208 replies to this topic

#161 Risky

Risky

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,701 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 06:56 PM

Where the hell are you getting those numbers from? You really think all the devils fans are gonna sell their tickets cause we are down 2-1? Makes no sense.

Well, you see, it's because Get Real's actually Melanie Brodeur.
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe... Attack ships on fire off the shoulder
of Orion. I've watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time... like tears in the rain.

#162 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,424 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 07:07 PM

Don't know if it's been mentioned because I haven't read through the whole thread, but Parise left without speaking to the media today. Very out of character for him. I guess he was really pissed (and who can blame him, because its a crime the Devils lost this game) and didn't wanna deal with all the stupid "hey Zach, any comment on what your dad had to say" garbage.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#163 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,416 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 07:14 PM

It's been along time ago before 2005 when he won a game for us in the playoffs. He is showing flashes but he has a .917 Save % with a 2.0 GAA in this series to-date. He hasn't been that great throughout the three rounds. He hasn't won a game yet but the offense hasn't scored in this round. Since 2005 he has been .906 in playoffs games and in this series he is heading to that number. Can't advance with a .906. Retire Marty while surprising some.

This is irrelevant to why I brought Marty up in the first place. What Marty did in the past is what Lundqvist was able to do today. I know Marty is not the Marty of old other than in flashes. I want to win the Cup and see Marty retire a champion.

#164 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 11,199 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 07:14 PM

Good, hopefully parise comes out pissed next game

#165 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,416 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 07:16 PM

Can't believe you guys call yourselves fans, post on a Devils forum, and are talking about a Rangers/Kings SCF when we are only down 2-1 and have been the better team so far this series. I know none of you predicted Devils in 4 or 5 so stop acting like little b*tches and think positively for game 4. This is a resilient team and they have come back from 2-1 already this year.

Agreed. The Chicken Little fans are fvcking disgusting.

#166 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,424 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 07:19 PM

Also, I'd like to point out that the only thing gayer than the Rags goal song... Is a Rags fan blasting the goal song in his car. Which is exactly what one douchebag was doing in the garage where I parked. I wanted to brick his windshield.

#167 skeeter

skeeter

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,486 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 07:20 PM

Please don't quote the sociopath.
gallery_47_36_882.png
Keeper of Mike Miller's cracking voice
Keeper of Claude the trumpet guy
Keeper of Slapshot the fondlin' mascot

#168 devlman

devlman

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,976 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 07:31 PM

I hate to say this but the Ranger fans will own the Arena Monday night. Maybe 60-40. It's their game to lose.

What are you talking aout? If anything, this Saturday afternoon game is more favorable for visiting fans to make. And it was still, according to those there still 85-15 devs fans.

#169 newjerseydamo

newjerseydamo

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 332 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 07:32 PM

I think DeBoer needs to split the 1st line again - Zubrus and Elias were basically non-existant. Sykora had flashes but was basically invisible too.

The 3rd and 4th lines did a lot to get momentum going, just a shame they didn't get any in net either.

There really needs to be a shake up of lines - or maybe that was the game that has DeBoer thinking about Tallinder/Josefson...

I really hope we come out and win the next 2 games. I too said Devils in 6, but to win 3 in a row at this stage? I do hope it gets to 7 and the Devils take it.

"Music is my mistress, and she plays second fiddle to none." "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take."
jerseys3.png

#170 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,424 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 07:35 PM

85-15? Try 90-10. Its easy to sound like more when we have no goals to celebrate. The Ranger fans that were there were silent until the 3rd period. All their crap started up after the Rags first goal, predictably.

#171 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,401 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 07:43 PM

Today sucked but I am seriously not ready to do the whole "we're done" thing. Not because I am some pretend-to-be Mr. Positive fan but for me its just like fvck THIS sh!t: we are not gonna lose to the Rangers. I have full faith that the Devils will win the next game - it's not that I have some positive outlook on life, it's just my completely Devils kool-aided brain refuses to allow any other possibility into consideration.

fvck the Rangers. Seriously. They still suck.

gallery_47_36_882.png of No One
Proud to be King of the Kovalnuts (Est. June 2010 by MantaRay)

#172 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,968 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 08:11 PM

Today sucked but I am seriously not ready to do the whole "we're done" thing. Not because I am some pretend-to-be Mr. Positive fan but for me its just like fvck THIS sh!t: we are not gonna lose to the Rangers. I have full faith that the Devils will win the next game - it's not that I have some positive outlook on life, it's just my completely Devils kool-aided brain refuses to allow any other possibility into consideration.

fvck the Rangers. Seriously. They still suck.

They do suck... Yet.... Everything just go their way... It almost seems magical, its ridiculous

www.SterioDesign.com

#173 Jerrydevil

Jerrydevil

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,902 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 08:19 PM

This series is far from over. Think the Rangers are putting us away in short order? I don't think so.

#174 Beetlebum

Beetlebum

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,401 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 08:51 PM

some of you people are hilarious.

#175 Devilsrock01

Devilsrock01

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 790 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 09:07 PM

They do suck... Yet.... Everything just go their way... It almost seems magical, its ridiculous

always like that with them their so lucky

Posted Image

#176 David Puddy

David Puddy

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,320 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 09:22 PM

Players need to bury their chances. Easier said than done, I know, but getting no goals on all the breakaways and 2-on-1s is just unacceptable. It wasn't just Lundqvist playing amazing... there were a lot of individual mistakes in key situations.
Posted Image

#177 titans04

titans04

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,456 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 10:30 PM

I get it you never played ice hockey? It's no excuses, there's plenty of NHL scouts that have commented about his pads. Cheating has been going on for a century in hockey.
There's even rumors using today's technology of lasers to measure a players gear live in the pre-game to find illegal gear and springing the challenge at the right time during the game. My favorite is sharping the edge of the eye visor and getting in a fight to have your opponent cut up his knuckles/hands on it.

Frankly I'm surprised the other teams have challenged the Queen's gear. I did witness Marty get called for his illegal stick curve by the SJ Sharks in a 2-2 tied game late in the game. They measured and the Stick failed, Sharks scored on the PP and won the game.

Ignorance is Bliss

Didn't realize you had played in the NHL. And hell if you've heard other scouts have questioned his pads they're obviously illegal.

Again though please explain to me why the league would allow it to continue year after year (apparently), is it the whole black helicopter thing where the league will do whatever they can to help the rags? While at the same time fvcking the Devils every chance they get. Lunqvist was good today but it was more about the Devils again coming up small on the offensive side of the puck. 4 shots and 4 pp chances at one point had nothing to do with who was in goal.

However if excuses make it easier that works too, I guess. The series is far from over.

#178 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,968 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 11:13 PM

its far from over and i know the Devils are the better team, thats 100% sure...

but... they have been the better team every games, yet they are still down 2-1.... were gonna need way more puck puck to beat those guys and the guys have to start going for the dirty goals and stop being fancy all the time, just get the puck to the net and good thing may happen

www.SterioDesign.com

#179 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,505 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 11:15 PM

Elias needs to wake up in my opinion. He is very slow with his decisions when he has the puck, even strength and on the powerplay. He is doing a good job in the defensive zone but my god he has been brutal everywhere else.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#180 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,424 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 11:18 PM

Elias needs to wake up in my opinion. He is very slow with his decisions when he has the puck, even strength and on the powerplay. He is doing a good job in the defensive zone but my god he has been brutal everywhere else.

This. I'm the biggest Elias fan there is, but he needs to get his sh!t together. He's been invisible in this series, and we can't afford that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users