95 replies to this topic

#1 DobaMB30

DobaMB30

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 58 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 10:36 AM

I know some don’t believe in this crap, but others do, so what little things have you guys done during these playoffs to help the Devils succeed?

I’ve had a few along the way so far, most recent is watching game 4 vs Rags at my brothers for a change, they ended up winning so I kept a good thing going and the next thing you know the Devils are 3-0 when I watch the game out there.. its a 45 minute drive but you gotta stick with it.
Posted Image

#2 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,399 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 10:43 AM

Too many to name....I don't know if you know or not but this board actually takes down all the Silver shiny thingy's prior to the playoffs' start.

Edited by ben00rs, 28 May 2012 - 10:44 AM.

gallery_47_36_882.png of No One
Proud to be King of the Kovalnuts (Est. June 2010 by MantaRay)

#3 Devs4LordStanley

Devs4LordStanley

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 10:47 AM

I play Hell by Foo Fighters then Sweat by David Guetta then Bad Boys by Inner Circle before every game.

Let's Go Devils!

@NTylerNJD

#4 bostondevil11

bostondevil11

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,462 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 10:48 AM

My supersitions have been lucky so far every game they won when I did my them. For the flyers series I grilled before every game and wore my Elias jersey. The Rangers series I made chicken bites and sweet potato fries and wore my Pandolfo jersey. Every series I always shower between the 1 and 2 period and had my beer jersey on my beer. My girlfriend has also played along.
Not sure what am going to do for the finals. Probably go back to grilling.

#5 #9Delieve

#9Delieve

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 63 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 10:58 AM

Gamae 4 vs the panthers I received a red alert towel(4 nothing win).so i carry the towel around in big spots suck as game 6 ot,game 7 out,a few flyers games and game 6 vs the rags.to make things short the towel is undefeated!!

Stupid smart phone auto correct^^^^.....go devils

#6 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,115 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 11:10 AM

My superstition is not to be superstitious. I use to have a few when I was younger but thankfully I stopped doing that crap. I hate to break it you guys but none of us are important enough to have any impact on the outcome on the game by doing some of this stuff :P

#7 RunninWithTheDevil

RunninWithTheDevil

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,313 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 11:51 AM

I had to go to a job interview with my heinous playoff beard. a part of my superstition is i shave my mustache.

hell yeah I still got the job.

but i'm 98% sure my girlfriend left me....... I'm not too sure though, I've been too busy watching the Henrique goal to text her.

edit: also one night a few years ago, for some reason i parted my hair to the left instead of the right. What do you know? Zach scores his first hattrick.

Edited by RunninWithTheDevil, 28 May 2012 - 11:52 AM.

Winner of the 2010 UDX Signature Award

NJDEVS.COM KEEPER OF: Brendan Shanahan, Continental Airlines Arena, First game at The Rock, Chuck the Duck, New Goal Horn, Devils' Dancers, Chico Eats, Rock Your Red, Clemmers Shut-out against the Rangers

#8 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,115 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 11:52 AM

I had to go to a job interview with my heinous playoff beard. a part of my superstition is i shave my mustache.

but i'm 98% sure my girlfriend left me....... I'm not too sure though, I've been too busy watching the Henrique goal to text her.

hahahahaha!

#9 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,399 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 11:56 AM

Posted Image..........POD.

gallery_47_36_882.png of No One
Proud to be King of the Kovalnuts (Est. June 2010 by MantaRay)

#10 peteyvegas

peteyvegas

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 12:03 PM

Dont laugh. It started in '95 and carried over to 2003. Then I stopped until this year. I have to get mad as hell at the other team and literally curse them during the games. I have to stay pissed off for the whole 60 minutes. I sounds easy (crazy) but it's not. It's friggin' exhausting. I've only done it a few times but I chose to do it again this year and it's working so far.

#11 Scoopscj

Scoopscj

Rookie Devil

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 12:06 PM

Every time I wore my Devil's Pajamas I got for Christmas 2 years ago they lost. Then I wore them during the NY Giants game when DeSean Jackson returned the punt to win it and I haven't worn them on any game days. Ever. Bad Juju on those pajamas. seriously.

Scoops

#12 TheMazz

TheMazz

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,315 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 12:07 PM

Before every series so far I have trimed (not shaved) my playoff beard and shaved my mustache. I also watch the Springsteen playoff hype video before every game

Edited by TheMazz, 28 May 2012 - 12:07 PM.

n2eg.jpg

#13 ZeroGravityFat

ZeroGravityFat

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 12:07 PM

I have to shake certain peoples hands at diablos now, and wear my Henrique Jersey and diablos scarf which will be a bitch in this weather. Also I must make the gdt.

martyb.jpg
Proud Winner of the 2012 Sergei Brylin Award and 2011 Andy Greene Award, Official keeper of Doc and Chico's random ramblings during play in blowout games

#14 RunninWithTheDevil

RunninWithTheDevil

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,313 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 12:11 PM

I have to shake certain peoples hands at diablos now, and wear my Henrique Jersey and diablos scarf which will be a bitch in this weather. Also I must make the gdt.

after I won game 4 i woke up too late to do the GDT, and I saw you were back on it. and they won!

Posted Image

Edited by RunninWithTheDevil, 28 May 2012 - 12:12 PM.

Winner of the 2010 UDX Signature Award

NJDEVS.COM KEEPER OF: Brendan Shanahan, Continental Airlines Arena, First game at The Rock, Chuck the Duck, New Goal Horn, Devils' Dancers, Chico Eats, Rock Your Red, Clemmers Shut-out against the Rangers

#15 Brick Pig

Brick Pig

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 02:27 PM

I grow a playoff beard, but it's for fun rather than superstition. If I had a job interview or something like that I'd shave without a second thought. I also wear my jersey to all playoff games. (I don't always wear it to regular season games.) But again, I'm not really superstitious about it; I just think it's fun to go though the ritual.

#16 Joonas #6

Joonas #6

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 742 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 02:37 PM

I have to eat 2 cookies during the first 10 minutes of the first period.

+ some other stupid stuff.

I fvcking hate animated avatars and signatures.

#17 ironsights

ironsights

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 03:07 PM

I wear my Volchenkov jersey for the duration of every playoff game, only remove it to use the restroom or if I end up making any food. I also haven't had it washed all season long. I've grown the scruffiest nerf herder of a playoff beard, and I can't wait to shave it, but I'll rock it until the final second of the playoffs. I also typically have a six pack of beer throughout the game, with a shot of root beer schnapps during the 2nd intermission. Does it do anything? of course not, but I can't break the habit now. We made it to the finals !! Cheers !

#18 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,343 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 03:18 PM

I grew a playoff beard during the first round. After Game 5 and that clusterfvck of a performance, I was convinced they'd get knocked out, so I shaved it off. Lo and behold, they turned it around. So now I shave off my beard after every round.

Winner of the 2009-10 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster
Winner of the 2011-2012 RD Avatar Award
believe2.jpg

www.numerartovertag.wordpress.com - An NHL Blog (in Swedish)

#19 JSR

JSR

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 699 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 03:21 PM

Brodeur jersey, Brodeur jersey shirt underneath, clutching the Red Alert towel I got at Game 6 against the Panthers in my left hand. And of course the playoff beard.

#20 Bartholomew Hunt

Bartholomew Hunt

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 03:47 PM

I started my playoff beard march 31st after we clinched against carolina. Now i have this gigantic daneyko like beard and i absolutely love it. Well except this ratty mustache that comes with it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users