• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 msweet

msweet

The Voice of Reason

• Admin
  • 8,802 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 11:11 PM

”They were very strong on the boards,” Jagr said.”“I hate to say it and it surprises me, but they were so strong on the boards that we didn’t have the chances from the cycle.

”We tried, but it wasn’t enough. For whatever reason, you gotta give them credit. They were just a little bit stronger and a little bit quicker.”

Kimmo Timonen mentioned that he felt the Devils played a brand of hockey similar to the New York Rangers, who went 6-0 against the Flyers in the regular season.

He also admitted that there was no doubting the Devils were the better team in this Eastern Conference semifinal series.

”They were better than us on all aspects of the game,” Timonen said. “When you lose four games to a team, they’re the better team.”

”You want to get chances with the Devils because they’re a really solid team,” said Flyers forward Max Talbot, who had his team’s only goal Tuesday.. “You knew they’d play after the whistle and play smart. Every time we got beat you had to give them credit because they’re a solid team.”

http://www.nj.com/gl...nce_only_a.html

Follow me on Twitter @MSweetwood

"Quite frankly, all the players are getting paid too much and all the contracts are too long," general manager Lou Lamoriello said. "But if you want to compete in this market and you want to win, there are some things you have to do."

#2 Bartholomew Hunt

Bartholomew Hunt

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 11:42 PM

Hearing this from opposing teams just makes you that much more excited for next round.

#3 iamtheprodigy

iamtheprodigy

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,969 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 11:46 PM

Want to add that it was also classy by Giroux to come down for the handshake line at the end. Was wondering if he would do that.

#4 Legion15

Legion15

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,859 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 07:33 AM

:blink:

wow, never thought I'd hear that from any Flyer.

well, I guess there's at least a shred of decency in them.

WtnoJnL.jpg
One Day at a Time

#5 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,940 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 07:36 AM

I loved Jagr and Brodeur going at it before the game (Jagr asking Marty how he likes being 40 and them getting a laugh out of it).
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#6 squishyx

squishyx

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,279 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 08:57 AM

Want to add that it was also classy by Giroux to come down for the handshake line at the end. Was wondering if he would do that.

Agreed, all though I'm sure some of that was also him wanting to salute the fans.

http://www.nj.com/gl...nce_only_a.html

You could ask all day long if the absence of suspended Philadelphia Flyers captain Claude Giroux was a blow to the team’s chances in Game 5 at the Wells Fargo Center on Tuesday night...

I see they promoted him to captain while in exile :giggle:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users