GDT: ECF Game 5 - NJ Devils @ NY Rangers

ZeroGravityFat

Only the ones at "The World's Most Famous Arena". Their fans gave "Blueshirts" a new meaning last night. Did you see all the suits in the lower bowl with their light blue dress shirts (no jerseys) on last night? hahaha.. The 400s are all great and cool and all, but about 5% of the lower bowl had any sort of Rangers paraphernalia on or around them.

And they have the balls to make fun of our fanbase..

Uhm, there is something wrong with wearing a suit? There is something wrong with having a job where you wear a suit, and then go to the game after work? Sometimes, I wear a shirt and tie to the game, am I less of a fan because I don't have a job with my first name embroidered on my work uniform?

Yeah, if the Rangers ever actually got it done, it would be just like Rocky at end of Rocky II...bloody, beaten, at times dominated, but somehow able to pull it off.

And yeah, in a postseason full of surprises (I had the Devils losing in five to the Flyers, and though I couldn't bring myself to say it out loud, I did think the Rangers were going to win in six, mostly on the strength of Lundqvist), there isn't anything that would shock me. I think the only thing that could was if the Devils got blown out in Games 6 and 7, '01 Avalanche style. But I am feeling good about tonight...I have a feeling the Devils are going to find a way...I think it will be tense, and I think there will be a clear "Whew!" feeling when it's all over, but they'll get it done. God I hope...

In all honesty, at this point, nothing will surprise me either. I wouldn't be surprised if the Rangers win tonight and Sunday by scores along the lines of 5-0, 6-0 or if they win two 3OT games, or if the Devils win tonight in a romp or a close one or if the Rangers win tonight and the Devils sunday. Right now, just want to get to Sunday.

Was anyone listening to the radio feed from Matt and Sherry?

After the EN goal, and with the final few seconds on the clock, Sherry mentioned there was a fairly significant fight in the stands. Did anyone there see or hear about that?

Seemed like something happened up in section 408-409. I was across the arena in 420, so it was hard to tell. Did see a Devils fan at the bottom of the section, and then a few people fall down a few rows. Seemed like it ended quickly. I had a devils fan behind me who is lucky he didnt get slapped around after the empty-netter. He started leaving and talking $h!t, and a few people got in his face and he quickly shut up. Not sure if anything happened once he left the seating area. Outside (across from where Cosby's used to be) I saw 2 devils fans high-fiving. One guy probably 22-26, and another kid 15-17. Some Rangers chick Rangers fan (she was hot, I will give her that), walked right into them and smacked their arms and said something. The younger fans dad then started going after the girl (stupid, very stupid). The girl was actually asking for it, and is lucky she didn't get Snookied. I just kept walking, I noticed a few cops about 15 feet away, so doubt anything happened. Other than that, crowd seemed well behaved, at least while the game was going on. Very few Devils fans, fewest I have seen in over 10 years.

And, what does that have to do with the price of tea in China? Oh, you were trying to make a funny? HA HA HA. You from North Carolina? Don't you have some moonshine to make or a sister you should be servicing?

Classy post. Quite low class. Totally unwarranted. :rolleyes:

Matteu this is the first time I've really commented directly towards you because I've had more respect for you up until this point. I'm sick of reading through threads on a devils message board an having to scoll through piles of quadruple-post garbage. You're a troll plain and simple, classless, and really living up to the image of a true rags fan. You're a cockroach; dirty, and everywhere no one wants you to be. except my ignore list, youll be there now. enjoy jerking it to your '94 VHS.

Ya, but that's wikipedia, it owuldn'tbe the first thing they've had wrong. The definition of leading is first.

I would argue their skate position thing is broad enough either. If you have one foot in the zone and one foot in the air then you're also offsides, even though both skates aren't fully in the attacking zone.

Definitely bad wording, they're using leading to mean the opposite of it's definition. :lol:

If you think of it meaning the edge leading into the offensive zone, it makes sense. They should change the wording to get rid of such a relative term. Hell, the USA Hockey rulebook considers the "outer" edge of the blueline to be the one closest to the attacking zone, which is the opposite of Fraser. However the USA Hockey rulebook is explicit in the Rink section, so this doesn't matter: "The zone line shall be considered part of the zone that the puck is in."

This whole thing reminds me of a constant road trip debate in my family... which lane is the inside lane and which is the outside lane?

alright boys, bring it tonight. play tough, expect anything, and play the best game you can. play aggressive and smart. step on their throats, we need to end the series tonight.

i got my Brodeur jersey on, and im leaving for work in downtown philly. i wont be able to watch it but thatll be all i can think about

LGD!!!! :cheers: :cheers:

alright boys, bring it tonight. play tough, expect anything, and play the best game you can. play aggressive and smart. step on their throats, we need to end the series tonight.

i got my Brodeur jersey on, and im leaving for work in downtown philly. i wont be able to watch it but thatll be all i can think about

LGD!!!!

:cheers: :cheers:

Edited by Onddeck