54 replies to this topic

#21 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,393 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 12:05 PM

I realize, of course, that this is not how it is. But it's how it should be.

Which we have no control over...

#22 David Puddy

David Puddy

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,301 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 12:08 PM

Tortorella is a sociopath.
Posted Image

#23 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,393 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 12:09 PM

Hearing is over. Waiting for verdict!

#24 Rangerfans

Rangerfans

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 308 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 01:26 PM

Prediction: 1 game for Prusty. Rightfully deserved, in my opinion. No injury on the play (for some stupid reason this takes precedent. It should be the INTENT not the actual injury or not), no past history. I don't think he'll get any more.

Glad Volch is okay.

#25 rf1583

rf1583

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 120 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 05:57 PM

1 game suspension per TG

#26 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,388 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 06:19 PM

For the last 5 years while Lundqvist has been making the Devils his own personal fvcktoy, I've been begging and pleading for someone to put a knee in his fvcking ear. No one ever does. I have no idea why.

Because Devils don't play cheap hockey. He's doing nothing wrong, nothing stupid. People who run at Brodeur are weak untalented schmucks who don't deserve to win. Why should we ask anyone on the Devils to do the same?

I'm here for the party

#27 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,881 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 06:21 PM

Prediction: 1 game for Prusty. Rightfully deserved, in my opinion. No injury on the play (for some stupid reason this takes precedent. It should be the INTENT not the actual injury or not), no past history. I don't think he'll get any more.

Glad Volch is okay.

Yep- 1 game for Prust.

Because Devils don't play cheap hockey. He's doing nothing wrong, nothing stupid. People who run at Brodeur are weak untalented schmucks who don't deserve to win. Why should we ask anyone on the Devils to do the same?

Because I hate Lundqvist and I'm frustrated. :P
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#28 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,388 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 06:24 PM

Tortorella is a sociopath.

He's just confused. Being outraged is getting to be a bad habit with that guy - it was apt when he went nuts about the Pens, but if there;s no truth behind it he seems really weak.
That's why I really don't care for him. I think he knows hockey and he loves the game... but he just can't maintain control - when the game frustrates him and he sees his team getting outplayed he lashes out to the point of absurdity.

Because I hate Lundqvist and I'm frustrated. :P

Fair enough :evil:

I'm here for the party

#29 Devils Pride 26

Devils Pride 26

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,975 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 06:27 PM

All the NYR fans who are complaining of there being a conspiracy against them are completely brain dead. You must have gone full-retard if you think the league is not pleasuring themselves looking at a potential LA-NY SCF.

#30 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,881 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 06:29 PM

All the NYR fans who are complaining of there being a conspiracy against them are completely brain dead. You must have gone full-retard if you think the league is not pleasuring themselves looking at a potential LA-NY SCF.

Seriously, they're starting with the conspiracy theories again because Prust got 1 game? Yeah, because the key to beating the Rangers is taking Brandon Prust out of the lineup. I mean, are you kidding me?
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#31 devs82fan

devs82fan

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 06:36 PM

1 game suspension per TG

good job shanahan!

#32 DevilMinder

DevilMinder

Owner / Administrator

• Admin
  • 9,003 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 07:10 PM

1 game suspension per TG

As I said in chat.

#33 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 22,935 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 08:07 PM

Seriously, they're starting with the conspiracy theories again because Prust got 1 game? Yeah, because the key to beating the Rangers is taking Brandon Prust out of the lineup. I mean, are you kidding me?

That, and the Devils 'finally' got the advantage in power plays in Game 3. Not that we did **** with it, but yeah I guess they expect to get more power plays every game when they get dominated for 40-50 minutes. **** them :rolleyes:
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#34 McMullen82

McMullen82

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 08:10 PM

I assume there will be a Shanahan video about this suspension at some point? I still wonder if Prust's elbow to Marty was also a factor

#35 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,397 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 08:22 PM

We can all rest easy now knowing we won't have to face the juggernaut that is Brandon Prust next game.

Edited by ben00rs, 20 May 2012 - 08:23 PM.

gallery_47_36_882.png of No One
Proud to be King of the Kovalnuts (Est. June 2010 by MantaRay)

#36 CAdevsfan

CAdevsfan

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 913 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 11:16 PM

We can all rest easy now knowing we won't have to face the juggernaut that is Brandon Prust next game.

:lol: But seriously, at this point, I'll take any help I can get. Besides, I'm looking forward to Torts head exploding when he's asked about it in the next presser.

#37 Prucenterrules

Prucenterrules

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,046 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 11:18 PM

:lol: But seriously, at this point, I'll take any help I can get. Besides, I'm looking forward to Torts head exploding when he's asked about it in the next presser.

Even better if it's part of the postgame after we WIN.
Langenbrunner is #1
Devils + The Prudential Center = The Stanley Cup
Martin Brodeur gets win #500 11-17-07
Martin Brodeur gets win #552 3-17-09. I was there.
Posted Image Doc Emrik's "they're josling in the corner", Elias' team record 365th assist, and Devils' 12th Dec 2008 8-5 win over the Rags. Clarkson's "Gordie Howe hat-trick" against the panthers on 2-28-09. The "A" Line. Marty's 100th career shutout. Zubrus's game winner over the Rags (09/22/09).

#38 Legion15

Legion15

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,859 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 07:21 AM

Torts defends this kind of crap, no surprise but yeah. Physical play is one thing but the Rangers go over the top a lot trying to get a rise out of their fans. If they can't do it legally, they'll play dirty to get it. It's all about ego on that team and has been for quite a while.

WtnoJnL.jpg
One Day at a Time

#39 Matteau#32

Matteau#32

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 972 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 07:29 AM

I want to say this definitely deserves a game because the intent was so obvious, but after the Weber incident, you never know.

The elbow when taken by itself warrants a 1-game vacation. When you compare the incident to other incidents and consider what Shanahan has done in the past, he should have just been sent to bed without any dessert.

You complaining that the league wants LA-NYR in the finals is just as dumb as the Rangers fans whining about a conspiracy.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#40 Devils Pride 26

Devils Pride 26

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,975 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 08:54 AM

You complaining that the league wants LA-NYR in the finals is just as dumb as the Rangers fans whining about a conspiracy.

Not even close because it isn't dumb in the slightest. You mean to tell me Bettman would prefer to have the 'two best teams' - which very well could be NJ-PHO - than LA-NYR who are a good draw based on name alone?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users