198 replies to this topic

#141 adamcsu

adamcsu

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 11:53 PM

hell ya i grew up in colorado, what part do u live in?

I live in the dtc just south of denver

#142 Onddeck

Onddeck

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,826 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 11:54 PM

I live in the dtc just south of denver

o right on i lived in Durango (SW CO) for my first 18 years, if you know where that is

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

#143 adamcsu

adamcsu

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 11:58 PM

o right on i lived in Durango (SW CO) for my first 18 years, if you know where that is

For sure. I'm so excited to be coming out this weekend!

#144 Onddeck

Onddeck

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,826 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 11:58 PM

For sure. I'm so excited to be coming out this weekend!

hell ya, im still trying to get tix to game 1 and then hopefully i can share your excitement!!!

#145 Scoopscj

Scoopscj

Rookie Devil

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 12:27 AM

If you are a die hard fan, you need to find a way to get to one of these games if not all of them. You must. This opportunity doesn't come often and life is about building memories and enjoying each day. We don't live lives to work or to do things we hate. This is the time to make that leap. Go for it!

Scoops

#146 adamcsu

adamcsu

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 12:44 AM

If you are a die hard fan, you need to find a way to get to one of these games if not all of them. You must. This opportunity doesn't come often and life is about building memories and enjoying each day. We don't live lives to work or to do things we hate. This is the time to make that leap. Go for it!

Scoops

I agree completely. It's costing me way too much to get out there and go, but I couldn't not go. This is why we love sports, for these moments.

#147 munichdevil

munichdevil

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 99 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 02:15 AM

Are you staying just for the game or for a couple days? I dont live close but im sure you can stay with some other fans to save some cash

No, I'll be staying from Wednesday to Sunday for games 1 and 2. I've already booked a hotel in Rahway, very convenient to reach by train. Wasn't too expensive, way cheaper than staying in NYC.

#148 HellOnICE

HellOnICE

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,657 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 02:37 PM

Got 1 ticket in 214, was 275, asking 150. Let me know.

Thanks!

#149 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,350 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 03:09 PM

This ^^^^^

#150 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,165 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 03:17 PM

I'm selling tickets for Saturday's game..

Section 214, row 9, seats 22 + 23 (potentially the aisle but I'm not sure)

Looking to get $275 per ticket which is what I paid.. Message me and we can talk
Posted Image
Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#151 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,393 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 03:22 PM

If anyone wants to win tickets, sign up for Twitter and follow the Devils (@NHLDevils) they're giving away a pair once they hit 82,500. They're about 250 or so followers away from that.

#152 zachattack9

zachattack9

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 03:43 PM

There are a bunch of tickets for Wednesday night going for $200 on stubhub. I wouldn’t be surprised if they drop further.

#153 abripper339

abripper339

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 50 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 04:13 PM

Scoops

sounds to me like you are around 22, 23 years old. we've won 3 cups here, been to the finals 4 times. its not once in a lifetime. for me once in a life time was friday night, beating the rags in ECF, in OT in our building.

i am not paying 600$ for 2 tickets to game 1 and 2. I'll be in the building when the cup is, and thats it.

#154 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,936 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 04:22 PM

sounds to me like you are around 22, 23 years old. we've won 3 cups here, been to the finals 4 times. its not once in a lifetime. for me once in a life time was friday night, beating the rags in ECF, in OT in our building.

i am not paying 600$ for 2 tickets to game 1 and 2. I'll be in the building when the cup is, and thats it.

Tell that to a Leafs fan who's got wrinkles and cataract since the Leafs' last Finals GAME. The other poster's right, you never know when you'll get to see a Finals game. Yes Lou's brought a high standard of success around here but Lou, Marty, etc aren't going to be around forever either.

Pay whatever you want for tickets, I see enough ticket stuff on HF but basically the value of the ticket is whatever people are willing to pay for it. A lot of people were willing to pay presale prices. Those that weren't are getting rewarded for waiting for Game 1. But why pop someone's balloon, god forbid someone enjoy the thought of going to a Finals game without the cynics coming out and laughing about overpaying for it.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#155 Scoopscj

Scoopscj

Rookie Devil

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 05:32 PM

I wish I was 23, I'm really 41 but when they won the cups I was working 2 jobs and going to school and I had no time and a small budget. I could have gone, I wish I did, but that's one of my regrets. After they won in 2003 I put "seeing the Devils play in the SCF again on my bucket list." Tomorrow I can cross that off and if they can somehow earn the cup, it will be a lasting memory I'll never forget.

I regretted not going in 2003 but at least I have another shot now. To see them lift the cup and skate around and enjoy the moment with my fellow fans will be an experience I will not miss.

Scoops

#156 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,127 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 06:21 PM

I wish I was 23, I'm really 41 but when they won the cups I was working 2 jobs and going to school and I had no time and a small budget. I could have gone, I wish I did, but that's one of my regrets. After they won in 2003 I put "seeing the Devils play in the SCF again on my bucket list." Tomorrow I can cross that off and if they can somehow earn the cup, it will be a lasting memory I'll never forget.

I regretted not going in 2003 but at least I have another shot now. To see them lift the cup and skate around and enjoy the moment with my fellow fans will be an experience I will not miss.

Scoops

My only SCF game I've seen in my life(I'm 22) was game 5 in 2000. That was heartbreaking. I want to see them so badly if they have a chance to clinch it, but I'm on an extremely limited budget, i.e. there's more change in my pants pocket than there is money in my bank account. It's tough, I know we're used to competing every year, but as others have said, Marty and Lou won't be here forever and I don't know what this team will look like without them, as they've been there as long as I can remember.

I don't want to be 40-50 and look back saying how I wish I could have seen them win it because we've gone into a decades long Cup drought. On the other hand, I probably only have enough cash for 1 ticket to 1 game and that's every cent I have. It's a hard choice.

#157 abripper339

abripper339

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 50 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 07:27 PM

Maybe I am jaded b.c I have been in the building the 2 times they won the cup. But Friday night was just as unique for me. Waited my entire life to give it to ranger fans like we did last Friday. Hell that win may eclipse all 3 cups for me.

#158 hit the post

hit the post

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 720 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 07:47 PM

Maybe I am jaded b.c I have been in the building the 2 times they won the cup. But Friday night was just as unique for me. Waited my entire life to give it to ranger fans like we did last Friday. Hell that win may eclipse all 3 cups for me.

It sure was sweet wasn't it :cheers:
And The Rags Have How Many Cups--Can't win many with a Farm team.

#159 justintime2989

justintime2989

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 390 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 08:03 PM

ok just bought 2 tixs off of stubhub 180 each for 2 tixs in 232 row 2.

#160 Onddeck

Onddeck

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,826 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 08:49 PM

Yesssssss!! Jut bought a pair myself. 230 row 5 or like $175 each.

Hell yes I'm sooooo pumped!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users