363 replies to this topic

#321 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,427 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 01:48 PM

Non-game question. Where was the usual pre-game pomp? Do they not do that anymore.... I was looking forward to individual player intros, lasers, lights, flames coming out of gantries, etc. It was pretty much the same thing as usual.

#322 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,407 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 01:55 PM

How nice was it to see a real hockey game though?

this is an adorable series because both teams are youthful. It's a mess a lot of the time out there but it's coming from such a great place on both sides. So many possibilities!!! Both sides have so many glaring holes. but both have such great energy and sense of fun and desperation. This was just a joy to watch! No matter the outcome they'll be saying "Whoa they'll be back..." at the end of it. So different from the Rangers where you think Yeah -- they'll clearly be back.... but when you really think about it there really is no where for them to go -- they're pretty boxed in whereas these 2 teams ... so fresh and exciting.

:wub: Great playoffs IMO

I'm here for the party

#323 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,983 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 02:05 PM

Sexy Rexy has been to a number of Devils games before. I don't like the Jets (mainly because of his incessant trash talking without having any substance to back it up) and generally don't like him as a coach, but I do like how he seems to be yelling at the refs in t he top picture.

Maybe he can pump up the team with one of his motivational speeches...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uc8Uxzoqzj0

Nah, that's Rex reacting when they put Antrell Rolle up on the jumbotron. Rex is pissed he didn't get to do a crowd pump-up video. Sorry, Rex only Super Bowl champs get a pump-up video. :P
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#324 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 11,973 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 02:08 PM

The Devils will now have to try something that only the 1991 Penguins have done since the post-expansion era (could be a lot longer, but I know for sure from then), and that would be winning the Stanley Cup while being down in all 4 playoff series.

logokx.jpg

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#325 Chuck the Duck

Chuck the Duck

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,530 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 02:19 PM

Nah, that's Rex reacting when they put Antrell Rolle up on the jumbotron. Rex is pissed he didn't get to do a crowd pump-up video. Sorry, Rex only Super Bowl champs get a pump-up video. :P

Come to think of it, they put Chris Snee and his kids, Edge, and a few former Devils players on the jumbotron, and used the video of Antrell Rolle of the "Super Bowl Champion New York Giants" to pump up the crowd. But I didn't see a shot of Rex and his family throughout the game.
Posted Image

#326 Mayday

Mayday

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 838 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 02:32 PM

That Kings breakout is a thing of beauty. Gotta give credit where it's due. We haven't faced something like that before.

Still have faith in DeBo & Co. They've made the proper adjustments after two Game 1 losses now. Let's make it three.

LGD!

The Kings do a good job of passing by the forecheckers to breakout. I wonder maybe if we should try clogging the neutral zone more to try to block passes and ride the wings and center. This way their defense will have to carry more.

#327 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,983 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 02:38 PM

Come to think of it, they put Chris Snee and his kids, Edge, and a few former Devils players on the jumbotron, and used the video of Antrell Rolle of the "Super Bowl Champion New York Giants" to pump up the crowd. But I didn't see a shot of Rex and his family throughout the game.

That was probably strategic. :P
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#328 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,714 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 02:47 PM

eventhough we lost and minus the first goal am i the only one who think Brodeur actually played better than Quick? i may be wrong but im under that impression

www.SterioDesign.com

#329 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,675 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 03:09 PM

The Kings do a good job of passing by the forecheckers to breakout. I wonder maybe if we should try clogging the neutral zone more to try to block passes and ride the wings and center. This way their defense will have to carry more.

But the trap will ruin hockey!!! :giggle:
Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#330 95Crash

95Crash

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,950 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 03:16 PM

Non-game question. Where was the usual pre-game pomp? Do they not do that anymore.... I was looking forward to individual player intros, lasers, lights, flames coming out of gantries, etc. It was pretty much the same thing as usual.

Good question. I guess we'll have to wait and see if LA does anything special on Monday. And if they do, then perhaps the Devils dropped the ball -- or maybe they pruposely cut that stuff out in order to maximize profits and reduce their debt, haha.

On the plus side, Arlette must be happy. The whole country got to see her sing the National Anthem.

Edited by 95Crash, 31 May 2012 - 03:43 PM.

#331 ZeroGravityFat

ZeroGravityFat

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,780 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 03:29 PM

they couldn't fit him in.

martyb.jpg
Proud Winner of the 2012 Sergei Brylin Award and 2011 Andy Greene Award, Official keeper of Doc and Chico's random ramblings during play in blowout games

#332 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,063 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 03:42 PM

A) Rex has been photographed in a Canes jersey and I think a Flyers one too...not sure he's a 'real' Devils fan anyway
B) They clearly are trying to capitalize on the Giants' SB win by showing them on the jumbotron, as opposed to the Jets who would probably get booed. 208 almost broke out in open civil war with the mocking of the Jets during the playoffs last year :P

I honestly don't remember that from 2003 but I could bother to pop in an ESPN tape of Game 1 or Game 7, amazingly I didn't miss much from what went on last night. I figured I'd be lucky to get there for the puck drop cause I had a prior commitment and couldn't start on my way there till 7:15. Of course I couldn't find a spot in the lot I normally had to park in but still wound up getting to my seat just in time for the intro video.

On the way out it was a mess though, with all the blocked off and one-way roads we wound up driving around for like a half hour after the game (after I went the wrong way trying to find the parking lot walking out). The other way is so much easier to get out of - and on top of it that lot's $5 cheaper than the one we were in last night.

Edited by NJDevs4978, 31 May 2012 - 03:47 PM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#333 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,323 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 03:45 PM

Good question. I guess we'll have to wait and see if LA does anything special on Monday. And if they do, then perhaps the Devils dropped the ball -- or maybe they pruposely cut that stuff out in order to maximize profits and reduce their debt, haha.

On the plus side, Arlette must be happy. The whole country got to see her sing the National Anthem.

I feel like Arlette may be a damn jinx...

She definitely sung before Game 3 of the ECF vs Rags...LOSS

She sung last night...LOSS

I cannot remember, did she sing before Games 4 and/or 6 vs the Rags?

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

#334 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,063 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 03:49 PM

Arlette's been singing like every game of the last couple rounds lol. And she was a good luck charm throughout 2003 too, she definitely sings all the big games. No Brett Russo performances in June.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#335 SuperPuddy

SuperPuddy

Prospect

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 03:51 PM

eventhough we lost and minus the first goal am i the only one who think Brodeur actually played better than Quick? i may be wrong but im under that impression

I don't know how you can compare
Marty made some great saves, but he let in a soft goal and was beaten on a breakaway.
Quick also made some great saves, got beaten on a fluke goal that bounced off of his own deference man, and got bailed out twice by the inability of the Devils to shoot a puck into an open net, and bailed out again by Parise using his glove instead of a stick to score.

If you want to make a comparison between Marty and Quick go here:
Marty = Automatic entry into the Hall of Fame as soon as he is eligible.
Quick = Needs 20 more seasons like this one, and a few Cups to even be considered.

#336 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,778 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 04:02 PM

I don't know how you can compare
Marty made some great saves, but he let in a soft goal and was beaten on a breakaway.
Quick also made some great saves, got beaten on a fluke goal that bounced off of his own deference man, and got bailed out twice by the inability of the Devils to shoot a puck into an open net, and bailed out again by Parise using his glove instead of a stick to score.

If you want to make a comparison between Marty and Quick go here:
Marty = Automatic entry into the Hall of Fame as soon as he is eligible.
Quick = Needs 20 more seasons like this one, and a few Cups to even be considered.

I still don't understand how being beaten on a breakaway in overtime against a talent like Kopitar is considered "bad."

#337 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,675 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 04:18 PM

I feel like Arlette may be a damn jinx...

She definitely sung before Game 3 of the ECF vs Rags...LOSS

She sung last night...LOSS

I cannot remember, did she sing before Games 4 and/or 6 vs the Rags?

I think she sang before every game of the playoffs.
Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#338 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,323 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 04:21 PM

I think she sang before every game of the playoffs.

In that case, she still has a winning record...

She better chalk up another W on Saturday!

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

#339 Devs4LordStanley

Devs4LordStanley

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 04:37 PM

Funny moment (sorry if already posted):

Let's Go Devils!

@NTylerNJD

#340 mikepeluso8

mikepeluso8

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 387 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 04:38 PM

everytime Arlette comes out...

I always scream out "AWLETTEEEEEEEEE" in my most 'hood conscious' voice.

It's fun, try it.
DIE HARD DEVILS FAN SINCE '90

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users