• Please log in to reply
198 replies to this topic

#121 Kovalchukforlife17

Kovalchukforlife17

Draft Pick

• Pond Hockey
  • 6 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 12:14 PM

I got the presale code today, could have gotten upperdeck seating for game 5 but it's just way too far out of my price range....I'm just going to hope somebody gets really desperate and sells very low on the secondary market

#122 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,007 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 12:19 PM

Game 1 tickets on StubHub in the $280 range. I really wish I could jump on that. :argh: :argh: :argh:

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl

My New Jersey Devils Prospect Blog
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#123 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,314 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 12:21 PM

Game 1 tickets on StubHub in the $280 range. I really wish I could jump on that. :argh: :argh: :argh:

Wait till Wednesday, I won't be surprised to see them below $200!

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

#124 lucifer91

lucifer91

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 854 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 12:28 PM

Just got tickets for games 1 and 2 at the pre-sale and a dirt cheap United flight from Munich to Newark and back. I am so happy... a once in a lifetime chance to see the Devils in the Stanley Cup Finals. Sure the tickets are expensive, but compared to the Champions League Final last week they are unbelievably cheap. Guys, if you can afford it, BUY. Who knows if you will ever get the chance again.

GO DEVILS!

Are you staying just for the game or for a couple days? I dont live close but im sure you can stay with some other fans to save some cash
Posted Image

#125 GoArmySports

GoArmySports

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,065 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 12:31 PM

I look at it this way...

Someday (hopefully far away) I'll be dead. If I get the opportunity to contemplate my life before I go, will I say to myself, "I'm so glad I saved the extra 600 dollars because that 600 made such a huge difference in my life and I'm glad to have saved it and used it elsewhere? or .....Am I going to say to myself, "Wow, I got to see my favorite team play in the Stanley Cup Finals and I'm now a part of history?"

I know which one I'm going for. This opportunity doesn't come around often, and when it does you need to jump on it. What are some of your 'breaking points' on tickets? Would you pay 180 per ticket? Probably that sounds about right, but now those same tickets are 320 and most of you balk. Sure it's a bit more money, but honestly 140 dollars more per ticket for a chance of a lifetime. I'd rather have the memory and the experience than the extra $140. That's just my 2 cents.

I'll scrimp and save during the year a bit more to justify the additional cost and I'll be happier for it. To be a part of this magical run, weather it ends in victory or defeat, is something I will treasure. The Game 6 memory I have alone will live with me for forever. Imagine if we get to see a championship in our building? I will not miss it.

Scoops

I agree with this 100%. My uncle keeps telling me to sell my tickets since I can make a few bucks and I won't do it simply because I've been waiting for this moment to come!

#126 Dadds

Dadds

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 991 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 12:39 PM

TICKETS!!!! im going to game 5 :yea:

Edited by Dadds, 28 May 2012 - 12:40 PM.

"I think I'm going to become a Devils fan so they start never winning again." A sad flyers fan

"**** this. NJ might as well be allowed to build a brick wall in front of the net and let Marty sit on the bench. Would be no difference" A sad penguins fan

#127 mikeford

mikeford

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,018 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 02:16 PM

Copped 2 tix for Game 5. Section 215. $315 each ( :ECW: )

If none of my broke ass idiot friends will man up and take the other one, I shall offer it for face value (well, the Devils warped perception of face value I guess) to members of the board.

#128 njdevils783

njdevils783

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,083 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 02:51 PM

Geez I've gone to 1-2 games the past 4 times the Devils have made it to the finals, sure we had partial season tickets at CAA, but now wow. I offically feel poor, $1,300 for a ticket in lower level from the devils???? mother of god, stupid inflation lol
Posted Image

#129 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,314 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 03:36 PM

Geez I've gone to 1-2 games the past 4 times the Devils have made it to the finals, sure we had partial season tickets at CAA, but now wow. I offically feel poor, $1,300 for a ticket in lower level from the devils???? mother of god, stupid inflation lol

But it's all you can eat arena food in the CLUB seats! :rolleyes:

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

#130 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,727 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 07:09 PM

I couldn't get any tickets in the upper level as soon as the presale started and couldn't get any again today at 1:00. It's as if they were never actually for sale. I don't get it, where did all the tickets go? Could they really have sold out that quickly at those prices?

Edited by devilsfan26, 28 May 2012 - 07:09 PM.

"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#131 Mayday

Mayday

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 833 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 07:11 PM

In Game 6 there was a family of like 8 Ranger fans behind us (5 little kids who weren't even watching) and the prices for those seats were $250+. The price for all of them going was probably ridiculous.

#132 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,424 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 07:21 PM

Got one in 102 row 3 for $230. A little over budget but not awful, still have budget for Game 2 and that's all that matters.

#133 HellOnICE

HellOnICE

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,570 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 07:52 PM

Have one for sale upper level for game 1, let me know if there's an offer to be made. I don't think I'll able to get face, so I'm willing to come down.

#134 Onddeck

Onddeck

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,647 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 09:15 PM

Got one in 102 row 3 for $230. A little over budget but not awful, still have budget for Game 2 and that's all that matters.

How'd u get that?

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

#135 Jimmy Leeds

Jimmy Leeds

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,338 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 09:53 PM

I look at it this way...

Someday (hopefully far away) I'll be dead. If I get the opportunity to contemplate my life before I go, will I say to myself, "I'm so glad I saved the extra 600 dollars because that 600 made such a huge difference in my life and I'm glad to have saved it and used it elsewhere? or .....Am I going to say to myself, "Wow, I got to see my favorite team play in the Stanley Cup Finals and I'm now a part of history?"

I know which one I'm going for. This opportunity doesn't come around often, and when it does you need to jump on it. What are some of your 'breaking points' on tickets? Would you pay 180 per ticket? Probably that sounds about right, but now those same tickets are 320 and most of you balk. Sure it's a bit more money, but honestly 140 dollars more per ticket for a chance of a lifetime. I'd rather have the memory and the experience than the extra $140. That's just my 2 cents.

I'll scrimp and save during the year a bit more to justify the additional cost and I'll be happier for it. To be a part of this magical run, weather it ends in victory or defeat, is something I will treasure. The Game 6 memory I have alone will live with me for forever. Imagine if we get to see a championship in our building? I will not miss it.

Scoops

Totally understandable.

In 1995 I put an ad in the Philly Enquirer looking for Devils SCF tix, because a lot of people from Philly bought the ECF tix and at the time, you had to buy 2 rounds of tix. So I figured try the Philly papers (classified ads) for someone who didn't want to go see their hated Devs in the finals in Jersey.............lo and behold, I guy from near me in Jersey called and said he wanted to go to a game so he went to Game 3, and sold me face value Games 4 & 6. (He refunded my Game 6 price.........I gave him a PBA Card).

2003 I hooked up David Puddy with a face value ticket for the SCF Game 5, and he got on line for Game 7 at like 6 am and I got there that night and we got in before the start of the 2nd period, about $100.

So I have been to both home wins and would love to go again, but cannot justify that kind of scratch for my own situation. Though my youngest son wants to kill me...........
I DRINK LOU-AID
Posted Image

Posted Image

Kill Mumia

#136 squishyx

squishyx

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,238 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 10:06 PM

Wait till Wednesday, I won't be surprised to see them below $200!

Prices have already been falling, last night on stub cheapest was 280 and there were only a few listed under 300, now I see tons for under 280 with the cheapest at 265.

Edited by squishyx, 28 May 2012 - 10:07 PM.

#137 section 110

section 110

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 938 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 10:17 PM

I'm offering 2 tickets for game 1 in the marketplace section 123 row 10. Seats are on the aisle. Just asking face value, $560 for the pair. PM me. Thanks

Edited by section 110, 28 May 2012 - 10:28 PM.

Posted Image

Official NJDevs.com keeper of....CAA's Section 110 (for the first 25 years) and The Rock's Section 5 22 (for the next 25 years and beyond)

#138 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,424 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 10:48 PM

How'd u get that?

Ticketexchange. The factor the fees into the cost so $230 on Ticketexchange is around $200 on Stubhub. Some people got jumpy around 8PM. Dunno if their sales were coming off or not. Feel like I overpaid, but don't feel like I was violated. Good enough.

#139 adamcsu

adamcsu

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 11:34 PM

I have bled black and red since I was born and living in nj with my parents. I have lived in colorado for 15 years, but the devils are still my #1 team of any sport. While I rarely post, I am on these forums almost daily and watch nearly every game. I needed to post tonight to share my excitement.

I AM GOING TO GAME 2!!!!!!!!

I always go when they play the avs, but haven't been to a home game since the move to newark. I honestly don't think I've ever been so excited in my life (besides getting married, of course :)

If anyone has an idea of a good place to go before the game, please let me know.

I'm so excited to be there with you all on saturday!

#140 Onddeck

Onddeck

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,647 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 11:46 PM

I have bled black and red since I was born and living in nj with my parents. I have lived in colorado for 15 years, but the devils are still my #1 team of any sport. While I rarely post, I am on these forums almost daily and watch nearly every game. I needed to post tonight to share my excitement.

I AM GOING TO GAME 2!!!!!!!!

I always go when they play the avs, but haven't been to a home game since the move to newark. I honestly don't think I've ever been so excited in my life (besides getting married, of course :)

If anyone has an idea of a good place to go before the game, please let me know.

I'm so excited to be there with you all on saturday!

hell ya i grew up in colorado, what part do u live in?

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users