363 replies to this topic

#301 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,031 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 09:31 AM

Not to pick on Marty -- because he's the best -- but did anyone think he flopped on that penalty?

He did a little.

Lately I've been getting kinda pissed at Clarkson because he has been flopping all over the ice the last 2 series and now I'm at my breaking point with him. He is going back into his mode where every time someone touches him he is searching for the ref immediately after with his "where was the call!?" face on him instead of getting back into the play.

Zubrus has been starting to do this too a little bit.

#302 njdevils783

njdevils783

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,083 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 09:37 AM

Which of the one-timer in the slot and the breakaway do you consider a softie?

Exactly, thats what I was saying last night. How are you putting the 1st goal on Marty when it took a defensive breakdown behind the net and a one-timer to a wide open guy in the slot. It's just not fair. I'm sure he would love to have that one back, but you could say that of any goal really. The defense dropped the ball there and on the breakaway. If we play a more solid defensive game and the likes of Zidlicky, Greene, Harrold, et al actually play defense I dont see why we cant quickly turn the series back in our favor.

Another thing you cant have the captain of the team, the number 1 or 2 goal scorer, fan on a empty net shot its just unacceptable. Don't get me started on I cant hit the net David Clarktard. Fayne gets a pass because quite frankly I dont expect him to score lol.

Devils in 6

Edited by njdevils783, 31 May 2012 - 09:37 AM.

Posted Image

#303 Chuck the Duck

Chuck the Duck

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,577 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 09:46 AM

I can't believe I feel this way after being badly outshot (and only registering like 20 shots on goal all game), but the Kings stole that game. We missed at least 4 wide open scoring chances that need to get buried. The ice was terrible last night with the high humidity in the area. Pucks bouncing everywhere. But that's no excuse.

Game 2 is now crucial. You can't go to LA down 0-2.
Posted Image

#304 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,115 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 09:53 AM

For you WWE fans, Edge was at the game last night and he brought along his girlfriend Beth Phoenix. Edge rules...

Posted Image

#305 Elias26

Elias26

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,576 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 09:54 AM

This was probably said already but Kovy was a disaster last night. He is obviously very injured and his mistakes are costing the team big time. I know it wont happen but I would ether play Tallinder and put Harrold in over Kovy or it Tallys not ready put in Sykora over Kovy. Sykora is slow but has about the same speed as Kovy right now and he has been better defensively.
Bobby Holik wouldn't name a (Christmas) song. He said: "Music means nothing to me." When Tom Gulitti of the
Record suggested he'd be called Scrooge, Holik said: "It won't be the first time." -Bobby Holik Christmas 2008

“I made a decision to be here. Just because the team is going through a rough time doesn’t mean you leave. This has become my second home. I love playing here. Patrik Elias January 31, 2011

#306 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 10:11 AM

That Kings breakout is a thing of beauty. Gotta give credit where it's due. We haven't faced something like that before.

Still have faith in DeBo & Co. They've made the proper adjustments after two Game 1 losses now. Let's make it three.

LGD!
Posted Image

"I don't like those Rangers fans from New Jersey." - Jim Dowd

#307 Devils Pride 26

Devils Pride 26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,022 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 10:22 AM

Parise whiffing is already giving me a headache this morning. Whatever. It was obvious the Kings watched a lot of tape, the first and second periods the Devils were skating in sand trying to pass out of the zone on the breakouts. Played right into the Kings hands. Have to skate until you face pressure at least.

#308 slasher72

slasher72

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 10:42 AM

We MUST win game 2. Cannot go down 0-2 against this team or it might be a sweep. Zidlicky was terrible last night. He was getting knocked on his a s s the entire game and was supposed to be on Kopitar during that breakaway. Throughout the playoffs he has consistentently sucked for us.

#309 losdiablos103

losdiablos103

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 891 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 10:46 AM

We MUST win game 2. Cannot go down 0-2 against this team or it might be a sweep. Zidlicky was terrible last night. He was getting knocked on his a s s the entire game and was supposed to be on Kopitar during that breakaway. Throughout the playoffs he has consistentently sucked for us.

THIS. Minus the bolded part. He was great vs the Flyers. Cooled off vs the Rags and sucked last night.
Posted Image Posted Image

#310 mouse

mouse

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,510 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 10:51 AM

We need to put hard shots on Quick, and preferably force him to move laterally. After the Queen, I'm not impressed at all with Quick's ability to go from side to side. We can't pass as much, their d is too good and too fast, and less interested in shot blocking than the Rags. Park some big bodies in the crease, then put shots on net from the circles and point. I'd consider playing Sykkie to see if he can work some magic with the shot, maybe put him on a line with Zubs.

Parise whiffing is already giving me a headache this morning. Whatever. It was obvious the Kings watched a lot of tape, the first and second periods the Devils were skating in sand trying to pass out of the zone on the breakouts. Played right into the Kings hands. Have to skate until you face pressure at least.

This. They also clearly watched the Devils forecheck, they were ready for a couple of the moves that beat the Rags and Flyers. We need to get a little more creative.

Edited by mouse, 31 May 2012 - 10:49 AM.

Sumus Legio
You don't turn this around in a couple shifts. Its going to take a little time, but I know the guys will come back. Because I can see it. -- Jacques Lemaire

sguq.jpg

#311 95Crash

95Crash

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,979 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 10:59 AM

For you WWE fans, Edge was at the game last night and he brought along his girlfriend Beth Phoenix. Edge rules...

Posted Image

And for all of you Jets fans, Rex Ryan and family were there too.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#312 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,364 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 11:34 AM

Does anyone think we will make any lineup changes for Game 2?

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

#313 ZeroGravityFat

ZeroGravityFat

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 11:36 AM

doubt it, maybe mix up the lines but no changes.

martyb.jpg
Proud Winner of the 2012 Sergei Brylin Award and 2011 Andy Greene Award, Official keeper of Doc and Chico's random ramblings during play in blowout games

#314 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,364 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 11:40 AM

We need to get back to the mentality we had vs the Queen...don't try to make it too fancy just get pucks on net and get some traffic. Good things happen! Rebound goals, deflections, etc. Make it ugly boys! JUST WIN!

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

#315 njdevils783

njdevils783

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,083 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 12:16 PM

And for all of you Jets fans, Rex Ryan and family were there too.

Posted Image

Posted Image

well at least now we know why we lost. May I change your socks? I like feet. I do not know why.
Posted Image

#316 jbgordon

jbgordon

Draft Pick

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 12:21 PM

http://video.thescor...rter-share-salt

Can't figure out how to embed video. Any help?

Edited by jbgordon, 31 May 2012 - 12:22 PM.

#317 RunninWithTheDevil

RunninWithTheDevil

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,313 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 12:29 PM

okay guys, kovy and zach weren't too great last night, but I feel like the Devils will steal the next game, then after game 3 we'll see more of the period-by-period winning that we've seen in the first 3 rounds.

Winner of the 2010 UDX Signature Award

NJDEVS.COM KEEPER OF: Brendan Shanahan, Continental Airlines Arena, First game at The Rock, Chuck the Duck, New Goal Horn, Devils' Dancers, Chico Eats, Rock Your Red, Clemmers Shut-out against the Rangers

#318 Chuck the Duck

Chuck the Duck

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,577 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 01:02 PM

http://video.thescore.com/watch/kovalchuk-and-carter-share-salt

Can't figure out how to embed video. Any help?

I played in 1 of the Devils fantasy camp games on the Prudential Center ice following the game against the Blackhawks in March and I was amazed by how many of the smelling salts packets littered the bench area. I was also surprised by how high the benches sit compared to normal rinks like Mennen. Jim Dowd claims it keeps blood going to your feet while you sit on the bench. Little things that you would never think of.

Edited by Chuck the Duck, 31 May 2012 - 01:03 PM.

Posted Image

#319 Chuck the Duck

Chuck the Duck

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,577 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 01:08 PM

well at least now we know why we lost. May I change your socks? I like feet. I do not know why.

Sexy Rexy has been to a number of Devils games before. I don't like the Jets (mainly because of his incessant trash talking without having any substance to back it up) and generally don't like him as a coach, but I do like how he seems to be yelling at the refs in t he top picture.

Maybe he can pump up the team with one of his motivational speeches...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uc8Uxzoqzj0
Posted Image

#320 RunninWithTheDevil

RunninWithTheDevil

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,313 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 01:19 PM

Sexy Rexy has been to a number of Devils games before. I don't like the Jets (mainly because of his incessant trash talking without having any substance to back it up) and generally don't like him as a coach, but I do like how he seems to be yelling at the refs in t he top picture.

Maybe he can pump up the team with one of his motivational speeches...

that was ridiculously awesome!

Winner of the 2010 UDX Signature Award

NJDEVS.COM KEEPER OF: Brendan Shanahan, Continental Airlines Arena, First game at The Rock, Chuck the Duck, New Goal Horn, Devils' Dancers, Chico Eats, Rock Your Red, Clemmers Shut-out against the Rangers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users