535 replies to this topic

#161 Devs3cups

Devs3cups

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 08:27 PM

If we get out of the 2nd with a lead then I think we win the game and probably the series.... But this is killing me. That ricochet around Marty was silly crazy lucky.

You're right, devils are USUALLY, pretty good at keeping a lead in the 3rd.

n2eg.jpg 

"BELIEVE in our team. We've had difficult momments as a fanbase, but we will get out of it"

#162 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,505 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 08:27 PM

If we get out of the 2nd with a lead then I think we win the game and probably the series.... But this is killing me. That ricochet around Marty was silly crazy lucky.

Not unless we get a fourth goal. I think IF we get the fourth goal the game will stabilize again, but if it gets to 3-3, forget it.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#163 davieboynj

davieboynj

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 73 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 08:28 PM

Harrold sucks.

disagree. he's been solid.

Edited by davieboynj, 23 May 2012 - 08:29 PM.

Hedberg: "...You never know what you’re going to get. The grass isn’t always greener on the other side. That’s all I can say. I know this is a very, very good place to be. I’ve been to a few places and I can say this is a very good one.

#164 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,288 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 08:36 PM

Ignoring the score completely. This is one of the worst games the Devils have played all year. Rangers taking it to them.

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#165 Devlin

Devlin

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 583 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 08:37 PM

Were playing to protect a lead, we can't...we ned to keep the legs moving forward and win the battles along the boards.

Sent from my SCH-I800 using Tapatalk 2

#166 slasher72

slasher72

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 08:37 PM

Devils...MUST...I repeat.....MUST... score another goal in this period. It would be disgusting to let them tie this game up. F that. We need to go up 4-2 and put the nail into the coffin.

C'mon... 4-2.....4-2... who's with me?? c'mon muthauckers!!!!

#167 njdevils783

njdevils783

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,083 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 08:38 PM

Time to score on this PP and kill the momentum
Posted Image

#168 Kovy138

Kovy138

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 401 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 08:46 PM

very lucky to get out of that period with a lead. they gotta come out fvcking FLYING in the 3rd.
LET'S GO DEVILS

#169 Devs3cups

Devs3cups

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 08:46 PM

Keep it simple, score a goal early in the 3rd, and we're in business.

n2eg.jpg 

"BELIEVE in our team. We've had difficult momments as a fanbase, but we will get out of it"

#170 njdevils783

njdevils783

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,083 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 08:47 PM

4th line is just dominant tonight lol , parise has looked awful
Posted Image

#171 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,505 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 08:47 PM

Well clearly this is the game Marty's going to have to win in the series...not a 1-0 or 2-1 game as we were saying earlier. Marty's about the only one that looks poised out there, well him and Zubrus. Our offensive 'stars' don't even look like they're alive. Our fourth line's had our best chances, but they also got hemmed in the zone by the Rangers' fourth line early in the second.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

#172 davieboynj

davieboynj

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 73 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 08:48 PM

wait a second...

i'm supposed to have no fingernails left at the end of the third period.
Hedberg: "...You never know what you’re going to get. The grass isn’t always greener on the other side. That’s all I can say. I know this is a very, very good place to be. I’ve been to a few places and I can say this is a very good one.

#173 AEWHistory

AEWHistory

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 322 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 08:49 PM

Well, everyone here has been asking why we never win a game when we have been dominated, outworked, or outshot. Tonight might be one of those rare times when the Devs only play part of one period and still win..... Keeping my fingers crossed at the end of two.

Now let's see if anything says I've brought bad juju tonight. What is juju anyway? Is it some dude named Ju's twin? And why is the twin so bad? Is he an evil twin or something?
Aaron / AEWHistory --- Rockies/Devils fan since 1981!

Trenton Makes and the World Takes..... Or.... Trenton Uses What the World Refuses

#174 davieboynj

davieboynj

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 73 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 08:50 PM

He's been one of the worst devils on the ice tonight; uncharacteristically indecisive.

4th line is just dominant tonight lol , parise has looked awful

#175 smokinscurvy

smokinscurvy

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 08:55 PM

Well clearly this is the game Marty's going to have to win in the series...not a 1-0 or 2-1 game as we were saying earlier. Marty's about the only one that looks poised out there, well him and Zubrus. Our offensive 'stars' don't even look like they're alive. Our fourth line's had our best chances, but they also got hemmed in the zone by the Rangers' fourth line early in the second.

This is true - they definitely became complacent after the 3-0 outburst. I'm nervous as hell for this 3rd period :evilcry:
I know the pieces fit

#176 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,505 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 08:58 PM

Well, everyone here has been asking why we never win a game when we have been dominated, outworked, or outshot. Tonight might be one of those rare times when the Devs only play part of one period and still win..... Keeping my fingers crossed at the end of two.

They'd better or I'll be convinced more than ever it's the Rangers' year. After four games, I was wondering how they ever got to the Conference Finals. After two periods tonight, I'm wondering how we ever got there.

#177 slasher72

slasher72

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 08:59 PM

Dear Devils,

Ever since 1994, I've wanted revenge on the Rangers. For 18 long years, we've had to endure video that grinning dooshbucket Messier lifting the Cup along with all the dirty hits he laid on our former players over the years, then we've had to endure that other dikhead Avery, and them knocking us out of the playoffs a few years ago in our new building, not to mention the constant jeering of their loudmouth a-hole arrogant fans throughout the years. Please Devils...please win this game.. bring the series back to NJ up 3-2 and advance to the Stanley Cup Finals one last time for Marty and win it all. But... it all starts by winning this game.

C'mon boys! hang tough.. shut them out this third period and drive the nail into their coffin on Friday night in front of thousands of die-hard and joyful Devils fans.

Thank you.

Edited by slasher72, 23 May 2012 - 09:01 PM.

#178 Devs3cups

Devs3cups

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 08:59 PM

Keep the faith!!
GO DEVILS!!
We got this.. At least, I hope..

n2eg.jpg 

#179 Cirkus

Cirkus

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 88 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 09:02 PM

I agree, I feel like this one is up to Marty to win. Never would've thought it earlier but here we are. And yes, the 4th line is our best. Weird. Maybe they can get us another goal. I really hope so. Lets win this!

#180 volchenkov28

volchenkov28

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 598 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 09:02 PM

This is so unreal. They need to come out hard and get back to how they played in the 1st. Just get another goal and play smart screw the refs and bring the series back to the rock 3-2

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?ck1evg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users