198 replies to this topic

#161 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,663 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 08:58 PM

You can still get tix for game 1 on ticketmaster. In fact, can get two tix in the upper level together.
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#162 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,663 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 09:48 AM

My link

This is a nice link for people still looking for tickets for any of the games. Gives you a good overview of what is available at what price.
Posted Image
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.

#163 oconnellrules

oconnellrules

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 430 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 10:13 AM

wheres a good section to get tix for? im talking like where real loud and rowdy fans sit.

cmon marty

#3 #4 #27 #30 #26

#164 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,663 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 10:34 AM

wheres a good section to get tix for? im talking like where real loud and rowdy fans sit.

I've sat all over during the playoffs, and everywhere I've sat has been rocking. Balconies behind the goals are the most rowdy in my opinion.
Posted Image

#165 Onddeck

Onddeck

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,881 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 11:39 AM

Is there no tailgating in any of the parking lots? Wtf

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

#166 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,178 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 11:45 AM

I do believe open container laws are enforced even in the parking lots. I also doubt NPD would take kindly to grilling with an open flame, lol. This has always been the downside to having an arena in a city.

FYI everybody. I walked past the ticket line at around 11am this morning and there were at most 15-20 people there. It is a Wednesday, so if you're planning on trying to wait for tix for game 2 or 5, which are Saturdays, I would plan to be there by 11 at the latest. If anyone is near the arena now, you still might be able to get in line and get a wristband/tix. I didn't go into the box office to ask what the price was for those seats, but some in line had the impression that they were $119, but they could just be misinformed as others said that was the price for the last round, so I would call the box office phone # and ask if you're tight on cash and want to make sure what it's gonna cost you before you spend a whole day waiting in line.

#167 abripper339

abripper339

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 50 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 11:50 AM

I had asked this earlier in the thread, but what has been the luck of buying tickets at the start of the game off the street sellers? what kind of prices have people been getting?

#168 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,178 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 11:54 AM

I had asked this earlier in the thread, but what has been the luck of buying tickets at the start of the game off the street sellers? what kind of prices have people been getting?

I can't imagine that it'll be cheaper to get tix that way than through stubhub. Unless you catch someone stuck with a ticket after the game starts. There's too many people who have enough money to blow and are going to try to get tix, so they're not gonna want to sell unless they're making a nice profit.

#169 abripper339

abripper339

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 50 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 11:55 AM

well thats what i mean.. waiting to 8 or 815 as the game is starting and ask one of those guys.. surely if its halfway through the first and they have tix in their hand they will sell them cheaper.. no?

#170 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,178 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 11:58 AM

well thats what i mean.. waiting to 8 or 815 as the game is starting and ask one of those guys.. surely if its halfway through the first and they have tix in their hand they will sell them cheaper.. no?

Personally, I can't see any of those guys still being stuck with a ticket that late. Like I said, there's too many people willing to pay money to see these games.

#171 rpaq88

rpaq88

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 11:59 AM

No BBQ for sure but I have seen people hanging out and drinking in just about every parking lot around the arena. I've even walked down Mulberry with a beer in hand once or twice. The NPD has other things to worry about on game night. Just don't act like an idiot to drwa their attention and you should be fine.

#172 abripper339

abripper339

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 50 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 12:13 PM

well thats my game 7 plan...

#173 Onddeck

Onddeck

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,881 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 12:22 PM

Well due to these strict drinking laws i might be forced to pick a sports bar. Any recommendations?

Edited by Onddeck, 30 May 2012 - 12:22 PM.

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

#174 95Crash

95Crash

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,950 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 01:45 PM

A buddy of mine had a hard time getting rid of a single for Game 3 in the last series versus the Rangers. I bet you will be able to get a good deal on a single if you wait that long.

#175 abripper339

abripper339

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 50 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 01:51 PM

yea basically i am not paying 600$ for 2 tix to game 1 or 2.. but if the cup is in the building i'll be trolling that corner with 1k in my pocket for a ticket.. thats my only resort left.

#176 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,397 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 01:54 PM

A buddy of mine had a hard time getting rid of a single for Game 3 in the last series versus the Rangers. I bet you will be able to get a good deal on a single if you wait that long.

Yep I would bet that as well. The same dudes are always out there too. This one tall loudmouth that seems to be the leader, an old guy who just wanders Championship plaza, a black guy, and a fat guy, and they all are working together.

Last season I got a ticket to a Flyers game for $10 at like 7:38 or something, got seated about 6 minutes in. Lower level. Granted, that was last season and regular season, but the prices will plummet once people make their way inside.

Edited by ghdi, 30 May 2012 - 01:55 PM.

#177 FightingMongoose

FightingMongoose

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 03:42 PM

I have yet to go to a game at Prudential Center. I have been away from Jersey for a while but I refuse to miss this. Can anybody tell me what the view is like from the uppermost balconies sides and ends?
Posted Image

#178 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,397 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 03:56 PM

I have yet to go to a game at Prudential Center. I have been away from Jersey for a while but I refuse to miss this. Can anybody tell me what the view is like from the uppermost balconies sides and ends?

I dont think there is a bad seat in the house in this arena. Sightlines are good. The building was made with hockey in mind.

#179 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,215 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 06:30 PM

I agree with ghdi, there isn't a bad seat. My personal favorites are the ends, whether its in the balcony or upper level. Absolutely fantastic viewpoint imo.

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#180 FightingMongoose

FightingMongoose

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 09:05 PM

Thanks ghdi and fiesty for the advice! I actually went with a center ice view. Game 5, Section 212, Row 7. I managed one preseason game this season in Albany and the last time before that was the home opener in 2006 at CAA. This is a long time coming. I can't wait!
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users