246 replies to this topic

#141 Chuck the Duck

Chuck the Duck

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,528 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 11:05 AM

More than anything I think this shows the true value of buying a season ticket plan, even if it's only a 10 game flex plan or 5 game rookie plan, or whatever. By having any sort of priority for these events, insane prices and the hassle of buying online tickets are almost entirely eradicated. My seats for round 3 are $82 and guaranteed for every game rather than $141!!!

I only wish I would have bought 4 rather than 2 at the beginning of the playoffs.

Absolutely. I didn't even have to do anything at all to purchase the strips for rounds 3 and 4, and the ticket prices for STH's to these rounds are well below those I've been seeing listed on here. In years like this, you're happy to have purchased season tickets (not so much last season).

Edited by Chuck the Duck, 10 May 2012 - 11:05 AM.

Posted Image

#142 ZeroGravityFat

ZeroGravityFat

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,776 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 11:06 AM

That's ok, they should be all gone the time rags caps play, only resellers will sell to them, we will still dominate

martyb.jpg
Proud Winner of the 2012 Sergei Brylin Award and 2011 Andy Greene Award, Official keeper of Doc and Chico's random ramblings during play in blowout games

#143 Amberite

Amberite

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,966 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 11:30 AM

It's weird, I got a pre-sale invitation to round 2, but nothing at all for round 3. Nothing in spam, trash, etc. How do I contact the Devils to make sure I'm included in any pre-sales for round 4, if it happens? I don't want to miss out again.

#144 Devils Dose

Devils Dose

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,124 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 11:31 AM

You are right, and I think I am just a little bitter that I can't go, unless one of my companies vendors gives me club seats again

If anything, underpricing the tickets would be a boon to the Ranger fans. They don't know if their team is through, so they want to be able to sell (preferably for a profit) if they don't make it into the ECF. If the Devils had priced uppers at, say, $70 so that "more of the usual crowd could get in," then those Ranger fans would probably feel pretty good knowing that their options are either watch their team play, or profit.

Shame on anyone who thinks that the Devils sold out to Ranger fan money on this one. They could have waited until the ECF lineup was set, charged 75% more if NY had gotten in, and gone straight to the general public (the largest market) to maximize revenue, but instead they showed that they really do give damn about us and having a better experience at the Rock for our first ECF games in 9 years.
Season Ticket Holder since Jan.2009
Section 226 Row 2 Seats 15-16

#145 StormJosh

StormJosh

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 874 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 11:47 AM

It's weird, I got a pre-sale invitation to round 2, but nothing at all for round 3. Nothing in spam, trash, etc. How do I contact the Devils to make sure I'm included in any pre-sales for round 4, if it happens? I don't want to miss out again.

Did you buy tickets to any Rangers games this year? They excluded anybody who bought singles to a Rangers game. They said they excluded people who bought Caps tickets, too, but some of my friends who bought those tickets were included on the distribution.

You can e-mail Eric Kussin (ekussin at newjerseydevils.com) to ensure that you are added.

#146 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,827 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 12:07 PM

fvcking scalpers have pretty much priced me out of going to either of the first two home games :(

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#147 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,178 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 12:07 PM

If anything, underpricing the tickets would be a boon to the Ranger fans. They don't know if their team is through, so they want to be able to sell (preferably for a profit) if they don't make it into the ECF. If the Devils had priced uppers at, say, $70 so that "more of the usual crowd could get in," then those Ranger fans would probably feel pretty good knowing that their options are either watch their team play, or profit.

Shame on anyone who thinks that the Devils sold out to Ranger fan money on this one. They could have waited until the ECF lineup was set, charged 75% more if NY had gotten in, and gone straight to the general public (the largest market) to maximize revenue, but instead they showed that they really do give damn about us and having a better experience at the Rock for our first ECF games in 9 years.

Not to mention that today's sale was only 1,000 tickets to each game.. After PAWP, they had 7k left for each game.. 6k were sold in the high-security, Devils fan only presale (and at a discount from the general sale).. The remaining 1k were sold today

That was fantastic work by the team to have the presale an pretty much guarantee Devils fans were the only ones who could buy tickets.. 1k in the general sale is nothing and they priced it so high that I'm sure, like Devils Dose said, some Rangers fans were deterred given their teams uncertainty
Posted Image
Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#148 Amberite

Amberite

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,966 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 12:12 PM

Did you buy tickets to any Rangers games this year? They excluded anybody who bought singles to a Rangers game. They said they excluded people who bought Caps tickets, too, but some of my friends who bought those tickets were included on the distribution.

You can e-mail Eric Kussin (ekussin at newjerseydevils.com) to ensure that you are added.

Nope, didn't buy any Rangers or Caps tickets, but thanks for the email! :cheers:

#149 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,827 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 12:13 PM

Does anyone know a # I can call to ensure I get the pre-sale code for the next series (should they get there, of course)?

Edit: See the email, thanks

Edited by Devilsfan118, 10 May 2012 - 12:13 PM.

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#150 hockey3893498

hockey3893498

Banned Troll

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 12:16 PM

so in essence it takes about 5-8% ranger fans out of the crowd and it's 70/30 split at best? As long as tickets are on scalp sites and to the public ranger fans will buy them and pay for them. You'll see the same blue jerseys behind the bench and in the same pockets in the lower level because those seats are already owned by ticket brokers.

Good work by the devils to help eliminate some ranger fans but if people think youll get the same lack of rangers fans as flyers youre sadly mistaken.

#151 stephanericher44

stephanericher44

Draft Pick

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 02:03 PM

Don't listen to the Devils website, every time they say sold out there are always tickets still available. You gotta keep on checking the different price ranges on Ticketmaster. They often releases more tickets as the event nears I bought tickets in the 200 level 3 hours before both flyers game and right now there are still tickets left.

#152 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,599 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 02:25 PM

Don't listen to the Devils website, every time they say sold out there are always tickets still available. You gotta keep on checking the different price ranges on Ticketmaster. They often releases more tickets as the event nears I bought tickets in the 200 level 3 hours before both flyers game and right now there are still tickets left.

You can still get lower level tickets for home game 1 for $250.

I also agree that Ticketmaster/Devils ought to be completely transparent about what tickets are available. I don't know who controls it though, whether it's the Devils or Ticketmaster.

Edited by Daniel, 10 May 2012 - 02:27 PM.

Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#153 robdeselich88

robdeselich88

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,695 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 08:55 PM

Keep checking ticketmaster, they will release more tickets once the other team is decided. and if the rangers lose...check stubhub becase you probally had 100 rangers fans buy some tickets as a win/win
img]http://jerseydatabase.com/sig/temp.png?ran=987145633[/img]

#154 GoArmySports

GoArmySports

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,129 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 09:10 PM

Keep checking ticketmaster, they will release more tickets once the other team is decided. and if the rangers lose...check stubhub becase you probally had 100 rangers fans buy some tickets as a win/win

The ticket operations department with the Devils are the one's who release the tickets for sale on ticketmaster.

#155 Bringbackbrylin

Bringbackbrylin

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 10:12 PM

hard to believe we ranked 24th in attendance yet magically sell out every conference final.

:noclue:

gallery_47_36_882.png of The Championship Plaza brick my ex-girlfriend got me

#156 95Crash

95Crash

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,950 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 10:18 PM

I have 4 each to games 1 an 2.. Looking to sell at cost ($102.50 with fees) to any Devils fan.. Just don't be a dick and buy these to resell for profit

Game 1 - Section 215, row 8, seats 1-4 on the aisle

Game 2 - Section 231, row 9, seats 15-18

I just want to give props to Colin for pulling over $800 out of his own pocket to buy four sets of tickets at the special reduced presale price to games 1 & 2 of the next series for the sole purpose of selling them to other Devils fans at no extra cost. If the Devils end up playing the Rangers, I'm sure he easily could have made a pretty nice profit had he put them up for sale on eBay or Stubhub -- which would've been totally understandable had he chosen to do so.

But because he's such a huge Devils fan, on his own accord, he made sure that eight Devils fans -- myself included -- will be in the building for at least one game during the Eastern Conference Finals -- at a low price to boot.

Thanks, dude. I'll be sure to seek you out at Game 2. You can count on that.

:cheers:

(Just so everyone knows, all the extra tix he bought for this round have been sold.)

#157 ZeroGravityFat

ZeroGravityFat

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,776 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 10:26 PM

Got my ecf and scf tix delivered today but I'm not home, are they flashier than the first round or the same?

martyb.jpg
Proud Winner of the 2012 Sergei Brylin Award and 2011 Andy Greene Award, Official keeper of Doc and Chico's random ramblings during play in blowout games

#158 Demonic26

Demonic26

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 466 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 10:31 PM

Got my ecf and scf tix delivered today but I'm not home, are they flashier than the first round or the same?

The same

#159 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,774 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 11:34 PM

I just want to give props to Colin for pulling over $800 out of his own pocket to buy four sets of tickets at the special reduced presale price to games 1 & 2 of the next series for the sole purpose of selling them to other Devils fans at no extra cost. If the Devils end up playing the Rangers, I'm sure he easily could have made a pretty nice profit had he put them up for sale on eBay or Stubhub -- which would've been totally understandable had he chosen to do so.

But because he's such a huge Devils fan, on his own accord, he made sure that eight Devils fans -- myself included -- will be in the building for at least one game during the Eastern Conference Finals -- at a low price to boot.

Thanks, dude. I'll be sure to seek you out at Game 2. You can count on that.

:cheers:

(Just so everyone knows, all the extra tix he bought for this round have been sold.)

No doubt, Colin is one selfless dude and deserves props.
"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#160 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,178 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 11:44 PM

Thanks a lot Crash and like I pointed out to him, he was the first guy to buy my seats from me when I had to miss a game back in 2009 haha

I'll be in 227 for the remainder of the post season..front row still though so that's good
Posted Image
Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users