#241 Onddeck

Onddeck

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,123 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 10:53 PM

Ok ok I'm all for supporting all of us, but don't be mistaken:

If fayne thinks he will ever get a chance like that, he's out of his fvckig mind.

Brodeur had a good pct tonight but if he was stellar, why'd he give up another soft goal to start us off?

Sometimes u gotta be tough on your own team and when you miss pretty much all of your opportunities, this is what follows

Edited by Onddeck, 30 May 2012 - 10:54 PM.

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

#242 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,173 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 10:54 PM

i probably said it in the chat about 45 times just today...

but we need to fvcking stop just giving away the puck to LA's D at their blueline when we have control of the puck... thats all we do

Devils are making very few plays from the backend...

Dman carrying the puck from behind the net he's either gonna:

1- make a strong pass to a forward in the neutral zone who's gonna deflect it in the deep in the zone so that it's not an icing... about 50% of the time he miss the forward and we ice the puck

2- Dump it deep... sometimes they actually go for it, sometimes they don't

3- if he can skate to his blueline he's gonna flick it to the other blueline straight to a kings dman (that i just can't understand why)

the worst is that most of the time its not even because were making a line change or anything... we just give away the puck freely giving away our possession

sometiiiiimes they do skate with it in the zone but more often than not they'll overpass it or skate right in the corner and endup fighting along the boards...

www.SterioDesign.com

#243 Sneax

Sneax

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 930 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 10:56 PM

We seemed pretty evenly matched tonight if you ask me, they just buried their chance at the end, and we didn't bury ours with the kova-henrique-poni scramble near their net in OT. The devils didn't have their legs in the early goings of the game, I don't expect that to happen again. And when we got our game going, they were struggling to deal with us. I expect us to come out flying next game, just like most games this playoffs. If we win, is another story, this is the most evenly matched we've been all playoffs.

#244 Parisalchuk

Parisalchuk

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 11:00 PM

I thought the devils played horribly. That being said, I fully expect them to bounce back.

Edited by Parisalchuk, 30 May 2012 - 11:12 PM.

#245 Hades

Hades

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 11:13 PM

Devils need to capitalize on opportunities. Unlike the ran-jerks, the Kings can hit the net.

#246 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,427 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 11:21 PM

I thought the devils played horribly. That being said, I fully expect them to bounce back.

They did in the first period, but even there we had chances to bury that weren't buried. The 2nd and 3rd were much better.

Zidlicky sh!t the bed big time though. A complete WTF game from him.

#247 Devils Pride 26

Devils Pride 26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,085 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 11:27 PM

First two periods were the worst of the playoffs. Huge shotless stretches all game long. Would have been nice to steal one but this team bounces back well. Clarkson was more frustrating than usual tonight. Two semi open nets and big whiffs when they really could have picked the team up. LA didn't really handle our surges well, if we can have more of them in the first two periods, we are probably talking about a win.

#248 lazer

lazer

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,800 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 11:30 PM

i think they played great and shouldnt change a thing.
Posted Image

#249 Onddeck

Onddeck

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,123 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 11:35 PM

i think they played great and shouldnt change a thing.

What??? 5 shots in the dirst period, something like 17 all game and who knows how many missed chances.

I know we can bounce back but that was no way a game where we played "great" dude, wake up

#250 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,713 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 11:39 PM

lol at Fayne and Clarkson getting our best chances. Our best players need to be the ones getting those chances, period. When Kopitar got his chance in the OT, forget it. Can't count on guys like Fayne and goofball Clarkson to bury them (30 goals or no 30 goals).
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#251 MoKovy

MoKovy

Draft Pick

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 11:41 PM

I agree and disagree with you. First period we were pretty even and played crappy at points. the 2nd i thought we were just not even playing 3rd we had great opportunities but could not finish and was still sloppy. OT Was just a major heart attack. But with that all been said i think we could have easily had that game and I expect a great bounce back game on Saturday. And like always we need our best players to be our best and tonight was just not that night and I'm pretty sure our top guys will respond great on Saturday.

LETS GO DEVILS!!!!

Edited by MoKovy, 30 May 2012 - 11:43 PM.

#252 lazer

lazer

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,800 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 11:45 PM

What??? 5 shots in the dirst period, something like 17 all game and who knows how many missed chances.

I know we can bounce back but that was no way a game where we played "great" dude, wake up

1st game is a feeler that goes to OT, we controlled the puck and had a ton of chances...what game were you watching?
Posted Image

#253 Onddeck

Onddeck

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,123 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 11:55 PM

1st game is a feeler that goes to OT, we controlled the puck and had a ton of chances...what game were you watching?

I saw a game where we looked slow, where we looked like we couldn't control the puck and couldn't do sh!t with any opportunities. We were obviously at home tonight and couldn't do dick with the gifts of chances we were blessed with.

Listen I'm not one to just berate our team but I wanna be real when I say we were outplayed for a majority of this game

LA is 100% not the team to just "get a feel for" a game, especially when at home. It's not the end of th world but at least jus realize we jus lost home ice to a pretty good team... Not a good look

#254 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,775 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 11:59 PM

I saw a game where we looked slow, where we looked like we couldn't control the puck and couldn't do sh!t with any opportunities. We were obviously at home tonight and couldn't do dick with the gifts of chances we were blessed with.

Listen I'm not one to just berate our team but I wanna be real when I say we were outplayed for a majority of this game

LA is 100% not the team to just "get a feel for" a game, especially when at home. It's not the end of th world but at least jus realize we jus lost home ice to a pretty good team... Not a good look

This. They sucked tonight. They admit it too, Kovy even said he thinks this is the worst game they've played all playoffs (not the worst imo, but it's up there. I still think game 5 vs. Florida was by far the worst). Whatever. Its over. Let's get game 2.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#255 #9Delieve

#9Delieve

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 63 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 12:04 AM

The devils lost this game,la did not win it...what a waste!!

#256 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,713 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 12:08 AM

This. They sucked tonight. They admit it too, Kovy even said he thinks this is the worst game they've played all playoffs (not the worst imo, but it's up there. I still think game 5 vs. Florida was by far the worst). Whatever. Its over. Let's get game 2.

They didn't play very well the last two games of the Ranger series either, other than the fourth line but stole Game 5 cause Lundqvist sucked and after a good first period were fortunate to win Game 6 cause of Marty. I just hope they aren't running out of gas, we'll see in Game 2.

I still can't see the Kings going 10, 11-0 on the road in the playoffs and never being challenged. Teams just don't go through four rounds and blitz their way to a Cup with zero adversity. But this has been a crazy year anyway.

Edited by NJDevs4978, 31 May 2012 - 12:09 AM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#257 devlman

devlman

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,068 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 12:08 AM

Zidlicky was abysmal. We didn't play well and make smart decisions w the puck and yet we only lost in ot and had chances to win. Clarkson played way too much and was the second worst player out there.

Edited by devlman, 31 May 2012 - 12:11 AM.

#258 themiddle91489

themiddle91489

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 630 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 12:09 AM

I hate to get incredibly off-topic, but does anyone know of/know the status of the dude who fell in 229? I'm not exactly sure what happened or if someone else saw it but from what I heard he fell backwards down the stairs and hit his head on the glass siding by the railing. It was right before the pre-game pump up music and light show started so I can't imagine that was easy for the paramedics and Pru center staff. From the way the people around him were reacting, it looked like he got hurt pretty bad.
Attended Games: 2-1-1.
GDT's: 0-0.

#259 Onddeck

Onddeck

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,123 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 12:13 AM

I hate to get incredibly off-topic, but does anyone know of/know the status of the dude who fell in 229? I'm not exactly sure what happened or if someone else saw it but from what I heard he fell backwards down the stairs and hit his head on the glass siding by the railing. It was right before the pre-game pump up music and light show started so I can't imagine that was easy for the paramedics and Pru center staff. From the way the people around him were reacting, it looked like he got hurt pretty bad.

I was I 230, probably about 10 seats fom where he fell. I saw a woman that showed she was crying. I literally was scared of the worse- some form of a heart attaché ( god forbid because it's a horrible thing to even mention). But it was immediately following the start of the light show and the ppl surrounding were extremely sad and they were gathering for a long time

#260 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,385 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 12:14 AM

I saw quite a few Kings fans there. What are the odds that they're fairweather Rags fans being faurweather Kings fans?

mk6ihcS.gif?1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users