42 replies to this topic

#41 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,245 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 04:00 PM

Not to mention the Devils basically came within one game of winning it in '94, it wasn't as if they were some fluke team that came out of nowhere and fell off the face of the earth after.

I've mentioned this before, but what was weird about that '93-'96 stretch:

'93-'94: Devils take huge step forward, establish themselves as an elite team
'95 regular season: Devils play like '96 team
'95 playoffs: Devils play like '94 team
'96 regular season: Devils start off strong, then look like the '95 regular season team for most of the rest of the year.

Despite winning a Cup and getting to within one game of getting to a SC Final, that team was a bit Jeckyl and Hyde for those few years.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976, 25 May 2012 - 04:01 PM.

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#42 Steven M.

Steven M.

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,011 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 04:04 PM

Why anyone bothers listening to WFAN is still something I'll never understand.

I'm not even going to read the rest of the thread, cause I'm pretty certain you just won it.

#43 point

point

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,692 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 04:54 PM

Ranger fan "About that parade thing, the Devils can take their 100 fans and have it in Newark or the Meadowlands or in Manasquan..."

Manasquan! Right in front of my office on Old Squan Plaza!
2 C6H12O6 > 2 C2H5OH + 2CO2

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users