246 replies to this topic

#61 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,937 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 04:04 PM

Its good if they do a sale now before the Rangers-Caps series is decided so that the Ranger fans (if they win) won't buy until they know they are in.

Yeah I guess it isn't an accident they ended the presale at 10 PM lol.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#62 lucifer91

lucifer91

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 874 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 04:06 PM

this is the ECF.. they will sell out w/o a problem.

Agree, but just saying, how many devils fans (like me) are priced out, only to be bought up by Rangers fans (if they win). It just makes it seem like they would rather make the $$$ rather than selling to Devils fans instead of opposition team. Hey, I don't blame them considering the financial state they are in, I was just saying that there will be quite a few devils fans that won't be able to make it and that void will be taken up by the probable Ranger fan imo.
Posted Image

#63 third man in

third man in

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 04:06 PM

$700 for a ticket is criminal.

#64 mikepeluso8

mikepeluso8

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 387 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 04:08 PM

Agree, but just saying, how many devils fans (like me) are priced out, only to be bought up by Rangers fans (if they win). It just makes it seem like they would rather make the $$$ rather than selling to Devils fans instead of opposition team. Hey, I don't blame them considering the financial state they are in, I was just saying that there will be quite a few devils fans that won't be able to make it and that void will be taken up by the probable Ranger fan imo.

dude....really??!?!?!?!?!

It's called....BUSINESS

Look it up.
DIE HARD DEVILS FAN SINCE '90

#65 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,165 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 04:10 PM

I have 4 each to games 1 an 2.. Looking to sell at cost ($102.50 with fees) to any Devils fan.. Just don't be a dick and buy these to resell for profit

Game 1 - Section 215, row 8, seats 1-4 on the aisle

Game 2 - Section 231, row 9, seats 15-18
Posted Image
Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#66 abripper339

abripper339

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 50 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 04:11 PM

Tickets will definetly sell out and 200 level seats will sell for 250 a seat on stubhub, 300+ if its the rangers. this is the ECF, not round 1 or 2, you guys don't remember 95, 00, 03?

#67 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,165 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 04:12 PM

Many Rangers fans are priced out of the regular season.. You're acting like we're all poor college kids and they're wealthy businessmen.. We live in an affluent state and have the fan base to support these prices for the ECF
Posted Image
Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#68 lucifer91

lucifer91

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 874 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 04:14 PM

dude....really??!?!?!?!?!

It's called....BUSINESS

Look it up.

hence why i said "i dont blame them"

its called...reading.

learn it
Posted Image

#69 lucifer91

lucifer91

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 874 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 04:16 PM

Many Rangers fans are priced out of the regular season.. You're acting like we're all poor college kids and they're wealthy businessmen.. We live in an affluent state and have the fan base to support these prices for the ECF

well true, i guess i make that assumption by looking at my bank account and looking at all the suits in their arena....hahah
Posted Image

#70 mikepeluso8

mikepeluso8

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 387 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 04:18 PM

hence why i said "i dont blame them"

its called...reading.

learn it

Business is easy to spot and easy to understand.

All about the Benjamins.
DIE HARD DEVILS FAN SINCE '90

#71 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,771 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 04:38 PM

I think the price jumps after the presale, no? Last round, the presales sold for $71 and the day after, all people could find were $90+, and of course they were freaking out and calling the ticketing office frantically to send them a link or a deal, because that's what Devils fans do.

Nah face value was $71 and the reason $90+ was the cheapest that was available was because all the $71 tickets were quickly sold out.
"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#72 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,350 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 05:03 PM

Everyone comes out the woodwork for these rounds, they will sell out for sure. $100 for Eastern Conference Semifinals is quite possibly HALF or even a THIRD of the price of what you'd be paying in Boston, Detroit, or Toronto.

They are doing us fans a big favor by allowing us to presale, it's more than the Rangers can say their organization is doing for them. Talk to any Ranger fan you know and ask them if they're going to see a playoff game. They REALLY can't.

#73 thelastonealive

thelastonealive

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,899 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 05:08 PM

What's the deal with the "standing room only" tickets?

Proud recipient of the 2011-'12 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster, the  2007-'08, 2008-'09, and 2009-'10 Lady Byng Award for Nicest Poster, 

the 2008-'09 Bobby Holik Award for Funniest Poster, and the 2009-'10 NJDevs.com Stanley Cup for Best Overall Poster.
2009 NJDevs.com Survival League Football Champion

#74 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,350 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 05:12 PM

Nah face value was $71 and the reason $90+ was the cheapest that was available was because all the $71 tickets were quickly sold out.

Makes sense. Regardless, they're doing us enough of a favor by giving us a headstart on the tickets. Rangers fans (if they win tonight) have a lot more to gain by standing by and waiting to pick up as many Devils home game tickets as they can for cheap. Honestly, buying us out of our arena is their only chance to see playoff hockey, MSG is just that hard to get tickets for (and upwards of $250+ for the cheapest).

Whereas Devils fans are usually sluggish and indifferent about this stuff and then complain later on when tickets aren't available or too many Rangers fans show up. So these presales are awesome for us to be able to be a part of, and I like the initiative by so many fans that I'm seeing that are buying the maximum 4 per game and selling them to Devils fans who haven't received the link (seeing this a lot on HFBoards).

#75 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,350 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 05:14 PM

What's the deal with the "standing room only" tickets?

I'm guessing that's Section 122. They've gotten complaints (by unknowing people that didn't really want to stand) about the standing and chanting section, so I think they're pushing it as "standing room."

#76 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,771 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 05:15 PM

Makes sense. Regardless, they're doing us enough of a favor by giving us a headstart on the tickets. Rangers fans (if they win tonight) have a lot more to gain by standing by and waiting to pick up as many Devils home game tickets as they can for cheap. Honestly, buying us out of our arena is their only chance to see playoff hockey, MSG is just that hard to get tickets for (and upwards of $250+ for the cheapest).

Whereas Devils fans are usually sluggish and indifferent about this stuff and then complain later on when tickets aren't available or too many Rangers fans show up. So these presales are awesome for us to be able to be a part of, and I like the initiative by so many fans that I'm seeing that are buying the maximum 4 per game and selling them to Devils fans who haven't received the link (seeing this a lot on HFBoards).

Agreed and I hope everyone continues to do their part by not bringing Rangers fans with the tickets they're buying.
"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#77 Advanced

Advanced

Draft Pick

• Pond Hockey
  • 6 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 05:21 PM

I went to the viewing party but have never bought tickets before.. I got the code/email.

As long as you went you should of gotten it.

#78 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,350 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 05:22 PM

Agreed and I hope everyone continues to do their part by not bringing Rangers fans with the tickets they're buying.

Unfortunately my brother is bringing one Rangers guy, even though I told him not to. I think he struck a deal with this good friend of his. My brother's buying the tickets for The Rock and his friend is buying the tickets to MSG. Although I'll hate seeing blue at The Rock next week (if it is indeed the Rangers), that's a pretty damn good deal.

#79 95Crash

95Crash

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,943 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 05:44 PM

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm already having difficulty getting four tix together for Upper Level or Balcony for games 1-3. I haven't tried Game 4.

#80 sassquash

sassquash

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 06:47 PM

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm already having difficulty getting four tix together for Upper Level or Balcony for games 1-3. I haven't tried Game 4.

Same here.. cant find pairs for under $200 and singles are getting sparce.. plus that security word check is a PITA

functionless art is simply tolerated vandalism

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users