Zidlicky Injured?

DevilinLA

The Flyers play tonight was shameful. The league should not let them forget it. If the NHL is so serious about cleaning up the game then they need to start with what the Flyers did tonight. 3 players almost got seriously injured off purposeful attempts to hurt them. Zubrus and Zidlicky are probably going to be affected by those hits for the rest of the playoffs.

and if the league wants the players to be safe, Rinaldo should never see NHL ice again - he is an embarrassment to the game.

He played one shift but then didn't come back after the second period, presumably after taking the tests in the locker room. Larsson played major minutes in the third.

And as dirty as the Flyers were tonight, Zidlicky was falling down before Simmonds touched him. Tough break for sure, but hopefully the Caps win tomorrow and give us some extra healing time before the next series.

Edited by NJDevs4978

I believe he has a concussion history, correct?

Zidlicky is the SINGLE reason we are where we are - best acquisition by Lou in TEN years easy.

I believe he missed time with the Wild back in November/December with a concussion.

I'm really hoping he doesn't have one, he's been huge for the Devils. Sucks that it happened because of typical Flyers goonery.

well if it is a concussion, hopefully a mild one. We do need a caps win tomorrow. Not every head injury is a concussion...Kariya somehow didn't get concussed after stevens crushed him

I think they prob did some prelim stuff in the locker room tunnel or they wouldn't let him back on the ice

Edited by '7'

Didn't look like a concussion at all. He landed awkwardly on his hand, might have sprained something. He got up, wagged his glove a little bit, took it off, and skated away holding his hand. Could be a finger, could be his wrist. Must not be TOO serious for him to continue on.

Didn't look like a concussion at all. He landed awkwardly on his hand, might have sprained something. He got up, wagged his glove a little bit, took it off, and skated away holding his hand. Could be a finger, could be his wrist. Must not be TOO serious for him to continue on.

Yep...definitely his hand/wrist. Hopefully he's alright in a few days...he's been a key player for us.

Well given his concussion history having it 'only' be a hand or wrist makes me cautiously optomistic...but something could be fractured putting him out for weeks too. Hopefully whoever gave Kovy the magic shot he got after Game 2 has something for Zidlicky too lol.

Edited by NJDevs4978

I thought it was hand/wrist. He had trouble with his stick work on the PP, which would suggest that as well. Looked like his elbow took the worst of the beating, so hopefully he's good for the next round.

Looked like a hand injury for Zidlicky, hopefully nothing he can't play through/be over before the next round.

I thought the Flyers were playing disgraceful hockey. It's like after they figured out they probably couldn't score they just gave up and tried to injure as many Devils as possible. I also think Zac Rinaldo should get the Raffi Torres treatment. What a piece of trash.

Rinaldo is a goon and needs to be banned fom this league Happy Gimore style before he kills somebody. His hit on Zubrus (50 feet away from the puck) should have gotten him tossed. The hit on Zid was borderline, as it looked like he turned into it. Hopefully, he comes back in round 3 and is 100%. We need him big time. Glad that we took this one to give everyone a few extra days to rest and heal up.

Rinaldo is a goon and needs to be banned fom this league Happy Gimore style before he kills somebody. His hit on Zubrus (50 feet away from the puck) should have gotten him tossed. The hit on Zid was borderline, as it looked like he turned into it. Hopefully, he comes back in round 3 and is 100%. We need him big time. Glad that we took this one to give everyone a few extra days to rest and heal up.

The Simmonds hit on Zidlicky I believe is where he got hurt.

Could have sworn he broke his wrist the way he grabbed it and rolled on the ice afterwards. As '7' mentioned a win for the Caps tomorrow would help big time, regardless of what happens Saturday.

DinLA, fully agree that Zidlicky has been the missing link to this team since as far back as post-lockout.

Could have sworn he broke his wrist the way he grabbed it and rolled on the ice afterwards. As '7' mentioned a win for the Caps tomorrow would help big time, regardless of what happens Saturday.

DinLA, fully agree that Zidlicky has been the missing link to this team since as far back as post-lockout.

I won't be surprised if it is some sort of wrist injury...that was similar to how I grabbed my wrist right after I broke mine. Hoping for better news than that though.