30 replies to this topic

#21 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,678 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 08:22 AM

I could really care less what their twitter says. Does anyone even take twitter seriously?

#22 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,399 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 09:30 AM

To be fair, there is A LOT to do in LA.

gallery_47_36_882.png of No One
Proud to be King of the Kovalnuts (Est. June 2010 by MantaRay)

#23 Chuck the Duck

Chuck the Duck

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,526 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 10:19 AM

Sure, @LAKings is run by some social media firm that is paid big bucks to be funny and outlandish, and so far they've nailed us good.

The full article is available here:
http://keepingscore....tter-sensation/

And @NHLDevils responds:

Unfortunately the Statue of Liberty does not stand in New Jersey. And "playoff hockey consistently" is a new phenomenon. This time last year our team was over a month into their summer vacation.

Will LA fans insult our air quality next? Seems like they'd be knowledgeable in that subject.

tl;dr -- Twitter can be very stupid.

The Statute of Liberty does stand in NJ waters. It was claimed by NY in the 1670's when they were allowed to sail around all of the islands in NY Harbor to claim them as part of NY, depsite the fact that they lay within NJ's territorial boundary. That is why Liberty Island, and Ellis Island, although sitting within NJwaters, are considered part of NY. Only in the past decade or so has the Supreme Court of the US decided that Ellis Island was to be spilt between the states, with NY retaining the great hall building and NJ getting control of the rest.

And we make the playoffs rather consistently, even with last years fiasco thrown in. I'd say about 26-28 teams in the NHL would kill for our playoff consistency, including those clowns from across the river.
Posted Image

#24 gata

gata

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 129 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 11:02 AM

fvck em... It's not like LA isn't known for all their dovche bags

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#25 DevilinLA

DevilinLA

Trivia Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,221 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 12:37 PM

Wow, guys (especially Gata above). Its a SCF - and the LAK are there for the first time in ages - of course there has to be some trash talk.
Did people really expect LA to twitter respectful messages sharing how much they think NJD has a winning tradition of hockey over their own team?
Sure most folks only realized that the have a hockey team once the Lakers were put out of the picture, and sure some people would just assume put Kobe on skates, but are they not allowed to root for their team and hate the opposition - isn't that what makes a great series?
Posted Image
Sole Keeper of Anton Volchenkov
Sole Keeper of Mike Mottau #27
Keeper of Bryce Salvador #24

#26 AEWHistory

AEWHistory

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 315 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 01:01 PM

I could really care less what their twitter says. Does anyone even take twitter seriously?

I thought Twitter was the new Wikipedia? Everything on there is some sort of eternal truth that all must hear and obey.... Until some twit posts some other garbage a fraction of a second later and then you've got a new eternal truth for a few seconds or milliseconds.
Aaron / AEWHistory --- Rockies/Devils fan since 1981!

Trenton Makes and the World Takes..... Or.... Trenton Uses What the World Refuses

#27 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,396 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 04:05 PM

Wow, guys (especially Gata above). Its a SCF - and the LAK are there for the first time in ages - of course there has to be some trash talk.
Did people really expect LA to twitter respectful messages sharing how much they think NJD has a winning tradition of hockey over their own team?
Sure most folks only realized that the have a hockey team once the Lakers were put out of the picture, and sure some people would just assume put Kobe on skates, but are they not allowed to root for their team and hate the opposition - isn't that what makes a great series?

Hrmph hrumph... my my DinLA., this is the Stanley Cup Finals.. err hem hehm ... did you really expect the NJ Devils board to not amuse themselves with a little trash talk? Why, that would be like expecting me not to get get my puffed up self on here and chide you for not allowing fans to be fans especially on the privacy of their own fan board. That IS what makes a great series, no?

I'm here for the party

#28 DevilinLA

DevilinLA

Trivia Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,221 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 05:09 PM

Hrmph hrumph... my my DinLA., this is the Stanley Cup Finals.. err hem hehm ... did you really expect the NJ Devils board to not amuse themselves with a little trash talk? Why, that would be like expecting me not to get get my puffed up self on here and chide you for not allowing fans to be fans especially on the privacy of their own fan board. That IS what makes a great series, no?

Exactly - its expected- this is what makes the series great.
Are we all douche bags - yes! and all of you are Snooki's and "the Situations"!

Eh... oh! :giggle:
Posted Image
Sole Keeper of Anton Volchenkov
Sole Keeper of Mike Mottau #27
Keeper of Bryce Salvador #24

#29 RowdyFan42

RowdyFan42

A Legend

• Tech Support
  • 12,607 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 05:42 PM

Sure, @LAKings is run by some social media firm that is paid big bucks to be funny and outlandish

Actually, it's run by a couple of Kings employees. From Puck Daddy:

Hankins (@DewayneHankins) is the director of digital media for the Los Angeles Kings. Along with digital media coordinator Pat Donahue (@patatack), they run the @LAKings Twitter feed that's become a sensation during the postseason.

Is there anything you've said in this thread that's correct?
Posted Image of the Devils' mascot, NJ Devil, and Posted Image of all mascots far and wide.

IT IS VERY HARD TO WIN ONE STANLEY CUP, FORGET ABOUT THREE... and maybe it's high time some of you actually APPRECIATED THAT instead of treating it like it's some flipping birthright because for some random reason you rooted for the damn Devils!!!!! Posted Image

AHLFans.net - American Hockey League fan forums

#30 Stolen

Stolen

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 07:49 PM

I love when people say Wikipedia isn't a valid source. :rolleyes:

Edited by Stolen, 30 May 2012 - 07:50 PM.

#31 Hades

Hades

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 08:51 PM

Lots to do in LA since they stole Joey Buttafucco from the Island.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users