38 replies to this topic

#1 abripper339

abripper339

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 50 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 09:59 AM

Haven't seen it mentioned yet, sorry if it has. After the game on Friday, I saw the Devils Den shop open selling the championship gear. Hell yea I wanted to get one of those nice Eastern Conf Champ hats.

I go in and they are charging $45.00 for that hat.. I can understand 30, maybe 35.. but $45 was complete gouging. This on top of the prices for the finals is starting to turn me off a bit. I have been a die hard fan since 1988.

Edited by abripper339, 27 May 2012 - 10:01 AM.

#2 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,304 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 10:01 AM

I made a mention of this in the chat room after I got home. I still bought one but it's almost 15 bucks cheaper on the nhl site. The knew everyone was excited and just wanted the merch but I have to agree it was absolutely ridiculous to charge that much. I was caught up in the moment and the excitement that I didn't even care and I just wanted the hat.

The problem is after shipping and tax I'd really only save 4 bucks or so. That's the only reason I'm probably not going to return it, just not worth the time or hassle at this point.

http://shop.nhl.com/...mpsLRHat_052512

Edited by Satans Hockey, 27 May 2012 - 10:04 AM.

#3 DevilMinder

DevilMinder

Owner / Administrator

• Admin
  • 9,086 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 10:03 AM

Thats a shame, and it will be on the modells clearance rack in 2 months for $5.

#4 abripper339

abripper339

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 50 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 10:05 AM

yea i found it on ebay for 25$. some guy had a 100's available at 25$ a pop, free shipping. I am sure i can walk in modells and get it for the same price.

#5 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,901 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 10:11 AM

This is why the 'last' place I'll ever look for any Devils merchandise (aside from a game program) is the Devils Den :lol: Even with my 10% sth discount stuff still gets overpriced about 30% there so it doesn't help that much.

I have to admit though it didn't even occur to me to look for any ECF stuff after the game, I just wanted to A) celebrate with everyone at the arena and B) make it back to the light rail to see my friends there and get the last light rail back to make the 11:50 train home. I'm still not sure I'll get any even now. I have enough Devil t-shirts as it is that I can be more picky, but I do kinda want one so we'll see.

Edited by NJDevs4978, 27 May 2012 - 10:14 AM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#6 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 11,304 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 10:13 AM

yea i found it on ebay for 25$. some guy had a 100's available at 25$ a pop, free shipping. I am sure i can walk in modells and get it for the same price.

Ya I'm going to stop at a few modells this week when I pass them, if I can get the hat cheaper there then I will definitely return the hat at game 1.

#7 Devs4LordStanley

Devs4LordStanley

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 10:38 AM

Dick's has it for $26

Let's Go Devils!

@NTylerNJD

#8 jagknife

jagknife

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,531 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 10:43 AM

I prefer the playoff hat, problem is it doesn't have the Playoff logo on the side of it [at least not the one's sold at the Rock]

NewKeeperSig.png of each of Toronto's 6 shots on goal in Game 6

#9 Bryan

Bryan

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 613 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 10:50 AM

You know I came close to ordering this too.

But I'm waiting.

First off I'd rather have a Stanley Cup Champs hat!

Secondly if they don't win, if I hold out a week or so after the Finals the conference champs stuff will go on clearance anyway.
Posted Image of Zach Parise's McFarlane Figure!

NEW JERSEY In keeping with the fact they are the Devils, New Jersey actually went with a villain by the name of Lex Lou-Lamoriello, an evil genius who finds ways to get around the salary cap until he is stopped in his tracks by Bett-man.

#10 sundstrom

sundstrom

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,361 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 11:11 AM

eastern conference championship gear is the absolute dumbest thing to buy. you can wear it for about a week. if they win, you'll get the cup stuff. if they lose, you don't want to wear "2nd Place' clothing.

and putting a patch on the jersey is, perhaps, getting a little ahead of ourselves for the same reason. do you want that patch on a jersey if they lose?

that being said, i bought a hat and tshirt at the devils den 2 minutes after the players left the ice so don't ask me ;)

"This team was never the same once we lost Patrik Sundstrom"- Lou Lamoriello

20082719943.png
“They’re the ones that makes it happen,” Lemaire said. “It’s not us. It’s not me. It’s not the other guy. It’s not the guy before. It’s not the guy after. It’s them. And they have to take care of business.”
-
"I guess I just miss my friend" (#28)

#11 skeeter

skeeter

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,493 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 11:21 AM

eastern conference championship gear is the absolute dumbest thing to buy. you can wear it for about a week. if they win, you'll get the cup stuff. if they lose, you don't want to wear "2nd Place' clothing.

and putting a patch on the jersey is, perhaps, getting a little ahead of ourselves for the same reason. do you want that patch on a jersey if they lose?

that being said, i bought a hat and tshirt at the devils den 2 minutes after the players left the ice so don't ask me ;)

This. The only conference champions thing I ever bought was a 2001 hat at JC Penny for $1.99 in July of 2001 just for the hell of it. If we win the cup, these hats will be about $3.99 in three weeks. Hell, in 2003 the Devils GAVE AWAY our Stanley Cup champion locker room hats at one of our first games of the regular season. I have about 6 of those hats that were never even worn lying around somewhere.
gallery_47_36_882.png
Keeper of Mike Miller's cracking voice
Keeper of Claude the trumpet guy
Keeper of Slapshot the fondlin' mascot

#12 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,498 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 11:27 AM

Sports authority had them for $32 yesterday.

I also hate it how they are fitted. For guys like me with huge heads it complicates things.

#13 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,727 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 11:34 AM

I bought mine, that was the sweetest ECF for us. Beating our biggest rivals like that was something special.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#14 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,901 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 11:35 AM

The only non-cup accomplishment t-shirts I have are an EC t-shirt from 2000 that I got at one of the Devils' draft parties for like five bucks a couple years back, and a division champions t-shirt from 2006 I felt compelled to buy after their amazing run back from the abyss. Not much of a hat person either way, have enough giveaway hats over the years I don't wear as it is.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#15 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,620 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 11:41 AM

I was drunk and bought it at the Den after the game! Whatever, I'm gladly parting with my money for the benefit of this team, they need it. And they've given me a great year full of great exciting moments. I've spent $45 on way worse more insignificant things so I don't mind this haha.. Pricey yes, worth it no, but whatevers, I'm still in complete excitement for Wednesday's HOME game!!!!

#16 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,426 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 11:43 AM

guys! we're in financial trouble! pay the extra 15$ and enjoy your NHL team! lol

www.SterioDesign.com

#17 skeeter

skeeter

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,493 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 01:28 PM

guys! we're in financial trouble! pay the extra 15$ and enjoy your NHL team! lol

You do have a point, and they ARE sweet looking hats....
gallery_47_36_882.png
Keeper of Mike Miller's cracking voice
Keeper of Claude the trumpet guy
Keeper of Slapshot the fondlin' mascot

#18 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,386 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 01:44 PM

I never buy the Eastern Conference gear, because I want CUP Champs wear!

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

#19 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,464 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 01:54 PM

Champions Gear of any sort is a waste of money. It goes out of "fashion" very quickly and will be clearanced within a year, even earlier if the retailer is a big online one (Eastbay, Football Freaks, FansEdge, etc). Conference Champions even more so. I can totally understand buying stuff if you're at the clinching game, but $45 is pretty much highway robbery for a hat. I remember when the Yanks won the series in 09, I had to have the damn shirt they had on the field. I only wear it around the house now. I also have a standard on-field Yankee hat with the 2003 World Series logo on it that I got when I attended a game during that series. That didnt turn out so well and I never wear it lol.

#20 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,942 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 03:45 PM

In 1995 I bought the EC Champs shirt because it was the first trip to the Finals..... which lead me to get it for 2000, in 2001 "no one bothered to get the shirts because we were going to win the Cup"....no shirt.....in 2003 I bought it BECAUSE of 2001....you can be damn sure I was at Modells Saturday buying one :)
Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users