193 replies to this topic

#101 justdo3043

justdo3043

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,042 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 06:59 PM

I have this big Devils flag outside my house and I'm outside reading wen this dude driving by yells out "Rangers baby" so I shouted back "You suck!!"

Haha those bastards.. This is New Jersey, I won't take any sh!t on my team's turf

thats funny....whatever theyre dads raised them wrong
"The $297,297 Kovalchuk missed today is money he will never, ever get back. And the more cheques he misses, the better the deal is going to have to be for the players to justify him sitting out. And unlike the owners, the players can direct their leadership to get a deal done regardless of how disadvantageous it is to them."

#102 Anhkheg

Anhkheg

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 594 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 09:53 PM

The thing about the Rangers is that you could dominate and keep them pinned in their zone for a while. They somehow manage to keep the pucks out and prevent other teams from scoring on them by their blocking/collapsing defense. Then somehow they figure out a way to carry the puck across, create an opportunity and score on the other end. This is something they've done a lot during the season/playoffs. Devils have to be wary of that part.

The next thing about the Devils is they get their first goal but then have trouble trying to put in the second or third goal despite getting many chances.

#103 Jimmy Leeds

Jimmy Leeds

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,389 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 10:03 PM

In '94, a Rangers loss would have devastated them...........the Devils could survive it ( I still haven't), and the Devs obviously did.

2012, a Devils loss would be devastating (mainly for the organizations psyche), but I believe the Rag$ can survive it.

Let's see that play out.
I DRINK LOU-AID
Posted Image

Posted Image

Kill Mumia

#104 justdo3043

justdo3043

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,042 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 10:27 PM

im nervous how our forecheck will fend against the rangers d corps
"The $297,297 Kovalchuk missed today is money he will never, ever get back. And the more cheques he misses, the better the deal is going to have to be for the players to justify him sitting out. And unlike the owners, the players can direct their leadership to get a deal done regardless of how disadvantageous it is to them."

#105 TheMazz

TheMazz

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,343 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 11:54 PM

im nervous how our forecheck will fend against the rangers d corps

The Rangers had to go to 14 games to take care of the eighth and seventh seeds respectively. They are without a doubt the most overrated team left in the playoffs. Their scorers are not effective and are solely relying on the play of Henrik. All the Devils need to do is exploit and find a way to beat Lundqvist and they will have this series within the palm of their hands. I don't think the Rangers will be a match for the New Jersey forecheck.

n2eg.jpg

#106 sassquash

sassquash

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 12:50 AM

The Rangers are beatable and weary.. all we gotta do is play Devils hockey.

I dunno what they think, but the reaction of the Ranger players after beating the Caps had an air of 'we just won the Cup'

That right there is fodder for our boys.

Extinguish the ghosts of 94.

They're playing a "opponent doesn't matter" game, but that attitude says it does.

They're scared, and are dependent upon the Queen.. get to him early and often and we can make quick work of them.

Marty has to pull out all of his tricks and our forwards have to go high on the Swedish Meatball.

It will be hard. it will be hell, but when all is said and done it will be worth it.

LGD!

Edited by sassquash, 14 May 2012 - 12:52 AM.

functionless art is simply tolerated vandalism

#107 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,496 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 01:17 AM

CANT SLEEP :headless chicken:

Edited by Zubie#8, 14 May 2012 - 01:17 AM.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#108 TheMazz

TheMazz

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,343 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 02:06 AM

n2eg.jpg

#109 third man in

third man in

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 07:37 AM

The Rangers top 4 def have logged a TON of minutes the first two rounds, they'll be a bit tired. We need to come in hard and wear them down, and force mistakes.

Edited by third man in, 14 May 2012 - 07:38 AM.

#110 Advanced

Advanced

Draft Pick

• Pond Hockey
  • 6 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 08:18 AM

Anyone know where I can watch the game with devils fans in NYC? I was hoping for an official viewing party... but it hasnt happened. And I do not want to go to the bars in NYC as it will be crowded with Ranger fans.

I actually know 1 bar on times square that is sopposed to be a devils bar (on 47th street) but Ranger fans go in anyway and it turns out to be 50/50.

#111 Matteau#32

Matteau#32

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 994 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 08:39 AM

The thing about the Rangers is that you could dominate and keep them pinned in their zone for a while. They somehow manage to keep the pucks out and prevent other teams from scoring on them by their blocking/collapsing defense. Then somehow they figure out a way to carry the puck across, create an opportunity and score on the other end. This is something they've done a lot during the season/playoffs. Devils have to be wary of that part.

The next thing about the Devils is they get their first goal but then have trouble trying to put in the second or third goal despite getting many chances.

Very true, but that will help the Devils Fenwick and Corsi numbers, so it is good for the devils.

The Rangers top 4 def have logged a TON of minutes the first two rounds, they'll be a bit tired. We need to come in hard and wear them down, and force mistakes.

Wouldn't count on it. Rangers D is young and well conditioned.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#112 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,512 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 09:07 AM

Wouldn't count on it. Rangers D is young and well conditioned.

They won't be tired in game 1, but they will by game 4!

#113 Matteau#32

Matteau#32

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 994 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 09:44 AM

They won't be tired in game 1, but they will by game 4!

not worried about it. This is not like me or you playing a game and then having to go to work the next day. They have access to the best therapy equipment money can buy and a staff of trainers and massage therapists to help get them fresh. Devils have had 5 full days off, but the Rangers have been off 3 of the last 4 days. Not as if they were playing a game every night while the Devils were resting.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#114 lazer

lazer

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,774 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 09:54 AM

my body is ready
Posted Image

#115 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,512 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 09:54 AM

Posted Image

Surprised they put that picture on the back of The Post. You'd think they'd put one a little bit more flattering for the Rangers.

Edited by DJ Eco, 14 May 2012 - 09:55 AM.

#116 jim777

jim777

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,607 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 10:24 AM

There is NO part of me, NONE, that doesn't think we win this series.

gallery_47_36_882.png   # 44, Stephane Richer

believe-elias.jpg

"bring knee pads...wear flattering attire...hair and makeup should be performance ready" -from Devils Dance Team audition notice

#117 justdo3043

justdo3043

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,042 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 10:49 AM

yes!

#118 devlman

devlman

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,971 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 11:12 AM

I have this big Devils flag outside my house and I'm outside reading wen this dude driving by yells out "Rangers baby" so I shouted back "You suck!!"

Haha those bastards.. This is New Jersey, I won't take any sh!t on my team's turf

I love you.

#119 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,553 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 11:37 AM

not worried about it. This is not like me or you playing a game and then having to go to work the next day. They have access to the best therapy equipment money can buy and a staff of trainers and massage therapists to help get them fresh. Devils have had 5 full days off, but the Rangers have been off 3 of the last 4 days. Not as if they were playing a game every night while the Devils were resting.

The track record re: teams' play going into the 3rd round following two seven-game series wins is pretty bad. This is what I am hanging my hat on more than anything else, as far as the Devils winning the series goes. Lundqvist has really owned the Devils' shooters, as we all know. I'm glad many of my fellow Devil fans are feeling so confident, but I don't see how they're any closer to solving Lundqvist now than they were previously. I can see several games where the Devils outplay the Rangers, but Lundqvist's play steals a win. And if he shuts the Devils down for 3 or 4 periods to start the series, I can see the Devils already getting frustrated and gripping their sticks a little tighter.
THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#120 Matteau#32

Matteau#32

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 994 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 12:19 PM

Well, in that case I guess the Devils can't lose. I mean, NO PART of you, NONE! Funny, a Flyers fan said the same about the Caps-Rangers series. NO part of her thought the Caps would not beat the Rangers.
Posted ImagePosted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users