346 replies to this topic

#321 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,067 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 10:06 AM

Rangers fans are coming out of the woodwork.

Posted Image

Check out the HFBoards thread, this was debated for like 15 pages.

lol really? what was the conclusion? I really don't go on HF Boards because my anti-virus software goes nuts with that site.

#322 EdgeControl

EdgeControl

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,351 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 10:07 AM

What I meant by the kind of Game 1 I didn't want to see was the Devils playing a good game and not having anything to show for it. Like you've said, they pretty did play a good game overall...I can't make a case that they should have won, but they definitely played well enough to win with a break here and there. Like I said, I think Lundqvist frustrates them, especially with their history with him, and I don't think it takes much for him to start getting to them. I hope they find a way to score in that first period in the worst way.

Yeah, this was the game I was concerned about also, as were most here. this was the collective, "ARGGHH" when we heard the horn in game 7, dam, its the rangers". the matchup takes away many of our strengths, namely feed the point off the cycle. and those two U.S. Postal Service trucks strapped to lunqvists legs looked bigger as the game wore on. the rangers are rope-a-doping and stealing rounds. frustrating! our snippers (kovy and syk) better get space in front and beat this swede or it will be a slow death

#323 Stolen

Stolen

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 10:13 AM

lol really? what was the conclusion? I really don't go on HF Boards because my anti-virus software goes nuts with that site.

That Devils fans are whiners and still using the old huge pads excuse.

I brought it up...but honestly, I never knew there was a 'huge pads excuse' illegal thing before the lockout. I sat there watching the game last night and thought to myself, "Lundquist has huge pads".

You gotta read the thread, it's gold lol

#324 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,067 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 10:27 AM

That Devils fans are whiners and still using the old huge pads excuse.

I brought it up...but honestly, I never knew there was a 'huge pads excuse' illegal thing before the lockout. I sat there watching the game last night and thought to myself, "Lundquist has huge pads".

You gotta read the thread, it's gold lol

He does have huge pads and always had. Whenever a shot hits his leg pads, you hear a thud that is louder than any other goalie can make with their pads.

#325 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,002 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 10:41 AM

no man brodeur is nothingness without lemaire,nieds,stevens,daneyko so on

without dat trap broduer is nothing

mottau,the hit everything but i cant play d Vishnevski,paul martin,mike mottau, johny oduya scott gomez were all helping marty getting better without em hes terrible

damn lets throw dat towel they get in playoffs aready man

I think I'd enjoy seeing you stick your face into a blender.

That's not too harsh, right?

I'm pissed. Won't pretend I'm not. But the series isn't over. We've had 3 "in essence" life-or-death games; games 6 and 7 against florida and game 2 against philly. I think the team realizes the magnitude of this game, and I fully expect a devils victory. When the rangers are belly-flopping all over the ice, swing your goddamn stick in their face if the puck is close. Give em a reason to stay on their feet. Also, I'm 99% positive that if someone shot lundqvist in the pad next game from a sniper in the upper deck, the bullett would ricochet out to center ice. You can land a damn airplane on the dude.

2008, 2010, 2011 Pat Burns winner for 'Most emotional poster'
2011 UDX Signature award winner

Posted Image

#326 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,067 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 10:46 AM

I think I'd enjoy seeing you stick your face into a blender.

That's not too harsh, right?

I'm pissed. Won't pretend I'm not. But the series isn't over. We've had 3 "in essence" life-or-death games; games 6 and 7 against florida and game 2 against philly. I think the team realizes the magnitude of this game, and I fully expect a devils victory. When the rangers are belly-flopping all over the ice, swing your goddamn stick in their face if the puck is close. Give em a reason to stay on their feet. Also, I'm 99% positive that if someone shot lundqvist in the pad next game from a sniper in the upper deck, the bullett would ricochet out to center ice. You can land a damn airplane on the dude.

I am pretty sure he wrote that to mock me for my outburst last night. I wouldn't take it at literally.

#327 Stolen

Stolen

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 10:55 AM

WOW.

http://www.nydailyne...ticle-1.1078367

#328 Jerrydevil

Jerrydevil

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,902 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 11:00 AM

WOW.

If that's not bulletin board material, I don't know what is. Screw Filip Bondy, Isn't there a tennis match he could cover!

#329 Risky

Risky

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,701 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 11:13 AM

I think this is a game the Devils needed to realize what they're up against. This ain't the Flyers. Adjust, get angry, and take Game 2.
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe... Attack ships on fire off the shoulder
of Orion. I've watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time... like tears in the rain.

#330 Ollie McKraut

Ollie McKraut

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 866 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 11:15 AM

WOW.

It almost seems like he's a Devils fan and he intentionally wrote an ironic "Dewey defeats Truman" prophecy.
Send us back to hell,
we've had out fill of heaven,
give us back our sins,
deadly one through seven

#331 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,067 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 11:17 AM

The best part is that the NY Daily News couldn't give two sh!ts about hockey until this past Saturday night at about 10 PM.

#332 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,432 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 11:24 AM

It almost seems like he's a Devils fan and he intentionally wrote an ironic "Dewey defeats Truman" prophecy.

It really does. He for sure has intentionally tried to make the Rangers look bad.
Although I was the innocent who thought no one was so vapid they would in all seriousness, jovially discuss how long you could travel in an hour driving 80 miles an hour.

I'm here for the party

#333 Legion15

Legion15

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,887 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 11:31 AM

The thing I still can't understand is how 2 refs missed Del Zotto closing his hand on the puck and throwing it away. Yes, hand passes are ok in your own zone, but not a closed hand throw. Again the officiating has been a factor as it has all playoffs for many teams. There NEEDS to be consistency!

And the blown delay of game on us. replay showed the ref screwed up.If this keeps up it'll be hard not to see the league would love an LA/NY cup final and is doing what they can to ensure that

Edited by Legion15, 15 May 2012 - 11:39 AM.

WtnoJnL.jpg
One Day at a Time

#334 #9Delieve

#9Delieve

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 63 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 11:48 AM

The devils need to blast the rangers in the face with sticks/pucks when they flop to block shots.its the only way to stop that b.s!

#335 socbrian

socbrian

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 136 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 11:48 AM

WOW.

"They’re popping champagne, smoking cigars,” Robinson said, loud enough for his players to hear. “They think they’ve got this thing won. They’ve done this before.”

haha I love robinson

#336 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,994 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 12:09 PM

Good, good.

Go ahead NY media, declare the series over after game 1. Give the Devils that spark they need.

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#337 devlman

devlman

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,964 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 12:10 PM

The best part is that the NY Daily News couldn't give two sh!ts about hockey until this past Saturday night at about 10 PM.

Exactly. They dont even cover hockey lol...yet here they are writing complete sh!t like this. Old dinosaur sports journalists need to go.

#338 SMantzas

SMantzas

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,827 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 12:26 PM

Am I the only one who thinks larsson is gonna be a key? His slap pass could give the Rags a different look

#339 Jerrydevil

Jerrydevil

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,902 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 12:40 PM

Am I the only one who thinks larsson is gonna be a key? His slap pass could give the Rags a different look

Maybe. You think this series is a bad spot for Peter Harrold?

#340 SMantzas

SMantzas

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,827 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 12:43 PM

Maybe. You think this series is a bad spot for Peter Harrold?

Thats a good question. While NY has a few fast guys like Gaborik, Hagelin and Kreider, Larsson didnt get burned last night. Im not sure how a smallish dman like Harrold would fare against heavy hitters like Callahan and Rupp

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users