246 replies to this topic

#161 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,103 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 01:08 AM

I just want to give props to Colin for pulling over $800 out of his own pocket to buy four sets of tickets at the special reduced presale price to games 1 & 2 of the next series for the sole purpose of selling them to other Devils fans at no extra cost. If the Devils end up playing the Rangers, I'm sure he easily could have made a pretty nice profit had he put them up for sale on eBay or Stubhub -- which would've been totally understandable had he chosen to do so.

But because he's such a huge Devils fan, on his own accord, he made sure that eight Devils fans -- myself included -- will be in the building for at least one game during the Eastern Conference Finals -- at a low price to boot.

Thanks, dude. I'll be sure to seek you out at Game 2. You can count on that.

:cheers:

(Just so everyone knows, all the extra tix he bought for this round have been sold.)

Nice, way to be Colin. Good looking out for your fellow fans. And good looking out making sure we keep Ranger fans out of the building as much as possible.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#162 abripper339

abripper339

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 50 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 05:38 AM

hard to believe we ranked 24th in attendance yet magically sell out every conference final.

:noclue:

There are comments like these and others in this thread like " how did they sell game 1 when don't know if its home or Away" that show you guys weren't here in 95, 00, 01 and 03. Which I guess is a good sign.

This is the ecf, its not round 1 vs Florida. The ecf is a where hockey becomes a national event. They sell out instantly especially if its a possible nyr vs njd. If this is nyr vs njd those tickets are worth their weight in gold and everyone wants to make a buck. Njd vs nyr ecf would be the biggest tri state sporting event in quite some time

Edited by abripper339, 11 May 2012 - 05:39 AM.

#163 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 08:14 AM

I just want to give props to Colin for pulling over $800 out of his own pocket to buy four sets of tickets at the special reduced presale price to games 1 & 2 of the next series for the sole purpose of selling them to other Devils fans at no extra cost. If the Devils end up playing the Rangers, I'm sure he easily could have made a pretty nice profit had he put them up for sale on eBay or Stubhub -- which would've been totally understandable had he chosen to do so.

But because he's such a huge Devils fan, on his own accord, he made sure that eight Devils fans -- myself included -- will be in the building for at least one game during the Eastern Conference Finals -- at a low price to boot.

Thanks, dude. I'll be sure to seek you out at Game 2. You can count on that.

:cheers:

(Just so everyone knows, all the extra tix he bought for this round have been sold.)

+1

Colin's pretty much the man. :cheers:
Posted Image

"I don't like those Rangers fans from New Jersey." - Jim Dowd

#164 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,338 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 08:20 AM

The same

Such a disappointment too. In past years the Cup Finals tickets always had something extra to them. I was hoping for some foil Cup or something fancy on the Finals tickets...

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

#165 u2devs

u2devs

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 72 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 01:32 PM

Then sell them at face value!

#166 rpaq88

rpaq88

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 02:07 PM

They are straight up lying when they say that. I got my set of 4 side by side for a potential game 7 at 11:14am. People are still pulling up singles.

Not necessarily. Sometimes it can be sold out and the tickets are returned to the inventory. Maybe credit cards were denied or someone tried to make multiple purchases and the later purchases were voided or they didn't finish the transaction in time or cancelled the transaction. In the meantime those tickets are pulled from the inventory.

There have been plenty of times I tried to get concert tickets that were sold out immediately and then went back a couple of hours later and got tickets.

#167 mikepeluso8

mikepeluso8

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 387 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 08:16 AM

I have some friends who still need tickets....

What do you guys see these prices going to for home game 1 and home game 2?

I am curious where this is headed.
DIE HARD DEVILS FAN SINCE '90

#168 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,408 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 08:27 AM

Kind of interesting that the resale value on the secondary market is way higher for The Rock than it is for MSG. Does anyone know why? Typically, face value AND resale value for MSG is usually double The Rock's, which is mostly the reason they show up in our arena, for a little discount. Not sure why a Rangers fan would spend $240 on tickets to come to The Rock, when there's tickets for $160 to go to MSG... Weird no?

#169 third man in

third man in

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 08:49 AM

Kind of interesting that the resale value on the secondary market is way higher for The Rock than it is for MSG. Does anyone know why? Typically, face value AND resale value for MSG is usually double The Rock's, which is mostly the reason they show up in our arena, for a little discount. Not sure why a Rangers fan would spend $240 on tickets to come to The Rock, when there's tickets for $160 to go to MSG... Weird no?

Just saw that as well...very interesting. I know there are a lot of NYR fans in NJ but its still not adding up for me. :blink:

#170 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,408 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 09:20 AM

Just saw that as well...very interesting. I know there are a lot of NYR fans in NJ but its still not adding up for me. :blink:

Well we already know that a really good percentage of Devils fans bought the bulk of the tickets during the 5 hour presale and 10 minute general sale window. Maybe the fans have every intention to go to the games, unless they get something RIDICULOUS on StubHub, kinda like "I'll go, unless I get an offer I can't refuse" sort of deal..

Might be a good sign that the prices are so high? I wouldn't know though, I'm not too knowledgable on all the ticket reselling stuff as some others are..

#171 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,222 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 09:35 AM

My guess is twofold:

A) People were cautious about buying until the Rangers actually made the Conference Finals and prices will spike eventually
B) Since 'our' ticket prices were so high as well, and people showed they were willing to pay that price through the Devils, our secondary market's gone up more than normally
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#172 skeeter

skeeter

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,472 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 09:49 AM

It's simple, their first home game is tomorrow night and they have a lot less time to sell those tickets so their prices are dropping. We have 3500 on Stubhub right now, which is absurd.
gallery_47_36_882.png
Keeper of Mike Miller's cracking voice
Keeper of Claude the trumpet guy
Keeper of Slapshot the fondlin' mascot

#173 CHICO IS GOD

CHICO IS GOD

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,717 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 12:41 PM

4 tix in 212 posted in Marketplace for game 3 on Sat (home game 1). PM with offer.
Never underestimate the scoring force of the almighty one named Scott Stevens, who is destined to become the greatest Power on Earth.

Posted ImagePosted Image

NJ Devs Keeper of Glenn Chico Resch and CAA Sections with Row 2 as the first row.

#174 thelastonealive

thelastonealive

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,907 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 04:40 PM

Well we already know that a really good percentage of Devils fans bought the bulk of the tickets during the 5 hour presale and 10 minute general sale window. Maybe the fans have every intention to go to the games, unless they get something RIDICULOUS on StubHub, kinda like "I'll go, unless I get an offer I can't refuse" sort of deal..

Might be a good sign that the prices are so high? I wouldn't know though, I'm not too knowledgable on all the ticket reselling stuff as some others are..

Shhhhhhhhhhhh stop giving away my plan! :lol:

Proud recipient of the 2011-'12 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster, the  2007-'08, 2008-'09, and 2009-'10 Lady Byng Award for Nicest Poster, 

the 2008-'09 Bobby Holik Award for Funniest Poster, and the 2009-'10 NJDevs.com Stanley Cup for Best Overall Poster.
2009 NJDevs.com Survival League Football Champion

#175 95Crash

95Crash

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,950 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 03:50 PM

Devils launch ‘No Blue’, a campaign to protect home ice by keeping Rangers fans out

#176 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,222 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 03:58 PM

Devils launch ‘No Blue’, a campaign to protect home ice by keeping Rangers fans out

You can tell, they're already starting to worry about what happens if it gets to 2-0 by tomorrow night, with two and a half days between then and Saturday afternoon for Devil fans to bail out on the series.

Clearly the Devils have done all they could, to the point of absurdity. If the fans don't step up in Games 3 and 4 they have nobody but themselves to blame.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#177 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,408 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 04:08 PM

I can see how we're opening ourselves up for jokes with the whole NOBLUE thing, but hey, I think it'll get the job done, at least do a better job than previous years.

#178 95Crash

95Crash

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,950 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 04:15 PM

The NY Post has picked up on it too.

Devils trying to keep Rangers fans out of The Rock

#179 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,408 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 05:05 PM

The NY Post has picked up on it too.

Devils trying to keep Rangers fans out of The Rock

Any comment following any post or article during this series has got me writhing in anger, it's unbelievable. The complete arrogance and cluelessness just surprises me everytime. They literally outdo themselves everytime, it's infuriating, I'm minutes away from decided not to use a computer the next few weeks except for emails.

I thought this would happen against the Flyers fans and it didn't. Never thought the Rangers fans could infuriate me so uncontrollably as the past day...

#180 NLinfante

NLinfante

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 05:24 PM

We all realize how frustrating it can be, but you have to take a breath and consider the context. Historically speaking, the internet is in its infancy and its most paramount drawback is society's ability to post, chat, or interact with the veil of zero consequences. I hate the rangers and their silly fans, but I truly believe that the majority of people who write such nonsense on the internet would never say it in public if they could be held accountable. Let them write/tweet/post what they want. Let's just win game 2.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users