33 replies to this topic

#21 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,488 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 08:39 AM

apparently there is a picture of mike rupp in a dress surfacing on facebook that isnt photoshopped

It's from the Devils Halloween party. His wife went as Avery. He was her bitch.

I think you guys aren't reading this right at all. I mean I just think - the truth is kind of sadder than your fiction so maybe I should just shut up - sort of like a left-handed defense of the guy... but when have I ever shown discretion...

Rupp just isn't that good. The Devils saved his freaking life getting rid of him. He's a relentless guy and that's what's appealing. But he had to get shut down so he'd fix his heart and take the time to heal. So he healed and got treated like a scrub on his return -- so Lou gave him another chance, not out of sentimentality but because he had something. But it was too late Rupp CHOSE the scrub route. Because it's easy. It's a cut and dry role (heehe I wrote roll - like croissant) on the path of least resistance. Clark is one of the few that find his spot as thug while all the while working to go beyond. Rupp can't do that. He doesn't understand "use your size" --- what can you do? "Channel into your temper" -- he just doesn't get what that really means.... but he can scrape by if he runs on the fumes of frustration. :noclue: It's just a bummer... he DOESN"T think he could have been someone... he thinks this is what he does, all he can do... and he;s right now because he's getting old.

Soooo... it's not evil or cheap -- he just thinks he's doing what he has to, what he's paid to do.

You're giving him way too much credit. He's in this league hangin' by a thread... it's all he can do to keep his head above water.

Edited by Pepperkorn, 22 May 2012 - 12:15 PM.

I'm here for the party

#22 DobaMB30

DobaMB30

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 58 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 08:59 AM

Im still laughing at Rupp's all star comment calling someone "irrelevant" dude if anyones irrelevant its you
Posted Image

#23 robdeselich88

robdeselich88

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,695 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 09:18 AM

That rangers suck chant was def being chanted by the 16,999 devils fans there so clear through TV. Any other person watching in another market must of realized, wow they hate that team
img]http://jerseydatabase.com/sig/temp.png?ran=987145633[/img]

#24 squishyx

squishyx

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,320 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 09:21 AM

"No supplemental discipine hearings from Devils-Rangers Game 4; No fines expected either" -TG

I'm ok with that but I would prefer that Rupp gets a fine to at least put him on notice so they can throw the book at him when ever he pulls that sh!t again.

#25 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,405 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 09:25 AM

"No supplemental discipine hearings from Devils-Rangers Game 4; No fines expected either" -TG

I'm ok with that but I would prefer that Rupp gets a fine to at least put him on notice so they can throw the book at him when ever he pulls that sh!t again.

Maybe Rupp's tactic is for PDB to dress Boulton/Janssen.

Winner of the 2009-10 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster
Winner of the 2011-2012 RD Avatar Award

#26 squishyx

squishyx

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,320 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 09:33 AM

Maybe Rupp's tactic is for PDB to dress Boulton/Janssen.

I hope not, after seeing how effective this "ignore their douchebaggery" concept worked against the flyers, and how well it's working thus far on the rangers, I want to keep the status quo. I have loved how well our 4th line has played anyway, I wouldn't want to tinker there.

#27 grcenter47

grcenter47

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,346 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 11:31 AM

i think we should just stay with these lines and continue the momentum from game 4

#28 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,463 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 12:28 PM

It's from the Devils Halloween party. His wife went as Avery. He was her bitch.

I believe he was supposed to be the hooker that had Avery's name in her "black book" of contacts. I think the woman's name was Kristin Davis.....two seconds of googling later: Sean Avery in hooker's black book

EDIT: Here's the pic.

Posted Image

Edited by ATLL765, 22 May 2012 - 12:33 PM.

#29 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,095 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 02:16 PM

Oh my. What a handsome woman... :yucky:
Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#30 DevilMinder

DevilMinder

Owner / Administrator

• Admin
  • 9,082 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 02:52 PM

I am going to drink a couple of beers and never read this topic again. Some things are better never seen.

#31 grcenter47

grcenter47

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,346 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 04:34 PM

I believe he was supposed to be the hooker that had Avery's name in her "black book" of contacts. I think the woman's name was Kristin Davis.....two seconds of googling later: Sean Avery in hooker's black book

EDIT: Here's the pic.

Posted Image

i think this was the match.com commercial you WEREN'T suppose to see

#32 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,463 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 06:34 PM

I hope not, after seeing how effective this "ignore their douchebaggery" concept worked against the flyers, and how well it's working thus far on the rangers, I want to keep the status quo. I have loved how well our 4th line has played anyway, I wouldn't want to tinker there.

Agreed. The Rags have 9 total goals this series and 6 came on the power play or an EN. We beat them if we stay out of the box.

#33 Legion15

Legion15

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,897 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 06:50 PM

lol love Marty's reaction...

WtnoJnL.jpg
One Day at a Time

#34 NJD_3_Cups

NJD_3_Cups

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 84 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 10:46 AM

edit

Edited by NJD_3_Cups, 23 May 2012 - 10:47 AM.

Let the fire in your eyes light the way...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users