224 replies to this topic

#121 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,717 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 10:49 AM

I do but I was here only for the last year of his posting or so. No idea what he was like cuz the Devils haven't played the Rangers in the playoffs since then. Come to think of it we've ost almost all our foreign fan posters: ThreeStars....LOTCB....we runnin' them outta town or something? Are our glasses more red-tinted than ever?

Threestars moved to Austrailia, LCB is more on the facebook (and there has been a steady decline in post-quality around here the last few years, THAT has more to do with it then anything....we've lost a lot of regular Devils ones....me too to an extent)
Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

#122 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 11,200 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 11:07 AM

Except Matteau didn't troll much. He actually engaged in a lot of good debate and even when he did so was attacked pointlessly. That's just the truth. Now, the fact that he showed up only for this series and left after the Rags lost - makes him lose his credibility as a good poster and honest fan. If you only come here when the Rangers do well you start to creep into troll territory.

What a load of horse sh!t. Why do you keep sticking up for this clown? He's a troll, just because he's been around here longer then any other troll doesn't mean sh!t.

I am right here, not going anywhere. The Ottawa series I was miserable after each loss, was a bit more even-keeled for the Washington series, trying to stay the same for this series and the Finals.

I thought the "Marty's Better" chant was cute. Although it is not even close to being true.

Like I said on Wednesday, I expected a split in NJ (although did want last night's game). Rangers win the next 2 and move onto the finals. Queue Triumph with some Fenwick and Corsi numbers and an explanation about why the Rangers won't win 2 in a row.

#123 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,369 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 11:15 AM

So do we have confirmation of a banning or is he just not man enough to show his "face"?

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

#124 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,401 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 11:15 AM

What a load of horse sh!t. Why do you keep sticking up for this clown? He's a troll, just because he's been around here longer then any other troll doesn't mean sh!t.

You didn't even read my post did u? I didn't say anything about his length of tenure and If u read my last sentence......you know what forget it, logic doesn't apply to ur post does it? The reason I ever stuck up for Matteau is simple, he is a good poster, better than many on these boards and this board is at it's best when it has debate from all sides. The more good posters the better. Who's the troll now?

EDIT: none of those examples are trolling btw. Is that really your standard? Plus, that has nothing to do with the majority of his posts.

Edited by ben00rs, 28 May 2012 - 11:19 AM.

gallery_47_36_882.png of No One
Proud to be King of the Kovalnuts (Est. June 2010 by MantaRay)

#125 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 11,200 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 11:18 AM

You didn't even read my post did u? I didn't say anything about his length of tenure and If u read my last sentence......you know what forget it, logic doesn't apply to ur post does it? The reason I ever stuck up for Matteau is simple, he is a good poster, better than many on these boards and this board is at it's best when it has debate from all sides. The more good posters the better. Who's the troll now?

This is the part that was horse sh!t about your post...

Except Matteau didn't troll much. He actually engaged in a lot of good debate and even when he did so was attacked pointlessly. That's just the truth.

The second part of your post is you're finally starting to figure it out. He won't be back for awhile cause he only comes on here to troll.

We can agree to disagree, I think Matteau is a fvcking idiot blow hard Rangers fan and you like him. We can leave it at that.

Edited by Satans Hockey, 28 May 2012 - 11:23 AM.

#126 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,401 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 11:24 AM

This is the part that was horse sh!t about your post...

The second part of your post is your finally starting to figure it out. He won't be back for awhile cause he only comes on here to troll.

We can agree to disagree, I think Matteau is a fvcking idiot blow hard Rangers fan and you like him. We can leave it at that.

While I definitely think you failed to read my post the first time, we can definitely agree to disagree here. But you're standard for trolling is way too low, and you're unwillingness to realize that 95% of Matteau's posts were good, is the reason, if I were Matteau that I would definitely not come back after my team lost.

#127 RunninWithTheDevil

RunninWithTheDevil

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,329 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 11:27 AM

Ben00rs, we've been here for a bit and all your posts have substance, you should be able to see the trollage, however subtle.

You're right about Mattau KINDA. We've both been here long enough to remember SOME substance in his posts, but come on. This dude was out for his daily troll all series.

Martys better: Cute but not even close to the truth?

Saying that as a ranger fan on a devil board, and then writing off the devils as they lead the series 3-2 and claiming the rangers would win 2 easily?
That's not even being a rags fan. He was just saying sh!t to piss us offIf that isn't trolling at its finest then...

cghico.jpg

Winner of the 2010 UDX Signature Award

NJDEVS.COM KEEPER OF: Brendan Shanahan, Continental Airlines Arena, First game at The Rock, Chuck the Duck, New Goal Horn, Devils' Dancers, Chico Eats, Rock Your Red, Clemmers Shut-out against the Rangers

#128 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,401 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 11:37 AM

Ben00rs, we've been here for a bit and all your posts have substance, you should be able to see the trollage, however subtle.

You're right about Mattau KINDA. We've both been here long enough to remember SOME substance in his posts, but come on. This dude was out for his daily troll all series.

Martys better: Cute but not even close to the truth?

Saying that as a ranger fan on a devil board, and then writing off the devils as they lead the series 3-2 and claiming the rangers would win 2 easily?
That's not even being a rags fan. He was just saying sh!t to piss us offIf that isn't trolling at its finest then...

I have admitted that Matteau enters Troll territory for not coming back on here, I made the point that all the people who attacked him make it really uncomfortable for him to come back, but the point still stands nonetheless.

He DID make 1 or 2 Trollish posts on here, of his many posts, but that was long after many posters here attacked him simply for saying the Rangers were better and the Rangers would win. He's a Rangers fan of course he thinks that....and that was followed with a lot of, "fvck you!!!! No one cares what you think. Go fvck yourself and get off this board." And you know what? Matteau took it really well and rather than yell back he actually felt the need to defend his right to be on the board. Sad. So yea he eventually said some things to stir the pot a little but even they weren't that bad. It wasn't, "Marty sucks and slept with his sister," territory. Other posters attacked him first and said things that were way worse.

Edited by ben00rs, 28 May 2012 - 11:39 AM.

#129 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,566 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 12:52 PM

They're in denial CR. The only thing they could hold over our heads for the last 18 years is gone. They're mourning a death. Denial is one of the stages of grief.

LOL good point.

I couldn't be happier that the Devils were the team to knock that franchise and its piece-of-sh!t fans (most of 'em, anyway) into oblivion. To have to see them turn the clock back to '94 yet again, and act as though everything that has happened since they bought their Cup is somehow irrelevant or nonexistent...I was actually starting to become indifferent to Ranger fans, but I have been fully reminded of what a truly annoying bunch of unintelligent blowhards they really are. They remain as predictable as ever...calling the Devils the "Debbies", spewing all their other lame quips they just think are so witty and hilarious. That team can't fail enough for me...I can't hate that team and its stupid fanbase enough. fvck the Garden, fvck their coach, fvck the Dolans, fvck Lundqvist, and fvck their idiot fans. All of 'em.
THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#130 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,426 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 01:01 PM

LOL good point.

I couldn't be happier that the Devils were the team to knock that franchise and its piece-of-sh!t fans (most of 'em, anyway) into oblivion. To have to see them turn the clock back to '94 yet again, and act as though everything that has happened since they bought their Cup is somehow irrelevant or nonexistent...I was actually starting to become indifferent to Ranger fans, but I have been fully reminded of what a truly annoying bunch of unintelligent blowhards they really are. They remain as predictable as ever...calling the Devils the "Debbies", spewing all their other lame quips they just think are so witty and hilarious. That team can't fail enough for me...I can't hate that team and its stupid fanbase enough. fvck the Garden, fvck their coach, fvck the Dolans, fvck Lundqvist, and fvck their idiot fans. All of 'em.

Couldn't have said it better myself, minus the part about being indifferent to Ranger fans- I've never been indifferent to them. I've always hated them and I always will. I hope they feel the same misery I felt 18 years ago. HENRIQUE!!!! IT'S OVER!!!!
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#131 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,566 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 01:05 PM

Couldn't have said it better myself, minus the part about being indifferent to Ranger fans- I've never been indifferent to them. I've always hated them and I always will. I hope they feel the same misery I felt 18 years ago. HENRIQUE!!!! IT'S OVER!!!!

For me, I wasn't really paying much attention to them because I was SO focused on the Devils and what they were doing...there were times where this season felt like such a battle. But suffice it to say the full hatred is back.
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#132 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 11,200 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 02:08 PM

Amen, I hate them all.

#133 Devils Pride 26

Devils Pride 26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,059 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 02:20 PM

LOL good point.

Tell us how you REALLY feel :evil:

#134 mouse

mouse

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,514 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 04:35 PM

I defended Matteau a lot, but not coming back after the loss is pathetic. Like ben00rs said, some of our posters were inappropriate to him, and if we want to have good discussions with non-trolls (charlemagne and lotcb come to mind, though they've been inactive for awhile) we need to do something about that, but I've lost all respect for matteau.

Sumus Legio
You don't turn this around in a couple shifts. Its going to take a little time, but I know the guys will come back. Because I can see it. -- Jacques Lemaire

sguq.jpg

#135 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,566 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 04:50 PM

I defended Matteau a lot, but not coming back after the loss is pathetic. Like ben00rs said, some of our posters were inappropriate to him, and if we want to have good discussions with non-trolls (charlemagne and lotcb come to mind, though they've been inactive for awhile) we need to do something about that, but I've lost all respect for matteau.

I wasn't one of the ones jumping on him for the obvious...I was actually trying to have real dialogue with him (which always seems to be futile with a Ranger fan...like Derek, their true-blue colors show eventually). I remember when the Devils gained a 3-2 series lead, I admitted that the series was far from over, and that nothing would surprise me from then on out...one of the scenarios he said wouldn't surprise him was the Rangers winning 5-0 and 6-0 over the last two games...not only is that just assinine, he'd only say something that dumb in an attempt to try to annoy. NJDevs4978 has him pegged...he tries to put forth just enough intellgent ideas to balance the douchier comments he makes (the ones he makes simply for the sake of being a dick...passive/aggressive behavior at its finest). I also told him, if he was basically going to come on here to beat his chest over the series win he was SO sure was coming, that he should at least not disappear should the Devils win. He claimed he wouldn't. He did. So yeah, he's as big a joke as his team is. Whatever respect I had for him is gone.

#30 FOREVER!

#136 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,401 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 05:01 PM

Whatever respect I had for him is gone.

I don't think Mouse or I disagree with this. Like I said in my last post, I think we just see the deeper problem on this board in which a bunch of posters (mostly noobs to be fair) trashed Matteau right out of the gate, while he was debating Triumph and JMI completely legitimately. He might have been failing to keep up with them but he was being substantial nonetheless. Right now we have basically no fans of different teams on NJDevs (they've left)....and to continue to be a great board we need to make an effort to make this a great place for all fans of hockey to come and post.

I'm not saying he was ever planning on coming back, but the way some posters treated him didn't make it any easier. And so what if he said the Rags would win 5-0 or 6-0, that's hardly trolling at all. He's posting that out of hate for the Devils yes, but not necessarily to troll...he wasn't laughing about it like the Korean was for example. Honestly, it doesn't bode well for the board when Matteau is in the middle of an honest hockey debate and a third poster chimes in, "Dude get off this board, no one cares what you think. seriously, fvck off."

I really don't want to turn into the Fire and Ice blog where everyone is immature nor do I want to turn into HF where everyone just pats themselves on the back. Seriously, they are so boring.

Edited by ben00rs, 28 May 2012 - 05:04 PM.

#137 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,566 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 05:12 PM

I don't think Mouse or I disagree with this. Like I said in my last post, I think we just see the deeper problem on this board in which a bunch of posters (mostly noobs to be fair) trashed Matteau right out of the gate, while he was debating Triumph and JMI completely legitimately. He might have been failing to keep up with them but he was being substantial nonetheless. Right now we have basically no fans of different teams on NJDevs....and to continue to be a great board we need to make an effort to make this a great place for all fans of hockey to come and post.

I'm not saying he was ever planning on coming back, but the way some posters treated him didn't make it any easier. And so what if he said the Rags would win 5-0 or 6-0, that's hardly trolling at all. He's posting that out of hate for the Devils yes, but not necessarily to troll...he wasn't laughing about it like the Korean was for example. Honestly, it doesn't bode well for the board when Matteau is in the middle of an honest hockey debate and a third poster chimes in, "Dude get off this board, no one cares what you think. seriously, fvck off."

Agree that some posters were probably a little bit quick to jump on him because he's a Ranger fan, and because he was coming off as cocky as best, antagonistic at worst.

But he didn't really help his own cause much...he was definitely trying to get under members' skin at times...he'd watched his team throughout the playoffs...where was the slightest indication that the Devils could get outscored 11-0 over Games 6 and 7? At that point, you're pretty much admitting you're done with trying to continue an intelligent hockey conversation. Like you saw in one of my posts, I didn't have a problem with him posting his Rangers-in-6 prediction...that's actually how I thought the series was going to turn out (love being wrong on that one).

One Rags fan who was actually pretty cool was 94Obsession...he was Derek's brother, but far more rational. I wouldn't mind seeing him come back.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976, 28 May 2012 - 05:13 PM.

#30 FOREVER!

#138 daneyko_booster

daneyko_booster

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 596 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 05:15 PM

Lundy is good, but until he wins something or his career is over the jury will be out: is he More like Archie or Peyton/Eli Manning?

He did win an Olympic gold medal in net for Sweden, which is a major accomplishment even if he never wins a Cup. I rate best on best tournament wins almost as high as Cups. Marty, of course, has two best on best wins, and backed up a third. That's the only blemish on Roy's career in my books. He never won a best on best. Nobody blames him for what happened in 98 (see Crawford, Mark), but he wasn't better than Hasek when it counted for Canada.
Official Keeper of Ken Daneyko's missing teeth, Jeff Friesen's moustache, Shanahan's Pub in the CAA concourse (only place you could buy Guinness). Unofficial Keeper of Wayne Gretzky's perm.

#139 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,401 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 05:18 PM

Agree that some posters were probably a little bit quick to jump on him because he's a Ranger fan, and because he was coming off as cocky as best, antagonistic at worst.

But he didn't really help his own cause much...he was definitely trying to get under members' skin at times...he'd watched his team throughout the playoffs...where was the slightest indication that the Devils could get outscored 11-0 over Games 6 and 7? At that point, you're pretty much admitting you're done with trying to continue an intelligent hockey conversation. Like you saw in one of my posts, I didn't have a problem with him posting his Rangers-in-6 prediction...that's actually how I thought the series was going to turn out (love being wrong on that one).

I'll agree Matteau wasn't exactly the Switzerland of posters. But just because he likes the Rangers doesn't mean he can't post every here and there to get under someone's skin. He didn't do it egregiously, it was done out of emotion imo - probably from his frustration that the Rags couldn't keep up and were losing, and it doesn't count for trolling. Again, his prediction was asinine but it wasn't "The Devils have no fans, they should move," or "Marty slept with his sister," territory.

Edited by ben00rs, 28 May 2012 - 05:22 PM.

#140 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,401 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 05:18 PM

Friggin' DP.

Edited by ben00rs, 28 May 2012 - 05:18 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users