#1 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,235 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 10:49 AM

http://www.nypost.co...ontent=Business

Despite the team’s unexpected postseason run to the Eastern Conference finals, owner Jeff Vanderbeek, months after he began looking for a co-owner to help bail him out of an overdue $80 million debt, still hasn’t found that angel investor.

And the July 1 deadline is looming ever closer.

Beginning on that date, lenders can force the team into default.

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#2 95Crash

95Crash

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,960 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 10:53 AM

Typical NY Post, trying to stir sh!t up.

#3 Legion15

Legion15

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,871 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 10:54 AM

is that all they ever report about us anymore, the debt situation?

WtnoJnL.jpg
One Day at a Time

#4 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,277 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 10:54 AM

Devils doing well and the Rangers on the verge of elimination? Rerun the same doomsday article again.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#5 GoArmySports

GoArmySports

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,141 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 11:08 AM

How ironic.....

#6 justdo3043

justdo3043

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,042 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 11:26 AM

i hate hearing about this
"The $297,297 Kovalchuk missed today is money he will never, ever get back. And the more cheques he misses, the better the deal is going to have to be for the players to justify him sitting out. And unlike the owners, the players can direct their leadership to get a deal done regardless of how disadvantageous it is to them."

#7 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 11,026 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 11:29 AM

I love the unnamed source -

“Winning doesn’t change the value,” a source said, especially since the team already has a good long-term media deal with the MSG Network.

“Playoff appearances are random,” another source said. “I don’t think anything that can happen on the ice changes the story.”

What a load of horse sh!t. Winning and playoffs = making more money. Not rocket science.

#8 BCdevil

BCdevil

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 612 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 12:08 PM

I love the unnamed source -

What a load of horse sh!t. Winning and playoffs = making more money. Not rocket science.

They mean more money now but they have little effect on the value of a non-controlling 50% stake in the team. An extra $10 million to Vanderbeek is not going to solve the debt problems.

Edited by BCdevil, 10 May 2012 - 02:03 PM.

Posted Image

#9 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,442 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 12:28 PM

Actually, I think it was the Knicks who were feeling the heat from, well, the Heat.

But clearly the Devils are in some deep financial sh!t...we'll find out just how deep soon enough. In the meantime I'm going to enjoy this run while it lasts and not think about this situation.
THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#10 hockey3893498

hockey3893498

Banned Troll

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 12:35 PM

let this problem be an omen like 1995's franchise uncertainty. we know how that turned out.

#11 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,201 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 12:42 PM

Devils doing well and the Rangers on the verge of elimination? Rerun the same doomsday article again.

This.

Just like how their sources said Zach would be gone by trade deadline.. 2 days before, all of a sudden there is a rushed article about some mystery investors saving the day and keeping Zach (after Lou announced Zach was staying).. 2 weeks later, another article about how the investors backed out when they found out about the routine investigation that anyone buying a team would have known about beforehand (but apparently they had no idea and Jeff didn't tell them, in the hopes that the NHL would forget to do their routine procedure)

Can't wait to see what they make up next!!

Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

devildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gif

#12 mouse

mouse

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,501 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 02:04 PM

We were due for another one of these.

Sumus Legio
You don't turn this around in a couple shifts. Its going to take a little time, but I know the guys will come back. Because I can see it. -- Jacques Lemaire

sguq.jpg

#13 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,399 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 02:59 PM

Typical NY Post, trying to stir sh!t up.

This.

And This.

They just need to find a way to make us look bad even when we're succeeding.

gallery_47_36_882.png of No One
Proud to be King of the Kovalnuts (Est. June 2010 by MantaRay)

#14 Devs1965

Devs1965

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 03:40 PM

Tabloid... period

#15 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,905 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 03:42 PM

Whether you like it or not the fact that there is no denial from JVB is telling. Not good at all.

Where there is smoke there is fire.

#16 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,482 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 03:45 PM

Whether you like it or not the fact that there is no denial from JVB is telling. Not good at all.

JVB put out his statement long ago. He doesn't need to respond to every silly update from the only source that is pushing this. You may get an update or a status quo, but it won't be telling either way.

Where there's smoke there is fire may be a phrase that should be retired with 24 hour news cycles and the internet. :lol:

Edited by Devils731, 10 May 2012 - 03:46 PM.

Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

Sex Panther cologne -- 50 percent of the time, it works every time.

-Anchorman

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

-Anonymous

Keeper of Section 212-213's wayward step

#17 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,748 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 03:46 PM

That's fine, but a lot of teams go through this. Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Dallas, St Louis, Phoenix, etc. The NHL works hard to keep these teams where they are and to make the situation work. It's not even close to the doomsday predictions people come up with. More than likely, JVB is going to have to accept that he's going to need to allow a new part owner to make decisions with the team if he wants someone to help with the debt.
Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#18 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,905 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 03:49 PM

That's fine, but a lot of teams go through this. Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Dallas, St Louis, Phoenix, etc. The NHL works hard to keep these teams where they are and to make the situation work. It's not even close to the doomsday predictions people come up with. More than likely, JVB is going to have to accept that he's going to need to allow a new part owner to make decisions with the team if he wants someone to help with the debt.

That's how i see this and really this should be filed in the "sh!t that we can't do anything about" part our brains unless someone here has that much money.

I don't think it's a doomsday scenario but it's far from ideal.

#19 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,748 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 03:53 PM

That's how i see this and really this should be filed in the "sh!t that we can't do anything about" part our brains unless someone here has that much money.

I don't think it's a doomsday scenario but it's far from ideal.

Agreed.

Besides, they have enough of my money at this point hahaha.
Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#20 Ollie McKraut

Ollie McKraut

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 865 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 04:51 PM

Would be cool to have a significant stake in the Devils; I am going to start saving.
Send us back to hell,
we've had out fill of heaven,
give us back our sins,
deadly one through seven

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users