#41 gata

gata

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 129 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 09:21 AM

I'm not really superstitious but...
Thus far every time I don't wear Devils Apparel w/ my blood red lipstick we've lost (so I made sure to wear them the last three games) and BAM we won.Also when ever I watch the games with my cousins we've won but I also bring a six pack of Sam Adams and a small Keg of Heineken. lol

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#42 pleasepassthesoup

pleasepassthesoup

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 72 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 10:08 AM

I wear my home Kovy jersey with a Gaslight Anthem T-Shirt under it (there are a few that I cycle through, but they all count). I ordered the jersey back in March but it took forever and didn't show up until the day of game 7 vs the Panthers. 9-2 in games where I wear it (was unable to for game 3 vs NYR. Sorry guys.)

Also, ever since we lost game 1 to the Flyers, I shave prior to every game (sort of a reverse playoff beard).

Edited by pleasepassthesoup, 29 May 2012 - 10:09 AM.

#43 njdjlc

njdjlc

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 135 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 11:23 AM

I have a pair of black flip flops that I now refuse to change until the playoffs are over. I went to game 3 against Florida and changed into a pink Disney pair. I was afraid the black ones would fall apart and didn't want to walk in Manhattan barefoot. After seeing the results, the black ones don't leave my feet. There is a imprint of my toes in the rubber.

#44 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,801 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 11:35 AM

Nice! I was chilling at Dinosaur BBQ waiting for my brother to show up before game 4 against the Rags and decided that I HAD to have a NJ beer before the game or we would surely lose - I did, and we of course didn't. I also busted out a Pretty Things Fluffy White Rabbits during Game 6 against the Panthers since it's supposed to be a good luck beer......

Anyway, if I can somehow conclusively prove that me drinking good beer will help the Devils win, I think I'll make a career out of it.

Haha cool. What NJ beer did you have? And how is that Dinosaur place? I've been meaning to check it out.
"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#45 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,463 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 12:09 PM

I chain smoke and scream at the TV so loud you can hear me before you even get inside my house.....oh wait, I do that every game, lol.

I also refuse to make plans to do anything Devils related when it pertains to a game that isn't guaranteed to happen. I won't say anything like "oh, we should go to a game next round", things like that. Don't want to put the hex on by saying something like that.

Edited by ATLL765, 29 May 2012 - 12:12 PM.

#46 Brandon

Brandon

Trenton Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,120 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 12:32 PM

I wear the same Devils jersey to the games until they lose, then I switch the jersey the I wear. I wore my signed Kovalchuk jersey to Games 4 and 6 in the Florida series, Game 4 of the Philly series, and Game 3 of the Rangers series. When they lost Game 3 I switched to my Retro Parise for Games 4 and 6, and that's what i'll be wearing to Game 1 of the Finals. I'm also starting a new superstition, listening to My Chemical Romance before overtimes. In Game 6 of the Florida series I listened to MCR before the overtime and they won, Game 7 I listened to MCR before the 2nd overtime, again a win, I did not listen to MCR before Game 1 of the Philly series and they lost, then I listened again to MCR before the overtime in game 6 against the Rags, so all in all the Devils are 3-0 when I listen to MCR before overtime.

Also I wear the same "lucky" belt to every single Devils home game.
25smul5.png

#47 Brandon

Brandon

Trenton Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,120 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 12:37 PM

oh, and one more, I refuse to change the background on my Droid. The last time I did the Devils went on a losing streak during the regular season, when I switched back to the old bg they went a pretty good winning streak.
25smul5.png

#48 jim777

jim777

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,627 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 12:42 PM

My supersitions have been lucky so far every game they won when I did my them. For the flyers series I grilled before every game and wore my Elias jersey. The Rangers series I made chicken bites and sweet potato fries and wore my Pandolfo jersey. Every series I always shower between the 1 and 2 period and had my beer jersey on my beer. My girlfriend has also played along.
Not sure what am going to do for the finals. Probably go back to grilling.

Showering with the girlfriend between the 1st and 2nd periods? I like that one, will run it by the Mrs :) lol

gallery_47_36_882.png   # 44, Stephane Richer

believe-elias.jpg

"bring knee pads...wear flattering attire...hair and makeup should be performance ready" -from Devils Dance Team audition notice

#49 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,463 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 04:07 PM

Showering with the girlfriend between the 1st and 2nd periods? I like that one, will run it by the Mrs :) lol

Nah. Not worth it. I've had girlfriends that have tried to distract me during games and every time it just ends with, "Why are you still watching the TV?", and me saying, "Because hockey is more important". Several days of anger always follows.

#50 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,463 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 04:10 PM

Nah. Not worth it. I've had girlfriends that have tried to distract me during games and every time it just ends with, "Why are you still watching the TV?", and me saying, "Because hockey is more important". Several days of anger always follows.

That's a really awful answer lol. What you do is say, as soon as the game is over, I'm all yours and will do whatever you ask, just let me watch this now.

#51 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,463 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 04:16 PM

That's a really awful answer lol. What you do is say, as soon as the game is over, I'm all yours and will do whatever you ask, just let me watch this now.

Yes, yes it is, but I look at it this way: Girlfriends come and go, mostly go, but either way, the point is the Devils can't dump me and I could never betray my loyalty to the team.

#52 cubanjd305

cubanjd305

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,099 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 04:44 PM

Shave in the shower with hot water on game day....if I forget...can't shave at all lol

Edited by cubanjd305, 29 May 2012 - 04:44 PM.

believe-3devils.jpg

#53 CAdevsfan

CAdevsfan

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 918 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 06:47 PM

1) My kids and I have to wear red and black on game days. No one is allowed to wear opposing team colors. It was tough to remember not wearing blue during the Rags series, so avoiding black & white will be even more difficult to remember.

2) My youngest son has a Devils jigsaw puzzle that he decided to put together during game 7 of the FLA series. Since that game the puzzle is still sitting, intact on the coffee table. No one takes it apart or puts it away until the finals are over.

3) This is the first year I have not put up my Devils flag outside the house. Ever since I got it, when I put it up in prior years, they lost, so it's staying down until they win the Cup.

#54 sirbutlust

sirbutlust

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 102 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 06:57 PM

everytime i turn on a light, they give up a goal. (exception bathroom light, just kitchen, livingroom etc). My new dog has to be near me or preferably on my lap in his devils collar i got him. My wife plays "Words with Freinds" or something that distracts her as they dont score when she watches. The Devils always did good when their was ice in the gutters next to my second story apartments deck i used to live in till last year. When it melted, hte would playoffs hit and the devils lost a lot.. I stoped by the other day and saw them clogged with leaves. SO far leaves are just as good as ice. No wearing Devils T-shirts on the day they play, ecspecaily before they play the rangers.

Wife just got a Devils flag in the mail. I wont hang it outside mostly due to the flag holder is cheap metal and bent , other wise USA flag goes there. also afraid someone would steal it. She suggested in the Sunrooms window which is viewable as i live on a corner. Thinking we ll see how the first game or two goes before i do that.

#55 oconnellrules

oconnellrules

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 474 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 11:38 PM

must wear my marty or kovy sweater during games. marty tshirt underneath. all the wins vs the rangers i watched in budd lake then proceeded to the local dive.

probably gonna keep it up.

although i trimmed the beard finally after we beat the rags...wont shave again til after the cup celebration.

cmon marty

#3 #4 #27 #30 #26

#56 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,388 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 12:28 AM

Im so awesome that im just straight good luck...

So all i have to do is stay alive really

www.SterioDesign.com

#57 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,484 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 12:31 AM

I can't tell you, that's part of my superstition.

#58 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,596 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 12:49 AM

I can't tell you, that's part of my superstition.

+1

gallery_47_36_882.png of No One
Proud to be King of the Kovalnuts (Est. June 2010 by MantaRay)

#59 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,801 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 02:01 AM

The correct phrasing is, "Because it's the Cup."
"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#60 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,095 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 10:25 AM

I think this season has cured me of superstitions. I had plenty. My first was in 1995 when I wore an old beat up red Devils hat that I had gotten at a convenience store for every game. I was in high school in NY and the only Devils fan, so it wasn't fun haha.

This season, I always wear my red Volchenkov jersey over a black Brodeur t-shirt to the games and the hat I bought at my first game of the inaugural season at the rock. I used to eat a gyro before every game (they've only lost once when I did). But I had bad heartburn in March and April so I skipped it and they kept winning. I got an opportunity to perform on a show in NYC (standup comedy) on the day between games 6 and 7 of the first round, so I had to shave my pathetic playoff beard. The Devils won game seven even without my help.

Then I forgot my lucky hat for Game 6 Friday and lo and behold they won. I'll keep my traditions, but I think I've had my superstitions broken. That being said, I'll be staring at the gyro stand tonight...
Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users