401 replies to this topic

#321 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,736 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 01:05 AM

Also don't know if this was said in here but this was actually the first time we won a series at the Rock and what a way to do it! Especially with the ways we have had series end in the Rock since it's been open. We finally got to truly break in the building tonight.

#322 HellOnICE

HellOnICE

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,570 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 01:06 AM

Pat Burns.

I'm teary eyed.

What a night.

So proud to be a Devils fan.

Holik on Hockey in the morning. Holik was just a big a fan of the red and black tonight too.

#323 Onddeck

Onddeck

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,647 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 01:06 AM

I'm 3_0 bitches, nobody touch game 1

By all means

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

#324 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 22,642 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 01:11 AM

Also don't know if this was said in here but this was actually the first time we won a series at the Rock and what a way to do it! Especially with the ways we have had series end in the Rock since it's been open. We finally got to truly break in the building tonight.

I almost forgot about that cause we've had so many good moments in this building during this playoff run already. 6-2 record at home so far, the OT wins in Game 6 against Florida and Game 3 against Philly...but yeah, tonight showed how much of a home-ice advantage Newark's really become now.

Even when the game got tied, fans were still encouraging each other in the hallways during the second intermission and the buzz was still there even as the Devils made bizarre play after bizarre play that drove me up a wall (Zidlicky almost drove me to the loony bin for good during the third period giving up that breakway). There really never has been a singular moment like that at home, at least not one that I've been to. 2003 Game 7 was a party throughout but it was just sorta something that builded and builded over time. This exploded all at once.

Edited by NJDevs4978, 26 May 2012 - 01:12 AM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#325 mort4345

mort4345

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 01:15 AM

I think he may have had a tear in his eye . . . . but then again WHO CARES about pierre the one trick one way pony

GREAT DEVILS WIN, an honor to be in the bldg and celebrate with all the fans :)

Overall, I'm exhausted. However, if you'd asked me whether the Devils would be in the Stanley Cup playoffs at the beginning of this playoff ordeal I'm not sure I'd be able to say "yes," with a straight face. Yes, we're playing with house money at this point. And, we beat the Flyers and the Rangers to advance - and I'm not sure it gets any better than that. And to hear Barry Melrose tell us that the "Flyers should be licking their chops" heading into the Devils series and further, to have Melrose enlighten us with the wisdom that the "King" is just too good and that he'll be the primary difference in the EC finals series was icing on the cake for me. And, lo' and behold, Melrose is picking the Kings in 6. Awesome. The Devils may not win the Stanley Cup but I'm not sure I've ever been this proud of a Devils team before.

And how about the irony of Kovy and the Kings/Devils Stanley Cup finals ... you almost can't make that up.

#326 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,736 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 01:30 AM

Also it looked like Torts didn't get in the handshake line, can't say im surprised. So happy to shut his smug Hans mug up.

#327 thelastonealive

thelastonealive

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,886 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 01:40 AM

Shot from my seat in 116. I've got a few more videos coming eventually from the concourses while leaving the arena, but I gotta get to bed now. Enjoy.

Edit: Can't explain why it's showing up as my media class final project, so here's a direct link rather than an embed:

NJ Devils Eastern Conference Champions

Edited by thelastonealive, 26 May 2012 - 01:48 AM.

Proud recipient of the 2011-'12 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster, the  2007-'08, 2008-'09, and 2009-'10 Lady Byng Award for Nicest Poster, 

the 2008-'09 Bobby Holik Award for Funniest Poster, and the 2009-'10 NJDevs.com Stanley Cup for Best Overall Poster.
2009 NJDevs.com Survival League Football Champion

#328 RunninWithTheDevil

RunninWithTheDevil

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,267 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 01:45 AM

we did it boys

"THREW ONE IN FRONT IT’S BLOCKED THERE, SCRAMBLE FOR IT THERE THEY POKE AWAY AT IT, STILL ITS LOOSE, POKED AT BY KOVALCHUK-
THEY SCOOOOOOOOOREEEEEEE!!!!! HENRIQUE!! ITS OVER!!”

Winner of the 2010 UDX Signature Award

#329 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,148 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 01:54 AM

Shot from my seat in 116. I've got a few more videos coming eventually from the concourses while leaving the arena, but I gotta get to bed now. Enjoy.

Edit: Can't explain why it's showing up as my media class final project, so here's a direct link rather than an embed:

It worked for me the first time I clicked ur link. Nice shot.

gallery_47_36_882.png of No One
Proud to be King of the Kovalnuts (Est. June 2010 by MantaRay)

#330 devlman

devlman

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,816 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 03:14 AM

this is the biggest thing in my life right now. fvck work, fvck bills, fvck everything else. this is the happiest i've been in about 10 years (go figure).. i love this team, and i love this board. on to the cup finals, man.. it feels like its been so much longer since we've been here. i really don't know what else to say.. im just gonna keep celebrating this tonight and hopefully have something more meaningful to say tomorrow.

:cheers: :cheers:

#331 franconianhell

franconianhell

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 136 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 06:14 AM

Here is a song that is played in germany when a series ends, something to "say goodbye" to the other team:

I'll translate the chorus:

And then we say, goodbye, (Darum sagen wir, Auf wiedersehen!)

the time with you was beautiful, (Die Zeit mit euch, war Wunderschön!)

but it's better to leave now, we don't want to see tears, (Es ist wohl besser jetzt zu geh'n, wir können keine Tränen seh'n,)

happy holidays and goodbye! (Schönen Gruß, und Auf Wiedersehen!)

It's just amazing. Last year, it seemed so far away, and now it's so close!
Posted Image

Devils Fan
in overseas!

#332 EdgeControl

EdgeControl

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,277 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 07:21 AM

Here is a song that is played in germany when a series ends, something to "say goodbye" to the other team:

but it's better to leave now, we don't want to see tears, (Es ist wohl besser jetzt zu geh'n, wir können keine Tränen seh'n,)

Best words of the night!!!! Buh Bye!!!!!! :razz:

#333 Aitchmack

Aitchmack

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 07:24 AM

I wonder what Rupp was saying to Broduer in the handshake line? "Sorry about the punch. I thought it was Janssen. You guys all look the same to me"
"I was just trying to clean my visor and my hand slipped". "Torts made me do it".

Amazing game, amazing atmosphere (and that was just from watching it on the internet). Bring on the Kings!!

#334 HOLLYWOOD

HOLLYWOOD

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 498 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 07:30 AM

On Fleabay

Posted Image

http://www.ebay.com/...=item43b0294c4a

#335 mikepeluso8

mikepeluso8

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 386 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 08:11 AM

I will eat crow and GLADLY.

I underestimated the fortitude of this team and I am happy I was 100% wrong.

Cheers, we are going to the Cup!
DIE HARD DEVILS FAN SINCE '90

#336 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,339 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 08:32 AM

I'm here for the party

#337 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 22,642 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 08:39 AM

I'm going on barely four hours of sleep...I want to watch the postgame and other stuff (taped all of it) but all I can listen to is Doc's final call. Even more than the stuff at the arena, that's what got me the closest to tears.

I kind of want to get an Eastern Conference t-shirt but the last time I got a non-Cup t-shirt (after winning the division in 2006) it didn't turn out so well after that. This run will be forever remembered whatever may come in the Finals though.

Edited by NJDevs4978, 26 May 2012 - 08:42 AM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#338 DobaMB30

DobaMB30

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 58 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 08:54 AM

just love watching these fan made videos.. just gets me all pumped up.. keep them coming
Posted Image

#339 EdgeControl

EdgeControl

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,277 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 09:12 AM

How satisfied is petey right now?!?! beating fla, the cheap shot flyers and the arrogant rags. i think we should keep deboer next year! :lol:

but for now, how do we make zids and harrold bigger, taller and heavier in 5 days???

#340 95Crash

95Crash

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,870 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 09:13 AM

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=WUOPh_i8E9Q

Hey, that is a nice song! That would be cool if the Devils added it to their playlist, haha. I could imagine walking out of the arena while that song is blasting through the speakers, sort of like a last song of the night.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users