246 replies to this topic

#221 mikepeluso8

mikepeluso8

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 387 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 09:46 AM

If this team was getting outworked up and down the ice, I would agree with you. They're not. But if our fans can't take being down 2-1 in a playoff series and want to sell their tickets to game 4 because they think this series is over, that's pathetic and says alot. We should all be estatic that we have gotten this far (if anyone would have predicted us making the Eastern Conference finals in September, they would have been checked into Greystone for psych exams).

Eternal optimism is cute, but as a longtime fan of the New York Jets, I have learned the hard way that that gets you nowhere nowadays in sports...what does one have to do with the other? Nothing, you are right. But it is in my blood to always think negatively, doom and gloom, pessimism etc. and this series, so far, fits the bill perfectly. The Devils are a FAR DIFFERENT franchise than my beloved Jets, but you know what, I have seen many a heartbreak at Giants Stadium and recently in Metlife that I can understand, from a strictly sports fan's point of view, why someone might cash out at this point in the series. Is it right? Maybe not. But economically and emotionally speaking, it makes sense.

Remember, I am GOING TO THE GAME TONIGHT...ok, so don't throw darts at me, but I am DEFENDING the people who can't swallow the cash and the heartbreak to sit through another 35-20 shot effort where we LOSE 3-0...I GET IT. Not everyone wants to sit through that, go through the pain and heartbreak, and sacrifice hundreds of dollars in the process...I am sorry, I just get it.
DIE HARD DEVILS FAN SINCE '90

#222 95Crash

95Crash

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,944 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 09:55 AM

I have one extra ticket available for tonight's game. Section 231, next to me, my wife and sister-in-law.

Price: $105, same as I paid for it. We can meet up outside the arena before the game. I will be there an hour and a half early.

#223 Chuck the Duck

Chuck the Duck

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,526 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 09:58 AM

Not throwing darts at you in particular, but the viewpoint you are defending. You might be right and the Devils might lose tonight or in this series. But if anyone truly knows what the outcome of tonight's game is going to be, I'd like to hear it. I'd also like to hear this weeks Mega Millions numbers while we are at it.

Fans have every right to do what they want with their property, including selling tickets because we lost game 3. No doubt about it. However, if that is the reason people are selling, then, in my humble opinion, it just shows how fickle those fans are, and how they truly aren't fans in the first place.
Posted Image

#224 mikepeluso8

mikepeluso8

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 387 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 10:03 AM

Not throwing darts at you in particular, but the viewpoint you are defending. You might be right and the Devils might lose tonight or in this series. But if anyone truly knows what the outcome of tonight's game is going to be, I'd like to hear it. I'd also like to hear this weeks Mega Millions numbers while we are at it.

Fans have every right to do what they want with their property, including selling tickets because we lost game 3. No doubt about it. However, if that is the reason people are selling, then, in my humble opinion, it just shows how fickle those fans are, and how they truly aren't fans in the first place.

Fair.

But that is what FANS are in GENERAL....all sports, all teams, all cities...varying degrees, sure...but everyone wants to SUPPORT and SPEND MONEY on a winner.

#225 Brick Pig

Brick Pig

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 10:10 AM

QFT

I can completely understand anyone who needs/wants to sell for economic reasons. These tix are expensive, and everyone has some kind of budget they have to stick to. But to bail because your team is behind? That's crap. Anybody can be a fan when a team's on top. Sticking by your team when they're down is the test of a true fan.

#226 mikepeluso8

mikepeluso8

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 387 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 10:13 AM

QFT

I can completely understand anyone who needs/wants to sell for economic reasons. These tix are expensive, and everyone has some kind of budget they have to stick to. But to bail because your team is behind? That's crap. Anybody can be a fan when a team's on top. Sticking by your team when they're down is the test of a true fan.

True fanhood is cute. Economic and emotional disparity isn't.

Edited by mikepeluso8, 21 May 2012 - 10:31 AM.

#227 95Crash

95Crash

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,944 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 10:37 AM

I have one extra ticket available for tonight's game. Section 231, next to me, my wife and sister-in-law.

Price: $105, same as I paid for it. We can meet up outside the arena before the game. I will be there an hour and a half early.

Ticket sold.

Thanks to everyone who expressed interest. I hope you still get to go.

#228 pattyelias

pattyelias

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,893 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 11:02 AM

any interest in a single ticket in section 101 row 10? face is $110.

#229 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,942 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 11:10 AM

lol at comparing the Devils to the Jets, the Devils have won three championships in the last two decades, and the Jets have gone almost as long as the Leafs have without a title :P
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#230 trailblazer

trailblazer

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 310 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 11:34 AM

Mass exodus?

I went on Saturday and I am going tonight, but seeing it in my situation, as a 26 year old young professional, and a die-hard sports fan and Jets season ticket holder, if things are headed south (which is a subjective statement, not based on facts, simply opinion) and you want your money back, it's your right to sell those tickets to whoever for whatever...I always try to sell to Devils fans, and I did sell an extra pair for tonight to Devils fans at LESS than what I paid, but I am here to defend others who want to just get rid of the tickets and get their money back. That is up to the person who owns the tickets to make that decision.

We are in the EASTERN CONFERENCE FINALS and we CAN'T SCORE...that is SUB-PAR for the course...the course being the ECF.

do everyone a favor...and stay home.
we don't need your negative attitude.
we are only don 2-1, controlled a majority of the periods.
Lundqvist is a great goaltender, simple as that.
if you think that is subpar play, you really don't know hockey.

I forked over $700 dollars for two games for the ECF and frankly, the showing has been mediocre at best...it is disheartening and I can empathize with anyone else who wants to dump the tickets, it's just the way it goes. This has been very sad and disconcerting watching this series and seeing the outcomes in 2 out of 3 games. Frankly, as long as Lundqvist is in net, I don't see anything changing anytime soon. That's the reality.

please stay home you are ridiculous
Ps...your "diehard devils fan" signature is comical.
Diehards in it to the very end.

Edited by trailblazer, 21 May 2012 - 11:35 AM.

#231 pattyelias

pattyelias

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,893 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 11:46 AM

this. i can understand bailing if they're down 3-0 or 3-1, but at 2-1 this is still anyone's series.

#232 Brick Pig

Brick Pig

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 11:51 AM

True fanhood is cute. Economic and emotional disparity isn't.

I don't even know what that means. "Cute?"

#233 mikepeluso8

mikepeluso8

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 387 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 12:11 PM

please stay home you are ridiculous
Ps...your "diehard devils fan" signature is comical.
Diehards in it to the very end.

I will be there with bells on tonight.

Barack Obama says I can conduct myself as I see fit, that's the beauty of this democratic union we live in. I will ALSO make statements/form opinions/converse with others regarding my feelings about a particular team, player, game etc. You don't like it, just don't listen. :giggle:

Further, you can call me whatever type of fan you would like to, but what I have viewed here is almost a BLIND optimism and a "cutesy" kinda fanbase...since I decided to start posting here. Reality is reality. I competed in sports my entire life, coached for a period of time and again, I am an avid sports fan spanning the spectrum...but when things are not GOOD or I see something I don't like, I am going to speak up. I apologize here in advance :blahblah:

Edited by mikepeluso8, 21 May 2012 - 12:13 PM.

#234 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,360 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 12:29 PM

If all of you started cutting and running after we were down 2-1 to the Panthers, you would have missed some incredible games. Ridiculous. You know how many hundreds of thousands of hockey fans would love the opportunity to be seeing their team down 2-1 in the Eastern Conference Finals right now?

#235 pattyelias

pattyelias

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,893 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 01:19 PM

If all of you started cutting and running after we were down 2-1 to the Panthers, you would have missed some incredible games. Ridiculous. You know how many hundreds of thousands of hockey fans would love the opportunity to be seeing their team down 2-1 in the Eastern Conference Finals right now?

due to the overwhelming response i've received, my seat in 101 for $110 (the face value. yes i bought it through the presale), is STILL AVAILABLE. at cost. to a devils fan. i won't even ask you to buy me a beer, unless you feel so inclined. if you do feel so inclined i would like a goose island IPA.

#236 pattyelias

pattyelias

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,893 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 10:29 PM

devlman is the man and you should all thank him for this win. i am so glad i did not sell to a ranger fan tonight. definitely helped with the positive vibes.

#237 devlman

devlman

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,896 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 10:56 PM

Haha its all you taking one for the team and not selling to the rags fans. Pattyelias held things down in 101 with a lot of henrik mock chants! Good times man

#238 trailblazer

trailblazer

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 310 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 11:05 PM

I will be there with bells on tonight.

Barack Obama says I can conduct myself as I see fit, that's the beauty of this democratic union we live in. I will ALSO make statements/form opinions/converse with others regarding my feelings about a particular team, player, game etc. You don't like it, just don't listen. :giggle:

Further, you can call me whatever type of fan you would like to, but what I have viewed here is almost a BLIND optimism and a "cutesy" kinda fanbase...since I decided to start posting here. Reality is reality. I competed in sports my entire life, coached for a period of time and again, I am an avid sports fan spanning the spectrum...but when things are not GOOD or I see something I don't like, I am going to speak up. I apologize here in advance :blahblah:

Peluso8.....you fair-weather fan.
you didn't deserve to watch that domination tonight....

#239 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,133 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 05:02 PM

Anyone have any clue what the price is for the ticket line? Or if it still exists? Haven't waited in line for a couple years, so just curious because I'm pretty broke right now, but if the price is a bit better than what I've been seeing on stubhub, I may rob a liqour store for $100 and that should cover it, lol.

#240 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,323 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 05:15 PM

If anyone is contemplating on going...I would snap up tickets now...because after we win TONIGHT, prices gonna go up, upppppp

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users