#1 Kovy138

Kovy138

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 401 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 10:52 AM

http://www.nhl.com/i...s.htm?id=632926

sorry if you guys have seen it already, just wanted to throw it up here.
LET'S GO DEVILS

#2 Chimaira_Devil_#9

Chimaira_Devil_#9

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,117 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 10:59 AM

I dont like it when people pick us!!!

OFFICIAL KEEPER OF:Dainius Zubrus......Andy Greene.......Vladimir Zharkov and Alexander Vasyunov

Posted Image

Winner of the 07/08 ,08/09 & 10/11 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster

#3 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,399 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 11:09 AM

I dont like it when people pick us!!!

+1

gallery_47_36_882.png of No One
Proud to be King of the Kovalnuts (Est. June 2010 by MantaRay)

#4 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,334 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 11:12 AM

I do not like being the clear "favorite", but we are clearly the underdog in this series. I like to see the team at least getting some respect in these series predictions...

It's funny that we had more votes in the NHL.com poll, but the ESPN one was overwhelmingly Kings....

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

#5 Kovy138

Kovy138

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 401 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 11:12 AM

i dont either. i just think its funny how we weren't favored to win in any other series, but now we are.
LET'S GO DEVILS

#6 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,334 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 11:15 AM

i dont either. i just think its funny how we weren't favored to win in any other series, but now we are.

We are not the favorites, the Kings are...

Edited by ThreeCups, 28 May 2012 - 11:18 AM.

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

#7 Kovy138

Kovy138

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 401 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 11:39 AM

We are not the favorites, the Kings are...

well, i mean more people picked the devils on that list. like you said, we're definitely the underdogs, which is cool with me.

edit: was there a list like that made for the rags series? i dont think i saw it, but i can imagine what it looked like.

Edited by Kovy138, 28 May 2012 - 11:41 AM.

LET'S GO DEVILS

#8 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,399 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 11:43 AM

well, i mean more people picked the devils on that list. like you said, we're definitely the underdogs, which is cool with me.

edit: was there a list like that made for the rags series? i dont think i saw it, but i can imagine what it looked like.

Honestly, this is the NHL.com staff picks, funny they picked us, but not really noteworthy.

#9 justdo3043

justdo3043

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,042 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 11:43 AM

no good...now im nervous
"The $297,297 Kovalchuk missed today is money he will never, ever get back. And the more cheques he misses, the better the deal is going to have to be for the players to justify him sitting out. And unlike the owners, the players can direct their leadership to get a deal done regardless of how disadvantageous it is to them."

#10 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,731 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 11:44 AM

I tried to start a thread with a poll about it but couldnt find the riht way to ask...

Its kinda on topic... Do you guys rather be the team that everyone is against (hated) so that if we win everyone is pissed off so you can rub it in their faces... Or rather be supported by the other fanbases and get people behind you to cheer and be happy with?

Personally i grew up a lone devils fan in a world of habs fans and i LOVE how everyone just HATE the devils because of me around here hahaha they just dont want to see me win cause im trolling them with the habs ALL THE TIME... Plus the devils always got mtl's numbers so its even better lol

So its the same feeling now...some of my friends are getting on the devils bandwagon and... Im not sure i like that? Hahaha

www.SterioDesign.com

#11 ZeroGravityFat

ZeroGravityFat

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,783 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 12:05 PM

Everyone hates a dynasty, so I take hate as a badge of honor.

martyb.jpg
Proud Winner of the 2012 Sergei Brylin Award and 2011 Andy Greene Award, Official keeper of Doc and Chico's random ramblings during play in blowout games

#12 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,399 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 12:07 PM

I tried to start a thread with a poll about it but couldnt find the riht way to ask...

Its kinda on topic... Do you guys rather be the team that everyone is against (hated) so that if we win everyone is pissed off so you can rub it in their faces... Or rather be supported by the other fanbases and get people behind you to cheer and be happy with?

Personally i grew up a lone devils fan in a world of habs fans and i LOVE how everyone just HATE the devils because of me around here hahaha they just dont want to see me win cause im trolling them with the habs ALL THE TIME... Plus the devils always got mtl's numbers so its even better lol

So its the same feeling now...some of my friends are getting on the devils bandwagon and... Im not sure i like that? Hahaha

We're Devils fans, at this point we only know one way and that's to be hated......and for no reason nonetheless.

#13 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,334 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 12:14 PM

Honestly, this is the NHL.com staff picks, funny they picked us, but not really noteworthy.

I don't put any more stock into the ESPN "experts" picks than I do the NHL.com staff picks...

At the end of the day it is all the same...

#14 iamtheprodigy

iamtheprodigy

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,970 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 12:55 PM

Doesn't matter. Everyone will still be rooting against us (except for a few people here and there who say they would like to see Marty win another one). Kings are younger and have never won a Cup in team history. Plus, they're 12-2 so far. They're definitely the favorite to win and the team most people want to see win. Fine with me.

#15 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,731 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 12:59 PM

Doesn't matter. Everyone will still be rooting against us (except for a few people here and there who say they would like to see Marty win another one). Kings are younger and have never won a Cup in team history. Plus, they're 12-2 so far. They're definitely the favorite to win and the team most people want to see win. Fine with me.

we all know what happened to 12-2 teams facing us in the cup final, no worries

www.SterioDesign.com

#16 RunninWithTheDevil

RunninWithTheDevil

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,283 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 01:02 PM

Posted Image

Winner of the 2010 UDX Signature Award

#17 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,178 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 01:12 PM

It doesn't matter what anyone picked. JR picked LA, so we got this now.

#18 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,399 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 02:40 PM

I don't put any more stock into the ESPN "experts" picks than I do the NHL.com staff picks...

At the end of the day it is all the same...

Neither do I, the point is they are not established sports analysts whose predictions thousands will read.

#19 Devil Fan

Devil Fan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,459 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 10:52 PM

Those experts try to jinx us.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Chocolate + Devil = My life

#20 roomtemp

roomtemp

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 649 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 11:16 PM

I thought it was kind of interesting that no one did the losing team gets the Conn Smythe

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users