What a great day that'll be for the environment

#22 Devlin

Devlin

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 572 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 12:02 PM

I don't have a problem with a NY promo or any type...Im just saying that to go through all of extra stuff that comes along with flying is a bit much for me. :)

I would just rather drive in since it's faster.

Sent from my SCH-I800 using Tapatalk 2

#23 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,481 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 01:16 PM

Are you serious? You REALLY think this is actually about transportation to a game? No, it is about adding to the experience of going to the game and having some fun. A plane filled with Rangers fans taking a flight to a road game. Transportation wise it is not "worth it" for ANYONE. Drive to Laguardia (or train/cab) get their 1-2 hours early, stand on line, then the same thing on the way back. Some people really amaze me. Oh, and if you are from LI, you are likely driving. LIRR on the weekends can be very annoying as it is a reduced schedule.

Obviously it's not meant to make their trip a little easier. It's a promotion by Delta, I know that. I would just imagine that the Rangers fan from Rockland County or Central/Eastern L.I. that is one of the winners would have to wake up at 8am, leave the house by 9am, to be lucky and maybe get to LaGuardia at 10:30-11 with no traffic. Have fun waiting on the security line; school's out and an absurd amount of college graduates are about to go to on vacation this weekend.

Winning this contest is a humongous downgrade from being able to go to the game on your own time and enjoy some pre-game beers around The Rock. The weather's gonna be beautiful, the bars are great, and everyone's gonna be around the arena having a great time while a bunch of "lucky" Rangers fans are flying into Newark airport. It's just a dumb idea, sorry you disagree.

I'm sure Delta have probably wanted this or planned for this to happen on a weekend game, but you have to imagine they're cursing out the fact that the game's at 1pm, not 3 or 7:30pm, etc...

Finally a reason to root for Al-Qaeda!

Too far, man, too far :huh:

#24 RSC

RSC

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,101 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 01:25 PM

I laughed. I have no shame.

"The real fans are always going to be the fans. They’re always going to support you." Ilya Kovalchuk, 11/11/2010

"I am a greedy little pansy." Ilya Kovalchuk 7/11/2013

Proud winner of the 2009-10 NJDevs Conn Smythe Trophy for best poster during the playoffs

#25 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,399 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 01:46 PM

i wish i was Louis CK so i could get away with some jokes right now

^Louis CK?

Edited by ben00rs, 18 May 2012 - 01:46 PM.

gallery_47_36_882.png of No One
Proud to be King of the Kovalnuts (Est. June 2010 by MantaRay)

#26 Ollie McKraut

Ollie McKraut

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 866 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 03:34 PM

:D
Send us back to hell,
we've had out fill of heaven,
give us back our sins,
deadly one through seven

#27 abripper339

abripper339

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 50 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 04:04 PM

Shortest flight I ever took in my life was a connecting flight from Philly to LaGuardia (had flown from San Diego to Philly direct). We took off, and immediately descended lol. I think the whole flight lasted 20 minutes.

I took that same flight.. was one of those terrible pond hopping planes.. we went up they gave the take off speach, 2 mins later we started descending and they gave the landing speach

#28 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,283 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 06:58 PM

I took that same flight.. was one of those terrible pond hopping planes.. we went up they gave the take off speach, 2 mins later we started descending and they gave the landing speach

The crazy thing is we took the same plane to NY that we flew on from San Diego. It was like a 757 or someting like that, a huge jet. It was weird to fly such a short distance on a plane like that.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#29 grcenter47

grcenter47

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 09:10 PM

http://sports.yahoo....-181319700.html

what a waste of fuel

#30 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,405 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 09:13 PM

Maybe the doors won't shut and they won't be able to get off the ground :P
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#31 Matteau#32

Matteau#32

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 990 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 06:09 AM

Obviously it's not meant to make their trip a little easier. It's a promotion by Delta, I know that. I would just imagine that the Rangers fan from Rockland County or Central/Eastern L.I. that is one of the winners would have to wake up at 8am, leave the house by 9am, to be lucky and maybe get to LaGuardia at 10:30-11 with no traffic. Have fun waiting on the security line; school's out and an absurd amount of college graduates are about to go to on vacation this weekend.

Winning this contest is a humongous downgrade from being able to go to the game on your own time and enjoy some pre-game beers around The Rock. The weather's gonna be beautiful, the bars are great, and everyone's gonna be around the arena having a great time while a bunch of "lucky" Rangers fans are flying into Newark airport. It's just a dumb idea, sorry you disagree.

I'm sure Delta have probably wanted this or planned for this to happen on a weekend game, but you have to imagine they're cursing out the fact that the game's at 1pm, not 3 or 7:30pm, etc...

Too far, man, too far :huh:

again, you are completely off. Anyone who enters knows how their schedule will change. Not going to have traffic to Laguardia on a saturday morning and again, it is about the experience. Something different. Do yourself a favor. Check your wallet. Do you have any cash on you? If so, go buy a clue.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#32 pattyelias

pattyelias

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,900 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 07:01 AM

I definitely hope this plane gets the JetBlue 9 hour treatment on the Tarmac.

Edited by pattyelias, 19 May 2012 - 07:02 AM.

#33 skeeter

skeeter

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,479 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 09:19 AM

I'd like to see how it handles hitting a flock of geese.
gallery_47_36_882.png
Keeper of Mike Miller's cracking voice
Keeper of Claude the trumpet guy
Keeper of Slapshot the fondlin' mascot

#34 Legion15

Legion15

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,886 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 09:24 AM

the stupidity level of people who would take part in this flight is over 9000!

WtnoJnL.jpg
One Day at a Time

#35 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,406 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 04:14 PM

Rag friend of mine was in on this. I was so hoping they'd lose just to rub it in her face. Oh well.

#36 David Puddy

David Puddy

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,314 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 11:18 PM

They just did a joke on this on SNL Weekend Update. Punchline, "it's a pretty cheap flight because there's a two-hour layover in Denver".

I'm curious now, is this the first time the NJ Devils have been mentioned by name on SNL?
Posted Image

#37 eaglejelly

eaglejelly

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,191 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 07:09 AM

They just did a joke on this on SNL Weekend Update. Punchline, "it's a pretty cheap flight because there's a two-hour layover in Denver".

I'm curious now, is this the first time the NJ Devils have been mentioned by name on SNL?

http://www.nbc.com/assets/video/widget/widget.html?vid=1372602

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users