27 replies to this topic

#21 DevilNurn

DevilNurn

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,130 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 12:05 AM

It's like Adam Henrique said when they asked him about it: "I was 4." These are not the 94' Devils, and these are not the 94' Rangers.

Henrique is awesome! Kinda freaking me out that we're the same age.

#22 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,877 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 12:33 AM

i hope we win tomorrow cause jesus christ they are gonna come even harder on the Devils with that damn 94 thing if there's a game 7

www.SterioDesign.com

#23 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,401 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 06:11 AM

At least Torts didn't want to ackowledge it either. PDB had the best line...'It was so long ago, I had hair back then, it's not relevant to what we're doing today'
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#24 peteyvegas

peteyvegas

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 07:31 AM

Hell with the media. I worry about being up 3-2. It's been bad luck.

#25 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,684 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 07:47 AM

Get used to it, guys. He's not the only one who'll be writing on it.

Frankly, I'm taking bets on who the first is to try to get Callahan to "guarantee" a win. My money's on Fischler.

If I was Larry Brooks I would have asked Torts to guarantee a win in game 6 if for no other reason then to piss off and bait Torts into a tirade :evil:
Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

#26 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,499 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 07:53 AM

If I was Larry Brooks I would have asked Torts to guarantee a win in game 6 if for no other reason then to piss off and bait Torts into a tirade :evil:

All Brooks has to do piss off Torts is stand within 10 feet of him. And when you see video of Brooks it's not hard to see why.
THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#27 njdevil26

njdevil26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,336 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 08:21 AM

My god please leave our players alone with this nonsense. Ridiculous.

#28 David Puddy

David Puddy

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,314 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 05:29 PM

It's stupid. No one on the team experienced that in any emotional way except Marty. They're not going to be mad about it or looking for revenge like the fans are. It's not going to affect them.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users