224 replies to this topic

#161 Matteau#32

Matteau#32

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 994 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 07:26 AM

The sabes didn't really factor that heavily into this series...Rangers actually seemed to crack the Devils' forechecking scheme, but thankfully the Devils found a way to win Games 5 and 6...I'm guessing the sabes showed the Rangers should've won those games. The sabes probably showed the Devils should've won Games 1 and 3 fairly handily.

But it's official...Matteau#32 is just another clown Ranger fan...knew he'd disappear if/when his team lost. I actually went on hockeysfuture.com (hadn't posted there in years), and some of the Ranger fans there continue to go on and on about how Matteau's goal will always haunt the Devils, how the Devils have never gotten over it...never mind that the Devils have won three Cups and are now playing in their fifth Cup final since the Rangers blew their wad. It's actually mind-boggling how dumb as a whole that fanbase is...it's almost scary.

How is anything official? I am right here.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#162 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,515 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 07:31 AM

How is anything official? I am right here.

Read my previous post, but it had been a while since you posted...the signs were pointing to you not coming back.
THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#163 Matteau#32

Matteau#32

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 994 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 07:31 AM

This is the part that was horse sh!t about your post...

The second part of your post is you're finally starting to figure it out. He won't be back for awhile cause he only comes on here to troll.

We can agree to disagree, I think Matteau is a fvcking idiot blow hard Rangers fan and you like him. We can leave it at that.

Aww shucks, you don't like me. A real shame because I was hoping to invite you over for tea and crumpets later.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#164 Matteau#32

Matteau#32

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 994 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 07:35 AM

Read my previous post, but it had been a while since you posted...the signs were pointing to you not coming back.

I read them, don't jump to conclusions, you are usually one of the more if not most level-headed people on this site. Was out all day yesterday and sunday, and saturday? Well, couldn't even bring myself to turn on my tv let along deal with any message boards, devils, rangers, giants, nothing.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#165 Matteau#32

Matteau#32

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 994 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 07:38 AM

LOL good point.

I couldn't be happier that the Devils were the team to knock that franchise and its piece-of-sh!t fans (most of 'em, anyway) into oblivion. To have to see them turn the clock back to '94 yet again, and act as though everything that has happened since they bought their Cup is somehow irrelevant or nonexistent...I was actually starting to become indifferent to Ranger fans, but I have been fully reminded of what a truly annoying bunch of unintelligent blowhards they really are. They remain as predictable as ever...calling the Devils the "Debbies", spewing all their other lame quips they just think are so witty and hilarious. That team can't fail enough for me...I can't hate that team and its stupid fanbase enough. fvck the Garden, fvck their coach, fvck the Dolans, fvck Lundqvist, and fvck their idiot fans. All of 'em.

Really? RIIIIIGHT, because Devils fans NEVER do the same exact thing. Call them the Rags, you even have a poster here named Blueskirt, so even bringing that up is just downright ridiculous.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#166 NJCroMag

NJCroMag

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 07:39 AM

Was out all day yesterday and sunday, and saturday? Well, couldn't even bring myself to turn on my tv let along deal with any message boards, devils, rangers, giants, nothing.

Awwwwwwwwwwwwww...

I'm gonna hug ya now...and you can hug me back as long as you need, man. I'm here for ya.

[hug that lasts for X hours]
"A lot o' people don't realize what's really going on. They view life as a bunch o' unconnected incidents 'n things. They don't realize that there's this, like, lattice o' coincidence that lays on top o' everything. Give you an example; show you what I mean: suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness."

#167 Matteau#32

Matteau#32

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 994 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 07:40 AM

I wasn't one of the ones jumping on him for the obvious...I was actually trying to have real dialogue with him (which always seems to be futile with a Ranger fan...like Derek, their true-blue colors show eventually). I remember when the Devils gained a 3-2 series lead, I admitted that the series was far from over, and that nothing would surprise me from then on out...one of the scenarios he said wouldn't surprise him was the Rangers winning 5-0 and 6-0 over the last two games...not only is that just assinine, he'd only say something that dumb in an attempt to try to annoy. NJDevs4978 has him pegged...he tries to put forth just enough intellgent ideas to balance the douchier comments he makes (the ones he makes simply for the sake of being a dick...passive/aggressive behavior at its finest). I also told him, if he was basically going to come on here to beat his chest over the series win he was SO sure was coming, that he should at least not disappear should the Devils win. He claimed he wouldn't. He did. So yeah, he's as big a joke as his team is. Whatever respect I had for him is gone.

What are you talking about? I also said I wouldn't be surprised if the Devils won Friday in a blow-out, or if it was a close game either way or even if the Rangers won Friday and then the Devils sunday. You took that the wrong way.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#168 Matteau#32

Matteau#32

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 994 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 07:48 AM

Pretty sure this isn't Matteau's first disappearing act...I can't remember exactly when it was, but I do remember calling him out on vanishing once before.

I did take a hiatus after the 2006 season, but hardly even came on here during the 2008 series. Came on at the end and simply stated it was a good series. Even exchanged pm's with a poster who turned out was sitting in my section for game 5 that year. I was in 232, and he was a guy banging a cowbell and trying to get the section going. That game, the Rangers went up 4-1 (I think) and he kept trying to get the Devils fans back into it. Since then, I will pop on from time to time over the past few years, mainly to be entertained. Guys like Satans Hockey are always good for a few laughs after Rangers-Devils games, regardless of outcome.

Edited by Matteau#32, 29 May 2012 - 07:50 AM.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#169 Matteau#32

Matteau#32

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 994 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 07:55 AM

I don't mind eztarget either, like I said I hate rangers fans, all of them. The vast majority always end up trolling here and I have no problem telling them exactly what I think of them. I wasn't the only one, there were several other fans who thought the same thing about matteau and they would have mentioned it eventually anyway.

I'm sorry but I don't live in a world where I want to get along with rangers fans. I have some friends who are rangers fans but their true douchebag always comes out when they start talking about the rangers to me. I was told kings are gonna win in 4.

I have 0 use for their entire fanbase and organization. fvck the rangers, fvck their stupid fans and fvck their entire organization.

You really should consider professional help. Did a Rangers fan bully you in elementary school?
Posted ImagePosted Image

#170 Matteau#32

Matteau#32

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 994 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 07:58 AM

Oh, and the part that kills me most about this series is how it was done. If Brodeur just stood on his head for four games, fine. If Kovalchuck, Parise, Elias went nuts, fine. But, they let the 4th liners dominate the scorecard.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#171 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 11,187 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 08:02 AM

You really should consider professional help. Did a Rangers fan bully you in elementary school?

*yawn* these comebacks sure are great :rolleyes: I have no interest in responding to you anymore cause I have nothing nice to say to you so I'll do the other members of this board who actually want you around a favor and just skip over your waste of time posts

#172 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,432 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 08:07 AM

Matt - you can't defend anything and come out looking a bigger, more controlled morally superior guy.

You have to do the Derek and say either right after the game or the next morning how much the game sucked but how Torts was really right in his press conference. THis didn't work out for whatever reason -- but the team is finally on the right track. Rangers wiped the floor with the Devils during the season and probably will again next. If I were you I'd say Devils are blowing it in LA and the Rangers will be back next year to win the cup plain as the nose on your face. There is just so much positive you can say about the Rangers.... THAT is how the non-troll fan who enjoys the Devils board responds. Just with total honesty - even with homerism. You and Rangersfan lack homerism that Derek proudly announced. Derek gave REAL kudos to the Devils not lip service.

As I ALWAYS quote year in year out -- To live outside the law, you must be honest. You're no troll --but you are to honest. If you honestly think you ARE being honest to us then you're fooling yourself. If you think fvck you why should I be honest -- well then you're a troll yeah?

So work on it - no yelling and finger pointing now -- just be honest. :noclue:

I'm here for the party

#173 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,399 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 01:55 PM

Matteau! I knew ya'd be back! Stick around damn it!

gallery_47_36_882.png of No One
Proud to be King of the Kovalnuts (Est. June 2010 by MantaRay)

#174 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,515 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 02:07 PM

Matteau! I knew ya'd be back! Stick around damn it!

Took him long enough, but better than never coming back at all.

Oh, and the part that kills me most about this series is how it was done. If Brodeur just stood on his head for four games, fine. If Kovalchuck, Parise, Elias went nuts, fine. But, they let the 4th liners dominate the scorecard.

Back to hockey talk...the scoring was pretty balanced...no one really went nuts (Kovy and Zach were at a PPG, but Zach scored 2 ENGs to bloat his total, though both were important), but everyone contributed...offense by committee...Salvador of all players had 5 points in this series, and the fourth line each chipped in 3 points or more. And Brodeur played well enough to win, and more importantly, outplayed the other guy in net overall.
THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#175 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,399 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 02:26 PM

That's not really a knock on how they played. Depth is kind of what wins championships and honestly the Rangers didn't have a lot of it. The Devils won three straight because they were the much better team. It took the Rags 7 games against an ok Capitals team to get to the ECF. What kept the Rangers in it was heart.

gallery_47_36_882.png of No One
Proud to be King of the Kovalnuts (Est. June 2010 by MantaRay)

#176 Matteau#32

Matteau#32

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 994 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 07:24 AM

Matt - you can't defend anything and come out looking a bigger, more controlled morally superior guy.

You have to do the Derek and say either right after the game or the next morning how much the game sucked but how Torts was really right in his press conference. THis didn't work out for whatever reason -- but the team is finally on the right track. Rangers wiped the floor with the Devils during the season and probably will again next. If I were you I'd say Devils are blowing it in LA and the Rangers will be back next year to win the cup plain as the nose on your face. There is just so much positive you can say about the Rangers.... THAT is how the non-troll fan who enjoys the Devils board responds. Just with total honesty - even with homerism. You and Rangersfan lack homerism that Derek proudly announced. Derek gave REAL kudos to the Devils not lip service.

As I ALWAYS quote year in year out -- To live outside the law, you must be honest. You're no troll --but you are to honest. If you honestly think you ARE being honest to us then you're fooling yourself. If you think fvck you why should I be honest -- well then you're a troll yeah?

So work on it - no yelling and finger pointing now -- just be honest. :noclue:

I'll be honest, I have no idea what you are trying to say in this post. Aside from telling me to be like Derek, which I will never do. I am toO honest, but I am fooling myself if I honestly think I am being honest? Although, I didn't even bother watching Tort's press conference.

*yawn* these comebacks sure are great :rolleyes: I have no interest in responding to you anymore cause I have nothing nice to say to you so I'll do the other members of this board who actually want you around a favor and just skip over your waste of time posts

Haha, this coming from the guy who only says, "fvck you, rangers suck.." or "go find a rangers board...."
Posted ImagePosted Image

#177 Matteau#32

Matteau#32

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 994 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 07:42 AM

Took him long enough, but better than never coming back at all.

Back to hockey talk...the scoring was pretty balanced...no one really went nuts (Kovy and Zach were at a PPG, but Zach scored 2 ENGs to bloat his total, though both were important), but everyone contributed...offense by committee...Salvador of all players had 5 points in this series, and the fourth line each chipped in 3 points or more. And Brodeur played well enough to win, and more importantly, outplayed the other guy in net overall.

didn't realize I was on the clock.

As for the balance, you are right. Devils definitely had more players contribute. Just seemed like all the big goals were scored by the 4th liners. Who the hell is Ryan Carter?
Posted ImagePosted Image

#178 abripper339

abripper339

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 50 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 08:20 AM

if the rangers won friday you'd of been here all 3 days so stfu.

do you ever go to the garden? or are you just a ranger fan living in NJ and can't afford to go the garden? one of those guys that hears marty chants on TV from the garden, thinks its cool and tries to chant marty at the rock. GTFOOH. your team got waxed up and down the rink. go back in your cave

#179 mouse

mouse

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,511 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 08:25 AM

Yes. He would. And if the Devils lost the series, I wouldn't have been on the boards for like a week. After a loss you don't necessarily want to talk about the game, especially when people are going to rub it in your face. If he hadn't come back, I wouldn't defend him, but stop whining that he did exactly what some of us do.

Sumus Legio
You don't turn this around in a couple shifts. Its going to take a little time, but I know the guys will come back. Because I can see it. -- Jacques Lemaire

sguq.jpg

#180 Matteau#32

Matteau#32

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 994 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 08:25 AM

do you ever go to the garden? or are you just a ranger fan living in NJ and can't afford to go the garden? one of those guys that hears marty chants on TV from the garden, thinks its cool and tries to chant marty at the rock. GTFOOH. your team got waxed up and down the rink. go back in your cave

first, might have come on saturday, but not sunday or monday, so thanks for playing.

second, I have rangers season tickets and take 2 or 3 roadtrips a year (not talking about Nassau, Philly, or Newark here) to see them play. Anymore stupid questions/comments?
Posted ImagePosted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users