346 replies to this topic

#201 hit the post

hit the post

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 729 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 09:48 PM

They sucked so bad they got 108 points in the regular season in the toughest division in the league.

Then you shouldn't be so shocked they won....right?
And The Rags Have How Many Cups--Can't win many with a Farm team.

#202 TravisZajac

TravisZajac

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,277 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 09:49 PM

Again Marty is by far the worst goalie that is remaining in the playoffs. We match up better for the rangers than their first two opponents.

I think too many devils fans got a little too overconfident about this series. I hope grandpa in net doesn't cost us this series

Isn't being overconfident is being that much pessimist after we lost the game in game 1?

I mean come on lol

if we can tie this up, I bet you, Rangers fans will question their team

THEY got a fvcking goal out of nowhere from Girardi, barely deflected

Volchenkov got beaten up that fast and Bernier took a stupid penalty on the 2nd goal

other than that, reactions from most rangers fans after that 2nd period was '' feels like we're losing 3 to nothing...''

we were cyclying through their zone, they iced the puck 5 fvcking times and they HAD to use their time-out, Torts yelling at Gaborik so on..

Edited by TravisZajac, 14 May 2012 - 09:50 PM.

Posted Image

#203 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,533 posts

Again Marty is by far the worst goalie that is remaining in the playoffs. We match up better for the rangers than their first two opponents.

I think too many devils fans got a little too overconfident about this series. I hope grandpa in net doesn't cost us this series

Are you a fvcking Rangers fan? Show some respect..

#204 NJDevils1214

NJDevils1214

All-Star

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,090 posts

When we are out in 5 you will see how funny it will be.

This is the nightmare situation I envisioned for this game

Wow and I thought I was emo...(///_-) Worthless post^ :troll1:

I'm disappointed and I'm def. not looking forward to catching sh!t from Rags fans but NJ rebounded AMAZINGLY after game 1 against PHI. I think NJ played well tonight and lost on some bad luck much like in PHI. They will take this, learn from it, and come back better next game. The Rags and their sh!t D stole one tonight. I expect the Devils to really exploit NY's horrid turnovers and soft D play next time around.

815631765.gif

#205 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,202 posts

none of the goals that brodeur let up were really soft, but hey we didn't score any either. team blame. I don't think they were rusty either, the forcheck was clicking most of the game. We played more physical.

One thing I saw the caps do was take big wind ups and hold up on the shot until the sliding ranger defender was out of the picture...maybe we can try that? But honestly, keep grinding away...that's the best strategy

Edited by '7', 14 May 2012 - 09:51 PM.

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#206 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,278 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 09:50 PM

Right. And had the offense scored at all, that would matter. But they didn't. So if he gave up 1 or 20, it was still a loss. If they lost 3-2, you'd have a point.

But again this is a goaltending dual series. You are not going to see 3-2 more like 1-0 and 2-1. Every goal counts as much as every goal you keep out

#207 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,021 posts

And I hope our offense doesn't.
Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#208 hit the post

hit the post

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 729 posts

Nope....just a whinner

#209 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,278 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 09:52 PM

Wow and I thought I was emo...(///_-) Worthless post^ :troll1:

I'm disappointed and I'm def. not looking forward to catching sh!t from Rags fans but NJ rebounded AMAZINGLY after game 1 against PHI. I think NJ played well tonight and lost on some bad luck much like in PHI. They will take this, learn from it, and come back better next game. The Rags and their sh!t D stole one tonight. I expect the Devils to really exploit NY's horrid turnovers and soft D play next time around.

Who are you again?

I love what he did for the devils............10-20 years ago.

#210 TravisZajac

TravisZajac

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,277 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 09:52 PM

Who are you again?

and who are you to say that Brodeur is ''grandpa'd''

didn't you see that fvcking save on Marc Staal? Would you blame him for that 2nd goal where Volch(?) got beaten fastly by Kreider and that stupid penalty by Bernier?

again this team played as a team, lost as a team.

nn to panick now like I said earlier, the Devs only need to continue to keep that aggressive forecheck and ACTUALLY getting it on the PP/burrying their chances,,,
Posted Image

#211 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,278 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 09:53 PM

Nope....just a whinner

Thank you I am a winner

#212 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,689 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 09:53 PM

All I've been hearing all year from you guys and people on HF was how lucky the Rangers are. If we lose this series, and easily as I fear we might I'll go on a rampage. It's not lucky when you shot block as well as any team ever and have a terrific goalie at his peak looking to make a statement.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#213 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,202 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 09:55 PM

didn't you see that fvcking save on Marc Staal? Would you blame him for that 2nd goal where Volch(?) got beaten fastly by Kreider and that stupid penalty by Bernier?

nn to panick now like I said earlier, the Devs only need to continue to keep that aggressive forecheck and ACTUALLY getting it on the PP/burrying their chances,,,

wasn't a stupid penalty at all. Barely a charge, not even a hit from behind...pretty much shoulder to shoulder and a BS call
^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#214 Bonginator11

Bonginator11

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 219 posts

i just love those "intelligent" Rangers fans doing the MARTY chant after the empty net goal was scored. such great hockey fans...

#215 USAkid90

USAkid90

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 175 posts

All I've been hearing all year from you guys and people on HF was how lucky the Rangers are. If we lose this series, and easily as I fear we might I'll go on a rampage. It's not lucky when you shot block as well as any team ever and have a terrific goalie at his peak looking to make a statement.

This

How about *Gasp* giving some credit to the other team which rarely happens here (even if it is the rags)

#216 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,278 posts

First off I called him grandpa.

And second even the Marty defenders say the second goal was soft. What game did you watch?

#217 hit the post

hit the post

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 729 posts

Thank you I am a winner

I look forward to your tears....hell most of us never thought we would get pass the Flyers....this is more then we every expected from this team.

#218 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,278 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 09:57 PM

I look forward to your tears....hell most of us never thought we would get pass the Flyers....this is more then we every expected from this team.

I look forward to the mutilitide of excuses this board will come up with for excusing Marty from any blame if we lose this series.

He is a goalie and not god. I can criticize him all I want.

#219 hit the post

hit the post

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 729 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 09:58 PM

i just love those "intelligent" Rangers fans doing the MARTY chant after the empty net goal was scored. such great hockey fans...

Who really cares...we have done it for years in our building with other goalies...maybe not empty netters :o

#220 TravisZajac

TravisZajac

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,277 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 09:58 PM

First off I called him grandpa.

And second even the Marty defenders say the second goal was soft. What game did you watch?

?
Did I deny saying it was a soft goal?

calling Marty grandpa after barely a game, is like giving up already

the team as a whole were not as GOOD as in the first two periods and that cost them not burrying their chances in those two first periods

second, you're saying he hasn't done anything in the past 10 years?

Are you fvcking serious?
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users