75 replies to this topic

#41 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,337 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 09:49 AM

Sal is our best dman in getting shots through, who would of thought that!

Sal's wristers > Zid's slappers

Winner of the 2009-10 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster
Winner of the 2011-2012 RD Avatar Award
believe2.jpg

www.numerartovertag.wordpress.com - An NHL Blog (in Swedish)

#42 justdo3043

justdo3043

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,042 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 10:40 AM

if lou is going to resign him what would the terms be

2 years at 3 million per or maybe a one year for the same amount?
"The $297,297 Kovalchuk missed today is money he will never, ever get back. And the more cheques he misses, the better the deal is going to have to be for the players to justify him sitting out. And unlike the owners, the players can direct their leadership to get a deal done regardless of how disadvantageous it is to them."

#43 devlman

devlman

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,916 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 11:37 AM

The man has been a beast, defensively and offensively. Gotta love Sal

#44 David Puddy

David Puddy

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,302 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 11:37 PM

Salvador will never get the Smythe, even if he deserved it. If the Devils won and he were the best candidate, we'd have a rehash of 2003 and Smith or Quick would get it.
Posted Image

#45 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,399 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 11:54 PM

if lou is going to resign him what would the terms be

2 years at 3 million per or maybe a one year for the same amount?

We should give him one year and we could use him again because of how valuable he has become. However, Sal HAS to ask for a 2 year deal or he'd be crazy and he will. That will be the issue with resigning him. Wouldn't be surprised if we didn't retain him.

gallery_47_36_882.png of No One
Proud to be King of the Kovalnuts (Est. June 2010 by MantaRay)

#46 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,337 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 05:04 AM

That will be the issue with resigning him. Wouldn't be surprised if we didn't retain him.

This.

Winner of the 2009-10 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster
Winner of the 2011-2012 RD Avatar Award
believe2.jpg

www.numerartovertag.wordpress.com - An NHL Blog (in Swedish)

#47 justdo3043

justdo3043

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,042 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 08:04 AM

We should give him one year and we could use him again because of how valuable he has become. However, Sal HAS to ask for a 2 year deal or he'd be crazy and he will. That will be the issue with resigning him. Wouldn't be surprised if we didn't retain him.

its funny because last night on nbc sports the small blonde haired who plays moderator was talking about this is how you get a huge payday....it seemed to me that he was implying that was why Sal is having such an amazing playoff because he's an unrestricted free agent

im laughing because that has nothing to do with it and i dont think teams are going to be bidding up Sal after this season either way
"The $297,297 Kovalchuk missed today is money he will never, ever get back. And the more cheques he misses, the better the deal is going to have to be for the players to justify him sitting out. And unlike the owners, the players can direct their leadership to get a deal done regardless of how disadvantageous it is to them."

#48 The 29th Pick

The 29th Pick

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 09:11 AM

Sal is our best dman in getting shots through, who would of thought that!

Yeah..I thought Zids or Greene, even Fayne would be getting decent shots on net, but Sal has blown them away. Maybe the rags didnt consider him a threat as far as shooting/scoring and caught them off guard.

#49 justdo3043

justdo3043

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,042 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 09:18 AM

he tied for 12th in nhl playoff scoring....wild

#50 jim777

jim777

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,590 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 09:45 AM

I always liked Sal and thought he was solid, but I never thought he'd be this good. The man is in full beast mode these playoffs.

Posted Image

That's like the freakin' Mona Lisa, could stare at it for hours :)

Honestly though, i didn't think he'd be bad this year, I was really more surprised that he came back from that concussion on concussion from last year at all. I thought for sure his playing days were over. Basically, I thought at this time last year he was in the same spot that Pronger is in now. And I don't think ANYONE anywhere thinks Pronger is lacing them up again as a player.
He has been great for us, he deserves a lot of credit.

Edited by jim777, 23 May 2012 - 09:52 AM.

gallery_47_36_882.png   # 44, Stephane Richer

believe-elias.jpg

"bring knee pads...wear flattering attire...hair and makeup should be performance ready" -from Devils Dance Team audition notice

#51 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,689 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 10:05 AM

He won't be back with the Devils next year unless he takes a significant pay-cut, which won't happen since someone out there will offer a better deal. Team is in penny-pinching mode now, and will cut as much salary as possible, especially if Zach signs what will be a big deal.
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#52 Devils Pride 26

Devils Pride 26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,003 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 10:16 AM

I could see him back. Seems like a loyal foot soldier after Lou stuck with him through the concussion problems. Then again, this is going to be his last pay day.

#53 justdo3043

justdo3043

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,042 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 10:35 AM

with all these defense men i wonder what happens next season

Fayne
A-Train
Tallinder
Greene
Zidlicky
Salvador
Larsson

Coming up
Urbom
Merrill
Gelinas

#54 The 29th Pick

The 29th Pick

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 11:48 AM

Fayne
A-Train
Tallinder
Greene
Zidlicky
Salvador
Larsson

Coming up
Urbom
Merrill
Gelinas

If....we lose Zach, maybe Lou will package a D man or D prospect for a goal scoring forward?

#55 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,748 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 04:21 PM

Fayne
A-Train
Tallinder
Greene
Zidlicky
Salvador
Larsson

Coming up
Urbom
Merrill
Gelinas

My guess is either Salvador leaves or someone gets traded to they can re-sign him. I think Urbom's time to come up is here.
Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#56 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,199 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 04:27 PM

My guess is either Salvador leaves or someone gets traded to they can re-sign him. I think Urbom's time to come up is here.

Who do you think gets moved, if it all though? I mean, it's a really tough choice with the way Greene has been playing. A-Train, while he's had good moments, has been the weakest link of the D corps. His contract and age make him hard to move though. Zid isn't going anywhere after only being traded for a few months ago and having been getting 20+mins/game. I guess if Tallinder is still hurt, that leaves room, but I think Tally is a real solid D, but he's nothing spectacular. Fayne's too young to trade when we have a very old blueline like we do now.

Bottom line, who goes, if anyone?

#57 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,395 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 04:31 PM

Tallinder is disposable IMO, hes a solid dman and a great teammate but he does not offer anything more than what Fayne and Greene gives us.

Fayne Greene
Salvador Zidlicky
Volchenkov Larsson

Harrold
Urbom
Gelinas
Merril

Edited by Zubie#8, 23 May 2012 - 04:32 PM.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#58 capo

capo

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 835 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 04:39 PM

I think we have to wait and see before we give him another contract. He has had a great playoff but his contract can't be solely on this playoff. The Devils have a ton of young D coming. I'd say we have to measure some other things. Money might be a big deal for this team in the coming seasons...

#59 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,748 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 04:52 PM

Who do you think gets moved, if it all though? I mean, it's a really tough choice with the way Greene has been playing. A-Train, while he's had good moments, has been the weakest link of the D corps. His contract and age make him hard to move though. Zid isn't going anywhere after only being traded for a few months ago and having been getting 20+mins/game. I guess if Tallinder is still hurt, that leaves room, but I think Tally is a real solid D, but he's nothing spectacular. Fayne's too young to trade when we have a very old blueline like we do now.

Bottom line, who goes, if anyone?

I definitely think A-Train is hurting right now. I thought he had a good season. I feel that Tallinder is great for Larsson and Urbom. Greene may be the guy to go, or they may just let Salvador go. They have to do something though, there's too many young players defensemen coming up (feels good to say that!)
Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#60 Onddeck

Onddeck

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,897 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 05:41 PM

I definitely think A-Train is hurting right now. I thought he had a good season. I feel that Tallinder is great for Larsson and Urbom. Greene may be the guy to go, or they may just let Salvador go. They have to do something though, there's too many young players defensemen coming up (feels good to say that!)

I would say the same if he didn't lay one or two monster hits a game.. He doesn't go for those big hits if he's really hurting

Edited by Onddeck, 23 May 2012 - 05:42 PM.

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users