ECF Tickets

Bartholomew Hunt

Makes sense. Regardless, they're doing us enough of a favor by giving us a headstart on the tickets. Rangers fans (if they win tonight) have a lot more to gain by standing by and waiting to pick up as many Devils home game tickets as they can for cheap. Honestly, buying us out of our arena is their only chance to see playoff hockey, MSG is just that hard to get tickets for (and upwards of $250+ for the cheapest).

Whereas Devils fans are usually sluggish and indifferent about this stuff and then complain later on when tickets aren't available or too many Rangers fans show up. So these presales are awesome for us to be able to be a part of, and I like the initiative by so many fans that I'm seeing that are buying the maximum 4 per game and selling them to Devils fans who haven't received the link (seeing this a lot on HFBoards).

Agreed and I hope everyone continues to do their part by not bringing Rangers fans with the tickets they're buying.

Agreed and I hope everyone continues to do their part by not bringing Rangers fans with the tickets they're buying.

Unfortunately my brother is bringing one Rangers guy, even though I told him not to. I think he struck a deal with this good friend of his. My brother's buying the tickets for The Rock and his friend is buying the tickets to MSG. Although I'll hate seeing blue at The Rock next week (if it is indeed the Rangers), that's a pretty damn good deal.

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm already having difficulty getting four tix together for Upper Level or Balcony for games 1-3. I haven't tried Game 4.

Same here.. cant find pairs for under $200 and singles are getting sparce.. plus that security word check is a PITA

What is everyone doing then? Should we buy from a third party website or wait until tickets go on sale to the gp? when will that be?

They put 1000 tickets per game aside for general sale tomorrow morning at 11AM. If the Capitals game holds up the way it is, the frenzy won't be TOO crazy, but still, you better hurry up at 11AM and grab them. By all accounts of people with connection to the Devils, the response has been overwhelming. The games are pretty much sold out.

Novice buyer here i guess..

So tomorrow at 11am -- is only 1000 tix per game going to be available?

How do we know this?

and if true ....

when do more go on sale? or is that all that is left?

One more question -- the tickets available tomorrow at 11am -- Can you buy straight from Box Office as in going to the Rock to buy with cash or charge?

:blink:

So it looks like the website is having problems selling tickets.

But if you refresh the search it shows you the actual prices and its 101.50 after taxes for all Upper Level Section 200 seats ... and the Lounges are up to 700...

Still pretty upset they were only selling single tickets

I wonder if this will hurt the tickets sales other than improve them since we're in the ECF.

Novice buyer here i guess..

So tomorrow at 11am -- is only 1000 tix per game going to be available?

How do we know this?

and if true ....

when do more go on sale? or is that all that is left?

One more question -- the tickets available tomorrow at 11am -- Can you buy straight from Box Office as in going to the Rock to buy with cash or charge?

:blink:

One of the guys from the Devils ticketing office answers a lot of questions on HFB. He said 1000 were reserved for tomorrow's sale at 1000. I don't know if that's box office or just Ticketmaster though.

So it looks like the website is having problems selling tickets.

But if you refresh the search it shows you the actual prices and its 101.50 after taxes for all Upper Level Section 200 seats ... and the Lounges are up to 700...

Still pretty upset they were only selling single tickets

I wonder if this will hurt the tickets sales other than improve them since we're in the ECF.

From what the ticketing guy (and many other people) are saying, it looks like all possible 4 home games are sold out via the presale alone, minus several thousand (total) tickets they put aside for general purchase tomorrow morning.

Considering the Rangers and Capitals series is still going on, I think this is awesome. Rangers fans are probably still hesitant to buy out our tickets, so if all the games are completely sold out by the time that series is decided, I would assume that a large part of Blueshirts are pretty much out of luck. There will of course be reselling and scalping but a totally minimized amount of that thanks to this Devils-only presale. They really targeted a demographic of people who've supported throughout the season and are less likely to resell the tickets. A lot of people are left out in the dark who would probably want to go, but that's the nature of a team that's in high demand: games, simply, sell out.

Edited by DJ Eco

Is there some kind of ethical thing that the Devils felt they have to save some tix for a public sale??

Why not sell all to salivating Devils fans today?

Good question. I think it's for public relations. There are people getting angry that they didn't get the presale email or they did but thought the ticket prices were too high, hesitated and then went back only to find out it was sold out, so they got mad some more, etc. etc...

Giving them one more chance (whether they deserve it or not) is a good card to be able to play so they don't have to explain themselves to anyone. Although I'm of the opinion that there's nothing really to explain: Devils are in the Eastern Conference Finals, the games sold out in 4 hours because everyone wants to go. But don't simplify it that much to the people who like to complain!!

Edited by DJ Eco