363 replies to this topic

#361 95Crash

95Crash

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,985 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 09:16 PM

What happened with the crowd in game 1? TSN Panel was saying how dead it was during pregame and when the puck dropped, and it sounded that way on TV as well. Nothing compared to every other game in the playoffs. They quoted unnamed players that couldn't believe how flat it was. I guess the players were too.

Hope game 2 is better.

Well, they said they noticed it from the pregame. It was a bad beginning, but this is the Finals. The crowd has to be a source of energy regardless how the team is. And I thought they were like that all playoffs right from puck drop with huge chants even against Florida. Oh well.

Watching it on TV, I thought the same thing. Something was missing. I wonder if this had anything to do with it:

Non-game question. Where was the usual pre-game pomp? Do they not do that anymore.... I was looking forward to individual player intros, lasers, lights, flames coming out of gantries, etc. It was pretty much the same thing as usual.

#362 thelastonealive

thelastonealive

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,913 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 09:46 PM

I could hardly hear the crowd either - I assumed it was an NBC thing, because I don't see why our crowd would be so incredibly quiet to start the game considering how great it's been all throughout the playoffs up to that point.

Proud recipient of the 2011-'12 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster, the  2007-'08, 2008-'09, and 2009-'10 Lady Byng Award for Nicest Poster, 

the 2008-'09 Bobby Holik Award for Funniest Poster, and the 2009-'10 NJDevs.com Stanley Cup for Best Overall Poster.
2009 NJDevs.com Survival League Football Champion

#363 Mayday

Mayday

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 10:24 PM

of course the one time its quiet were on national television and in the finals

#364 devlman

devlman

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,963 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 11:21 PM

I could hardly hear the crowd either - I assumed it was an NBC thing, because I don't see why our crowd would be so incredibly quiet to start the game considering how great it's been all throughout the playoffs up to that point.

IVE BEEN SAYING FROM THE START THAT NBC HASN'T BEEN MIKING OUR CROWDS WELL AT ALL.

Game 1 was rocking, just like every other game so far at the rock.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users