535 replies to this topic

#401 mort4345

mort4345

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 11:41 PM

This is the time where this series is won or lost.

The most prophetic entry of the night.

#402 germandevilsfan

germandevilsfan

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 12:19 AM

only one Win away.........its unbeleavable :cheers:

I Love this Team!!!!!!!! :burn:
Posted Image
Posted Image

#403 mort4345

mort4345

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 12:28 AM

Now that the Devils are up 3-2 in the Eastern Conference finals, I'm having a flashback of epic proportions. My love, my true love, for the Devils really started on that fateful Game 7 battle with the N.Y. Rangers in 1994. I wasn't even a huge hockey fan back then but I was so enamored with the fact that the Devils openly acknowledged that they were from Jersey (unlike the Jets and the Giants). In short, I was fiercely proud of N.J. and took a shine to the Devils because they were New Jersey through and through. Long story short, the day of the infamous Game 7 battle with the Rangers, my girlfriend had scored us two tickets to an Elvis Costello concert (one of my all-time favorite musicians) at a local Minneapolis college venue. She was great and I appreciated the tickets ... but the venue didn't allow booze. So, being the quality 24-year-old that I was, I went to get booze. Eventually, I found my way to a bar in an effort to bring back liquor to the show, but as I was purchasing my merchandise (which were two awesomely lame bottles of root beer schnapps) I looked up at the TVs in the bar and saw that the Devils were behind with time running out in the third. So, naturally, I had to watch until the bitter end. And then ... the Devils scored with seconds on the clock. Now I was hooked. I ordered a few beers and kept watching ... all the while while my girlfriend was at the show. I made it through the commercial time and the entire first overtime. I then realized I'd better get back. So I jumped in my car, raced back to the venue with the root beer schnapps and parked the car. Now, I'm totally figuring out that I've basically left my girlfriend at a concert - a concert that she bought tickets for solely for my benefit - for the better part of 2 hours. And as I'm running back to the concert, one of the two root beer schnapps bottles I bought at the bar flies out of my pocket and shatters on the street. I finally get back to the show, sans one bottle, and the look on my girlfriend's face would have frozen Heat Miser from the Year Without a Santa Claus. For the most part, I also missed the entire concert, my favorite entertainer almost ever, sans the last three songs. Twenty minutes later, back in the car ride home, she breaks up with me (which was totally justified) and as she's exiting my car I hear on the radio that the Devils lost in double OT. And it was at that point when I realized I cared more about the Devils’ loss that night than my girlfriend breaking up with me … and that's when I knew I was a fan for life.

In sum, I want revenge for 1994 - and for making that Game 7 experience one of the worse nights of my 20-something life.
'''

Edited by mort4345, 24 May 2012 - 12:36 AM.

#404 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,399 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 12:29 AM

Now this is how a NJ Devil interviews:

gallery_47_36_882.png of No One
Proud to be King of the Kovalnuts (Est. June 2010 by MantaRay)

#405 RunninWithTheDevil

RunninWithTheDevil

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,322 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 12:31 AM

So glad so many of you were so quick to write this team off. They still may not win tonight, but these guys deserve a lot more respect for what they have done this postseason than they get from this fanbase.

this. some of you literally sicken me.

cghico.jpg

Winner of the 2010 UDX Signature Award

NJDEVS.COM KEEPER OF: Brendan Shanahan, Continental Airlines Arena, First game at The Rock, Chuck the Duck, New Goal Horn, Devils' Dancers, Chico Eats, Rock Your Red, Clemmers Shut-out against the Rangers

#406 mort4345

mort4345

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 12:31 AM

'''

Edited by mort4345, 24 May 2012 - 12:37 AM.

#407 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,477 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 12:40 AM

I love Ryan Carter, a very well spoken person.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#408 davieboynj

davieboynj

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 73 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 12:45 AM

Posted Image

Love this cap.
Hedberg: "...You never know what you’re going to get. The grass isn’t always greener on the other side. That’s all I can say. I know this is a very, very good place to be. I’ve been to a few places and I can say this is a very good one.

#409 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,399 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 01:03 AM

this. some of you literally sicken me.

I disagree. I don't see anything wrong with being emotional with all the stress of watching and saying angry things as long as they are not mean and too negative.

gallery_47_36_882.png of No One
Proud to be King of the Kovalnuts (Est. June 2010 by MantaRay)

#410 RunninWithTheDevil

RunninWithTheDevil

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,322 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 01:14 AM

I disagree. I don't see anything wrong with being emotional with all the stress of watching and saying angry things as long as they are not mean and too negative.

its bogus, certain posters had written this team off. the game was tied and people were literally talking about how the rangers had won the series, bunch of no-faith whiny spoiled little brats, and we talk about the rags woodwork crawling with fair-weather fans?

cghico.jpg

NJDEVS.COM KEEPER OF: Brendan Shanahan, Continental Airlines Arena, First game at The Rock, Chuck the Duck, New Goal Horn, Devils' Dancers, Chico Eats, Rock Your Red, Clemmers Shut-out against the Rangers

#411 Mindcrime30

Mindcrime30

Draft Pick

• Pond Hockey
  • 14 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 01:16 AM

As a new member, I certainly shy away from the board a bit because of the constant can't do attitude.
Our team is 1 game away from reaching the fvcking stanley cup finals. That is SO huge, this is such an exciting time to be a fan.

But it seems day in and day out on this board its nothing but "we suck" "well never do X Y or Z" "the game/series is over were down by a goal"

Clearly were doing something right being one victory away from the SCF. If you were to look at the mood of this board from the outside, it would seem as if the team finished in 30th place so many years in a row that they were being moved to Nebraska to pay in the ECHL.

And yes, its stressful so posts will be emotional but theres a difference between that and saying the season is over because were tied 3-3 in a series thats tied 2-2
Posted Image

#412 RunninWithTheDevil

RunninWithTheDevil

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,322 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 01:21 AM

this team has done enough so far this season to earn and deserve more respect than some of you have shown them.

cghico.jpg

#413 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,797 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 01:21 AM

As a new member, I certainly shy away from the board a bit because of the constant can't do attitude.
Our team is 1 game away from reaching the fvcking stanley cup finals. That is SO huge, this is such an exciting time to be a fan.

But it seems day in and day out on this board its nothing but "we suck" "well never do X Y or Z" "the game/series is over were down by a goal"

Clearly were doing something right being one victory away from the SCF. If you were to look at the mood of this board from the outside, it would seem as if the team finished in 30th place so many years in a row that they were being moved to Nebraska to pay in the ECHL.

And yes, its stressful so posts will be emotional but theres a difference between that and saying the season is over because were tied 3-3 in a series thats tied 2-2

Welcome to NJDevs. I've learned that you just have to scroll through that garbage. It's not even worth stressing yourself out arguing with those sky-is-always-falling fans, just ignore them.
"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#414 pumpkin cutter

pumpkin cutter

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 382 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 01:32 AM

does anyone think marty has a pep talk before the game? I hope to god him and elias do.

#415 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,477 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 01:48 AM

does anyone think marty has a pep talk before the game? I hope to god him and elias do.

I just need them two to bring their A game Friday. Brodeur has something to prove.

Actually the whole team has something to prove Friday because this was their worst game of the series. I foresee a very hungry locker room.

Edited by Zubie#8, 24 May 2012 - 01:50 AM.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#416 Mindcrime30

Mindcrime30

Draft Pick

• Pond Hockey
  • 14 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 01:52 AM

I just need them two to bring their A game Friday. Brodeur has something to prove.

Actually the whole team has something to prove Friday because this was their worst game of the series. I foresee a very hungry locker room.

Going to be an incredible game 6.
Rangers obviously will be bitter and hungry also, hope we can match that intensity
Posted Image

#417 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,912 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 02:23 AM

Lets do what the caps (without Ward) would have done ! Finish them in 6 at home !!!

www.SterioDesign.com

#418 ZeroGravityFat

ZeroGravityFat

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 05:19 AM

No matter what happens between now and Friday, remember this: I'm 2_0 with my gdt so don't dare start one for Friday, kthnxbye.

martyb.jpg
Proud Winner of the 2012 Sergei Brylin Award and 2011 Andy Greene Award, Official keeper of Doc and Chico's random ramblings during play in blowout games

#419 Deke

Deke

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,391 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 05:37 AM

i've gotten a serious marshal/friezen vibe from the forth line this entire series
Go Carp, go!
Salmonbellies rule!
Hit 'em harder cops!
But a hockey team called the Mighty Ducks?
Aw, man.

#420 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,511 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 06:02 AM

BTW I think Matteau#32 still has the Rangers winning in six.
THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users