208 replies to this topic

#181 Gunslinger27

Gunslinger27

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 342 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 11:50 PM

i got sick of watching all the stupid ass passing during the power plays.... Shoot the god damn puck. for christ sake.....
#182 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,385 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 11:52 PM

Yeah I agree.. We have shown we are the better team, so there is no reason to assume we will lose this series.. Our mantra has been "Stick to the game plan" and it's shown it can beat them.. Just have to get the puck in the damn net

Sorry, Dude, but Rags/Kings SCF is inevitable. I refuse to be pie in the sky because the fall is harder. There is no way the Devils can win this series. We've played really well but have been shut out twice and scraped out one win. The fact that we've been shut out twice is not a good sign if you expect this team to win the series. The Rags have a game plan on us which seems to be to shut down the first two periods then win the third period and it appears to be working.
I'd love to see the Devils advance, but I'll eat my hat if they do.

mk6ihcS.gif?1

#183 David Puddy

David Puddy

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,322 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 11:55 PM

i got sick of watching all the stupid ass passing during the power plays.... Shoot the god damn puck. for christ sake.....

No lanes. What do you want, someone to take a shot, have it get blocked up high and turn into a short handed breakaway or rush?
Posted Image

#184 mikepeluso8

mikepeluso8

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 388 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 12:17 AM

What are you talking aout? If anything, this Saturday afternoon game is more favorable for visiting fans to make. And it was still, according to those there still 85-15 devs fans.

60-40 devils fans MAX.

TONS OF RANGERS FANS THERE TODAY.
DIE HARD DEVILS FAN SINCE '90

#185 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,518 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 12:28 AM

60-40 devils fans MAX.

You're kidding, right? That was the least amount of Ranger fans I've ever seen, I think. I'd say 10%.
Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

Sex Panther cologne -- 50 percent of the time, it works every time.

-Anchorman

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

-Anonymous

Keeper of Section 212-213's wayward step

#186 Cachorro Louco

Cachorro Louco

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 665 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 12:29 AM

Sorry, Dude, but Rags/Kings SCF is inevitable. I refuse to be pie in the sky because the fall is harder. There is no way the Devils can win this series. We've played really well but have been shut out twice and scraped out one win. The fact that we've been shut out twice is not a good sign if you expect this team to win the series. The Rags have a game plan on us which seems to be to shut down the first two periods then win the third period and it appears to be working.
I'd love to see the Devils advance, but I'll eat my hat if they do.

The only way is Henrik gets hurt. But judging by the amount o gear he wears, he may as well be run over by a tank and be ok to play the game.

Posted Image

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose."

Ayrton Senna da Siva

#187 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,782 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 12:29 AM

60-40 devils fans MAX.

Dude, not even close to 60-40. Not. Even. Close. This was a 90-10 Devils crowd, 85-15 at worst, and the reason why you're under the impression that it was 60-40 is because the Devils couldn't score at all, while the Rangers scored 3 times, one time after a bunch of Devils fans had already left. Period, end of story.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#188 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,219 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 12:34 AM

No way was it 60-40. I turned on the game and was astonished at how little blue you could see in the crowd. Maybe that "no blue" campaign actually worked. Def 85-15.
^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#189 nessus

nessus

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 874 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 01:37 AM

If they can win game 4, I won't be worried. A best of 3 series vs. the Rangers shouldn't be too tough.

#190 Matteau#32

Matteau#32

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 998 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 06:05 AM

Welcome to the Dark Side.

It doesn't feel any better over here, though.

I was fine if the Rangers speed was going to beat us, if they would play us even and win on some Brodeur softies or something. Losing this way is horrible.

Safe to assume this is the chart for game 3?
http://www.timeonice...amenumber=30313
Wow, looking at those numbers I would say the Devils must have won by 5 goals.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#191 mikepeluso8

mikepeluso8

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 388 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 06:45 AM

Dude, not even close to 60-40. Not. Even. Close. This was a 90-10 Devils crowd, 85-15 at worst, and the reason why you're under the impression that it was 60-40 is because the Devils couldn't score at all, while the Rangers scored 3 times, one time after a bunch of Devils fans had already left. Period, end of story.

I was there and saw what I saw there were WAYYYYYYYYYYYYY more than 10-15% Ranger fans based on color alone WAYYYYYY more...20-30% blue
DIE HARD DEVILS FAN SINCE '90

#192 eaglejelly

eaglejelly

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,215 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 07:42 AM

Well Chelsea are playing Bayern Munich tonight at the same time as this game. A win from Chelsea and the Devils would make it an awesome day.

Not a good day for Red teams playing at home against inferior blue teams

#193 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 11,249 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 07:42 AM

I was there and saw what I saw there were WAYYYYYYYYYYYYY more than 10-15% Ranger fans based on color alone WAYYYYYY more...20-30% blue

I was there as well. It was about 15% and definitely 20% or less.

#194 DevilNurn

DevilNurn

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,131 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 08:13 AM

I'd say it was 80-20. Down low there were a lot of Ranger fans but up top there was max 20%. I'd say most of them were relatively reasonable (before the 3rd period obviously).

#195 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,782 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 08:16 AM

I was there too bro, I don't know maybe you had a lot of blue in your particular section? But it was nowhere near 20-30%. Nowhere near it. Had the Devils been able to score a goal, I'm pretty sure it would've been very evident.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#196 Devils Pride 26

Devils Pride 26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,086 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 08:17 AM

Yesterday was easily my biggest fear going into the series. Pinball their ass in their end for a huge chunk of the game and not be able to score. Zidlicky has been a disappointment thus far this series and Kovalchuk needs to step up and bury one of theose breakaways. Beat hank on both of them. If he gets the first off the ice its a goal.

They cannot beat us at 5v5, looking very similar to the Florida series minus the netminding.

Henrique and Clarkson put together a nice play in game 2 but Henrique is making so many bad decisions with the puck lately it hurts to watch.

#197 overtime98

overtime98

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,139 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 08:27 AM

No lanes. What do you want, someone to take a shot, have it get blocked up high and turn into a short handed breakaway or rush?

Exactly! and so true... and so many fan dont realize this.

the only way this series is over and we dont win if Lundqvist continue to stand on his head and get lucky for 2 more games... Devils need to keep coing at him strong and harder. next game get 40+ shots to the net.. wear him out.
New Jersey Devils 3 time Stanley Cup Champions 1995 - 2000 - 2003!

Posted Image

#198 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,028 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 08:38 AM

The crowd was definitely about 85% devils fans. Great crowd, loud as can be in the beginning, lots of chants and even mini standing ovations after pinning the rangers in there zone for a while early in the game. If the devils could have scored thw place would have erupted.

As for the ranger fans, they were dead silent until that goal. You could feel the whole arena shift. I have to say in my experience, the ranger fans have been way better than flyer fans. Loud and obnoxious, but not violent or anything. (again, just my experience so far),
Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#199 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,928 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 10:14 AM

Safe to assume this is the chart for game 3?
http://www.timeonice...amenumber=30313
Wow, looking at those numbers I would say the Devils must have won by 5 goals.

Yeah, you gotta be real happy with the way your team has played. This is definitely looking like a team that can win 6 more playoff games.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#200 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,411 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 11:11 AM

60-40 devils fans MAX.

You are wrong. Plenty of us were there and it was clear there was no more than 10 percent Rangers fans. It was the least I've ever seen at a Devils-Rags game and there were no pockets of Ranger fans at all really.

Saying it was 60-40 makes it seem like your math isn't doing so well, and takes away from the effort the Devils and us have made to build the fanbase and keep blue out.

This. I'm the biggest Elias fan there is, but he needs to get his sh!t together. He's been invisible in this series, and we can't afford that.

He was horrible yesterday. No points in 5 games now and he screwed up numerous plays yesterday.

gallery_47_36_882.png of No One
Proud to be King of the Kovalnuts (Est. June 2010 by MantaRay)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users