95 replies to this topic

#81 losdiablos103

losdiablos103

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 894 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 04:41 PM

This morning I was getting my kid dressed, and I was actually trying to explain to him the situation, haha. My wife thinks I'm nuts.

Did he accept the terms? lol

What's the verdict?
Posted Image Posted Image

#82 capo

capo

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 849 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 07:08 PM

This morning I was getting my kid dressed, and I was actually trying to explain to him the situation, haha. My wife thinks I'm nuts.

My daughter, who is also 3 would definitely understand that Daddy needs the dog more than she does... C'mon kid, you don't know what's at stake here! :P

#83 DobaMB30

DobaMB30

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 58 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 07:37 PM

from my original post.. I havent watched a single game at my brothers this series and we've lost all 3 games.. OMG I feel half responsible for NJ not being able to raise the puck !! Im sorry guys.
Posted Image

#84 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,340 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 01:24 PM

Hahahaha i can just imagine what you were saying to your kid, he was probably very confused lol

For some reason, I feel like a child would understand better than my adult friend's would/do. A child doesn't always use sound logic to make decisions or to understand what's going on. When I tell my friend's some of the things I've done, they look at me like I have 3 heads. My 8 year old brother, he never questions what needs to be done to win, lol.

#85 ZeroGravityFat

ZeroGravityFat

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,787 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 01:32 PM

ok, tonight we go full force, must watch at the bar, must wear the white 30th year shirt they gave away in the first game, must wear henrique jersey, must wear the diablos scarf.

martyb.jpg
Proud Winner of the 2012 Sergei Brylin Award and 2011 Andy Greene Award, Official keeper of Doc and Chico's random ramblings during play in blowout games

#86 95Crash

95Crash

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,991 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 01:38 PM

I convinced my son to let "Big Dog" stay downstairs on the couch last night. So we might be good to go for Game 4. Hopefully DobaMB30 goes to his brother's house to watch the game. And then, assuming no one else strays from their routine, maybe the Devs will win tonight, LOL.

#87 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,994 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 02:12 PM

I convinced my son to let "Big Dog" stay downstairs on the couch last night. So we might be good to go for Game 4. Hopefully DobaMB30 goes to his brother's house to watch the game. And then, assuming no one else strays from their routine, maybe the Devs will win tonight, LOL.

Well, I'll be at the bar I was at when they won Game 5 against the Rangers. Now... they played badly that night, BUT they won. So here's hoping.

And yes, I'm well aware that I said in this same thread that I don't have superstitions anymore... :whistling:
Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#88 giodude

giodude

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 91 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 03:04 PM

For some reason, I feel like a child would understand better than my adult friend's would/do. A child doesn't always use sound logic to make decisions or to understand what's going on. When I tell my friend's some of the things I've done, they look at me like I have 3 heads. My 8 year old brother, he never questions what needs to be done to win, lol.

You make a good point, even generally speaking I have told my 10 year old cousin to not wear blue during the Rags series (he lives in NY) and he listened without really asking me why. Although my die hard Ranger fan uncle was very pissed once he found out I did that :lol: Guess I should've told him to stray away from purple/black
Posted Image

#89 PhillyDev

PhillyDev

Prospect

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 53 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 05:04 PM

I play Hell by Foo Fighters then Sweat by David Guetta then Bad Boys by Inner Circle before every game.

That's a lot of work for one person. Somebody treat this man to Denny's. LOL
Martin Brodeur, win your fourth Cup.

#90 PhillyDev

PhillyDev

Prospect

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 53 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 05:20 PM

I eat dinner. More for health reasons, but I do what I can. LOL
Martin Brodeur, win your fourth Cup.

#91 CAdevsfan

CAdevsfan

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 917 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 05:53 PM

My boys and I got our new Devils shirts in the mail yesterday. The old ones weren't working this series, so I'm hoping the new ones can restart the team and bring some luck.

#92 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,340 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 06:03 PM

I'm going to get thoroughly wasted. It worked for a game in the last series, or at least I think it was last series, I don't really remember.

#93 95Crash

95Crash

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,991 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 07:18 PM

Sticking to all my superstitions tonight. Hope it helps.

Go Devils.

#94 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,248 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 08:55 PM

Clearly none of this stuff works so you can all do yourselves a favor and stop wasting your time on this stuff. No wonder everyone claims they have OCD nowadays.

#95 95Crash

95Crash

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,991 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 09:00 PM

Clearly none of this stuff works so you can all do yourselves a favor and stop wasting your time on this stuff. No wonder everyone claims they have OCD nowadays.

Yeah whatever, it was all in fun.

#96 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,149 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 10:01 PM

I don't check these forums for 24 hours after a big loss.

That clock starts relatively soon tonight :giggle:

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users