401 replies to this topic

#61 NJDevils1214

NJDevils1214

All-Star

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,031 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 01:23 PM

LGD. I don't expect the Queen to play another bad game tonight so be sharp Devils. GET IT DONE! :gd: :gd: :gd: :gd:

815631765.gif

#62 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,469 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 01:25 PM

I get what you're saying, but I don't buy it. And I don't buy it when the Devs are on the losing end of the deal, either. You don't get any points for puck possession, good passing, hard hits, or even general competitiveness, unless those things translate into goals scored. They often do, of course, but sometimes they don't. Looked at in another way: If the Devils' 5 goals had been spaced evenly throughout the game, nobody would be having this conversation.

I would have still said the Devils stole last game, even of the Devils goals were evenly spread out.

I forget who said it but there was a quote along the lines of "you can't control the outcome of a game, you can only control the process". Meaning all you can do is play your best and sometimes you get wildly lucky or unlucky, but you can still play your best.

Last game the Devils need not play their best. The Rangers owned the "process" of the game and the Devils were lucky to win.
Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

Sex Panther cologne -- 50 percent of the time, it works every time.

-Anchorman

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

-Anonymous

Keeper of Section 212-213's wayward step

#63 95Crash

95Crash

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,950 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 01:25 PM

OK boys, Game 6 tonight. The Ran-jahs, on the brink of elimination, are going to play desperate. Be firm. Hold your ground at all times. When the opportunity presents itself, be ready to pounce. Don't be afraid to go for the jugular. ... Fight hard. Fight strong. Win.

GO DEVILS!

#64 franconianhell

franconianhell

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 136 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 01:43 PM

This is our building, these are our fans, this is the way we play!

Let's go Devils!
Posted Image

Devils Fan
in overseas!

#65 Mayday

Mayday

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 837 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 02:16 PM

this is jersey not new york. im am prepared to make that known tonight. kill em devils. lets go. lets do this. finish them off. :burn:

#66 nick17112

nick17112

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 414 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 02:18 PM

Let's go Devils

Go Parise - Love you

:dance:

Never stop Believing
Zach Parise - Gone but not forgotten!!!!!

#67 Onddeck

Onddeck

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,862 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 02:18 PM

alright boys, bring it tonight. play tough, expect anything, and play the best game you can. play aggressive and smart. step on their throats, we need to end the series tonight.

i got my Brodeur jersey on, and im leaving for work in downtown philly. i wont be able to watch it but thatll be all i can think about

LGD!!!! :cheers: :cheers:

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

#68 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,399 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 02:30 PM

Win. Nothing Else.

gallery_47_36_882.png of No One
Proud to be King of the Kovalnuts (Est. June 2010 by MantaRay)

#69 volchenkov28

volchenkov28

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 576 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 02:44 PM

LGD!! Let's make this the last time we r gonna see these rags until next season. Forecheck Forecheck Forecheck!!!! Let's beat these punks

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?zjikp2

#70 Devils Pride 26

Devils Pride 26

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,981 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 02:46 PM

LETS GO DEVILS! Just one more win.

#71 nyrsuck26

nyrsuck26

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,553 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 02:49 PM

Please win, please win. I'm so scared of game 7. :pray:

Hopefully another big game from the Fantastic Fourth (line)!!
Posted ImagePosted Image

#72 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,399 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 02:51 PM

Anybody else notice that since the start of this series Kovy has become a complete d!ck in interviews? New York media maybe?

Edited by ben00rs, 25 May 2012 - 02:51 PM.

gallery_47_36_882.png of No One
Proud to be King of the Kovalnuts (Est. June 2010 by MantaRay)

#73 MDPucks

MDPucks

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,415 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 02:57 PM

FINISH THEM!

#74 Unknown Soul

Unknown Soul

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 03:02 PM

come on boys just win!!!! :gd: :gd: :gd: :gd: :gd: :gd: :gd:

#75 gata

gata

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 129 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 03:10 PM

Devils fans at the rock tonight chant «no more 94»

I love this idea.

NO MORE 94"

LET's GO DEVILS !

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#76 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,990 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 03:16 PM

I'm all for the 'no more '94' chant too but would rather wait till it becomes a fact (i.e. if we have the game in the bag tonight) to chant it. God help us if the Rangers do win, it'll be like the media willed it to continue the storyline.

I have a question. How come when we outplayed the RanJuhs and lost a game we never hear any, 'the Rangers didn't deserve to win that game"? These announcers/sportswriters need to get some new material.

I think you already know the answer to that one :lol:

Edited by NJDevs4978, 25 May 2012 - 03:17 PM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#77 bobilly45

bobilly45

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 551 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 03:17 PM

just got home and went on nhl.com. the whole front page is all about 1994

#78 Troy from NJ

Troy from NJ

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 746 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 03:22 PM

I'll never forget losing to the Rangers the last playoff series. Lundqvist being interviewed....Rangers saluting their fans....and Henrik mocking, saying it's like a home game. That was IN OUR house.

Tonight, all family business will be taken care of. The ghosts of Mark Messier and Stephane Matteau will be exorcised. That sh*t eating grin on the Queen's face will be forever wiped. The trembling handshake of Tortorella as the veins in his forehead visibly throb while the crowd chants "We Want The Cup". The dejected New York Rangers, and their mutant following who ventured into the Rock watching feebly as Zach Parise takes pictures with the Wales Trophy. All while those blue clad fans in the stands are tormented on their way out of our building, pondering the lost season, false hope and long summer that awaits them.

That's what I see. That's what I know.

BRING THIS F*CKER HOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO DEVILS!
"What's the difference between a catfish and Rangers Fan?
One is a low life bottom feeder that lives on the feces of others. The other is a fish"

Official Keeper of THE BUD LIGHT GOAL BAR
Posted Image

#79 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,671 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 03:26 PM

I'll never forget losing to the Rangers the last playoff series. Lundqvist being interviewed....Rangers saluting their fans....and Henrik mocking, saying it's like a home game. That was IN OUR house.

Tonight, all family business will be taken care of. The ghosts of Mark Messier and Stephane Matteau will be exorcised. That sh*t eating grin on the Queen's face will be forever wiped. The trembling handshake of Tortorella as the veins in his forehead visibly throb while the crowd chants "We Want The Cup". The dejected New York Rangers, and their mutant following who ventured into the Rock watching feebly as Zach Parise takes pictures with the Wales Trophy. All while those blue clad fans in the stands are tormented on their way out of our building, pondering the lost season, false hope and long summer that awaits them.

That's what I see. That's what I know.

BRING THIS F*CKER HOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO DEVILS!

This is honestly the most beautiful way I've seen it put. I'm hoping we get to see it. My jersey and tickets are in the car and waiting patiently!!
Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#80 RunninWithTheDevil

RunninWithTheDevil

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,278 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 03:29 PM

hoping to hear this tonight

Winner of the 2010 UDX Signature Award

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users