40 replies to this topic

#21 Z-Man

Z-Man

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,006 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 10:40 AM

After winning last night, I'm doubly pissed that Washington couldn't hold the damn lead with 7 seconds left.

#22 thelastonealive

thelastonealive

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,907 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 10:42 AM

I'm not hoping for anything. Whoever we play, we play.

I wouldn't be mad if the Caps won tonight and pushed that series to a game 7 though, let Zubbie/Zidlicky/Kovalchuk/nagging injuries heal a bit.

Proud recipient of the 2011-'12 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster, the  2007-'08, 2008-'09, and 2009-'10 Lady Byng Award for Nicest Poster, 

the 2008-'09 Bobby Holik Award for Funniest Poster, and the 2009-'10 NJDevs.com Stanley Cup for Best Overall Poster.
2009 NJDevs.com Survival League Football Champion

#23 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,996 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 10:43 AM

Want this series to go 7, but I want the Devils to start Saturday for my own selfish reasons. I really don't care who the Devils play really. For the Devils sake, hopefully this series goes a grueling 7 games.

Edited by devilsrule33, 09 May 2012 - 10:44 AM.

logokx.jpg

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#24 Z-Man

Z-Man

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,006 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 11:02 AM

Want this series to go 7, but I want the Devils to start Saturday for my own selfish reasons. I really don't care who the Devils play really. For the Devils sake, hopefully this series goes a grueling 7 games.

TG tweeted that the 3rd round would start on the weekend if the Rags win tonight. No way the Devils/Rangers would start Saturday, Kings/Coyotes would start before them. Most likely a Saturday afternoon game for LA/PHX and a Sunday afternoon game for NJ/NYR.

#25 SegaDevil

SegaDevil

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 11:32 AM

Many of us were happy to see Florida in the first round, and the Devils barely squeaked by in 7 games. Careful what you wish for.

#26 Mitico12

Mitico12

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,053 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 12:00 PM

Considering that we only beat the Rangers once in a playoff series tells me that the "omen" doesn't bode well in our favor for beating them again.

Does Marty / Lou / Larry want to excercise the ghosts of 1994? Sure.

But, as much as I would hate to admit it, a series against the Rangers will be difficult, and I don't think we would survive it.

They have excellent goal tending, a solid D-core, and an equally impressive forecheck and power play.

You cannot underestimate Callahan and Richards, not to mention Stepan and Gaborik. Throw in a very motivated Del Zotto and Staal, and a world class goal keeper in Lundqvist....and, and...the fact that they seem to be getting all the bounces and the "destiny" signs in both their series with Ottawa and Washington, I'm affraid we would be dead in the water against these guys.

I picked LA or NYR to win the cup before the playoffs began. That was my rational side speaking. I'm staying the course with that.

#27 NJDevils1214

NJDevils1214

All-Star

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,032 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 12:05 PM

I don't want a Rag invasion at the rock for our home games, I'd rather have Washington.

815631765.gif

#28 Matteau#32

Matteau#32

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 984 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 12:29 PM

TG tweeted that the 3rd round would start on the weekend if the Rags win tonight. No way the Devils/Rangers would start Saturday, Kings/Coyotes would start before them. Most likely a Saturday afternoon game for LA/PHX and a Sunday afternoon game for NJ/NYR.

NBC has the Players Championship on both Saturday and Sunday from 2-7. Any games this weekend will be at night.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#29 jim777

jim777

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,589 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 12:36 PM

I HATE watching the rags lay down on the ice to block shots 1000 times a period. I still can't get my head around how people call trap teams boring but just falliong down on the ice on pupose is supposed to be good, exciting hockey. We can beat either, but i would rather not have to watch 4 Rags games to get us to the finals

gallery_47_36_882.png   # 44, Stephane Richer

believe-elias.jpg

"bring knee pads...wear flattering attire...hair and makeup should be performance ready" -from Devils Dance Team audition notice

#30 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,178 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 12:39 PM

It would be awesome, but I fear that I might just drop dead halfway through the series from too much stress.

#31 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,399 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 01:23 PM

Obviously with the reversed ending but this series cemented me as a huge devils fan

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VosGP_A3iSA

Why is this video posted here? YOU CANNOT BRING WORSE JUJU THAN THIS. Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

gallery_47_36_882.png of No One
Proud to be King of the Kovalnuts (Est. June 2010 by MantaRay)

#32 justdo3043

justdo3043

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,042 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 01:32 PM

Why is this video posted here? YOU CANNOT BRING WORSE JUJU THAN THIS.

this is a rally call at how insanneee the series will be and the revenge to be served
"The $297,297 Kovalchuk missed today is money he will never, ever get back. And the more cheques he misses, the better the deal is going to have to be for the players to justify him sitting out. And unlike the owners, the players can direct their leadership to get a deal done regardless of how disadvantageous it is to them."

#33 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,399 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 01:38 PM

this is a rally call at how insanneee the series will be and the revenge to be served

I think this is a great thread. Just think the video is bothersome.

#34 justdo3043

justdo3043

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,042 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 01:39 PM

I think this is a great thread. Just think the video is bothersome.

well i think you great ben00rs
"The $297,297 Kovalchuk missed today is money he will never, ever get back. And the more cheques he misses, the better the deal is going to have to be for the players to justify him sitting out. And unlike the owners, the players can direct their leadership to get a deal done regardless of how disadvantageous it is to them."

#35 hockey3893498

hockey3893498

Banned Troll

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 02:06 PM

superstitioius nonsense. if this bothers anyone then i guess the 1,000 times you'll see highlights from 1994 will surely put the hex on.

#36 Revan

Revan

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,520 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 03:48 PM

I watched the Devils - Hurricanes 2009 Game 7 highlights in the 2nd intermission of our Panthers Game 7 this year to remind me not to feel overconfident until it's over and we survived. Watching a 1994 Devils - Rangers video won't kill you, it will remind you why you want revenge.

The possibility of a Devils - Rangers ECF already crossed my mind when we were up 2-1 against the Flyers. I came to the same conclusion someone mentioned: it's high risk - high reward. Then again, it's been 18 (eighteen!) years since those two last met in the conference final, so who knows when another chance for payback comes by. And the ONLY way to make them feel what Devils fans felt in 1994 is defeating them in the ECF and winning the Cup.

Edited by Revan, 10 May 2012 - 03:49 PM.

#37 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,706 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 03:51 PM

superstitioius nonsense. if this bothers anyone then i guess the 1,000 times you'll see highlights from 1994 will surely put the hex on.

NBC sports has already found excuses to show them. When the Rangers went to game 7 against Ottawa they were acting like Matteau scored that goal last season.

Wait... just realized that was probably MSG. Eh, still annoying.

Edited by Devil Dan 56, 10 May 2012 - 03:51 PM.

Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#38 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,176 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 03:55 PM

I watched the Devils - Hurricanes 2009 Game 7 highlights in the 2nd intermission of our Panthers Game 7 this year to remind me not to feel overconfident until it's over and we survived. Watching a 1994 Devils - Rangers video won't kill you, it will remind you why you want revenge.

Eh, we need revenge for 2008 never mind 1994, a lot more of these guys were around for that, plus I think winning three Cups after '94 and having that ridiculously long unbeaten streak against them in the regular season was sufficient enough payback for losing a great series.

Besides, if I was going to watch any 'dark' Devils moment, it would be Lemaire's press conference sixteen months ago when we hit rock bottom after Mac got fired and we lost to the cruddy Isles 5-1 just before Christmas. At that point it looked like we lost our way as an organization and the good times were over. Just sixteen months ago. But out of that season, we got DeBoer, Larsson, and renewed confidence thanks to Lemaire after a great second half.

Edited by NJDevs4978, 10 May 2012 - 04:30 PM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#39 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,399 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 04:22 PM

I'm more afraid of the Caps at this point.

#40 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,367 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 04:26 PM

I'm more afraid of the Caps at this point.

I think our offense will be too much for them to handle. They only have to shut down two lines for the Rangers where all of our four lines are rolling.

The Hagelin Richards Gaborik line is their only really potent line. The Callahan line is not that great.

I truly believe our offense will easily penetrate the Capitals Defense. I would also rather face Holtby.

Edited by Zubie#8, 10 May 2012 - 04:26 PM.

believe-zubrus.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users