Jacques Lemaire appreciation

CaptainRafalski

One of the things that make me a proud Devils fan is the way the Devils, as an organization, keep ex coaches and players in the organization. Lemaire, Larry Robinson, Scott Stevens, Daneyko, etc. I have lived my whole life in Virginia and have followed the Devils since before their move from Denver. In the land of Capitals fans, everyone always ask me why I pull for the Devils and I tell them....tradition, loyalty, and dedication to always field a competitive team, year in and out ! What more could any fan ask of their chosen team? I sure have enjoyed the ride the last 33 plus years !

That's right. What do the Celtics, Lakers, Yankees and Packers have in common? Tradition. The mind set was always the same. It was also true for the Habs, but something went awry. Dont know if it was new ownership or the press.

As much as I am glad and appreciate when Jacques and the like have done to build and mold this team and history....I'm also glad they're NOT around running the show now....when would we ever see a "trusted vet" like Sykora sat for a rookie coming back from an injury in JJ??

More proof we've evolved into the modern game of hockey and we have the right guy running the ship.....gonna be nice NOT coach-hunting this off-season :)