the best.

#31 Amberite

Amberite

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,966 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 09:59 AM

I think its his right shoulder. It looks like it went into the boards hard at a weird angle. It would make the most sense with how he looked during / after, and why he was able to keep going for a few more shifts.

#32 Amberite

Amberite

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,966 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 11:57 AM

Lou stating Zidlicky is "day to day". If he can be believed, that's good news. Hopefully will only miss 1 game, if any.

Tom Gulitti ‏ @TGfireandice
Lou Lamoriello says Marek Zidlicky is "day to day." Would not say what the nature of Zidlicky's injury is. Not even upper or lower body.

Edited by Amberite, 09 May 2012 - 11:58 AM.

#33 grcenter47

grcenter47

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,326 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 12:14 PM

Lou stating Zidlicky is "day to day". If he can be believed, that's good news. Hopefully will only miss 1 game, if any.

I should use that excuse at work

#34 Z-Man

Z-Man

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,025 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 12:18 PM

http://blogs.northje...cky_day_to_day/

In Lou-speak, that means Z's arm is hanging off and he thinks he's back in the Czech Republic.

#35 hockey3893498

hockey3893498

Banned Troll

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 12:34 PM

Well it looks like you'll see harrold on saturday or sunday.

#36 NCDevsFan

NCDevsFan

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,529 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 12:36 PM

Maybe they can work the same magic they worked with Kovy.
It's the whiskey talking.

#37 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,772 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 12:37 PM

Lou wouldn't commit to him playing Game 1 - that's still bad news. I don't have much hope that he'll be 100% even if he does play.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#38 Amberite

Amberite

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,966 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 01:00 PM

Lou wouldn't commit to him playing Game 1 - that's still bad news. I don't have much hope that he'll be 100% even if he does play.

That's why I think he'll miss game 1. I don't think Lou is lying when he says day-to-day, but I think he knows it will probably sideline him at least for the first game.

#39 roomtemp

roomtemp

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 685 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 01:12 PM

Still think its his back

Edited by roomtemp, 09 May 2012 - 01:12 PM.

#40 Deek_1969

Deek_1969

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 328 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 02:53 PM

One cheap shot after the next. Someone was eventually going to get hurt. I am truly surprised Zubs is still able to skate. That guy took more cheap shots than anyone on the ice. Let's Go Devils!!!!
[size=5][color=#FF0000]The strong take from the weak and the smart take from the strong.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users