Time for Elias to get off the schneid. I think we'll see a big game from him

#42 nyrsuck26

nyrsuck26

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,553 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 11:14 AM

Let's go boys! This is where we show the world that we should not be underestimated! :burn:
Posted ImagePosted Image

#43 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,399 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 11:23 AM

Time for Elias to get off the schneid. I think we'll see a big game from him

Let's hope so. I love that Elias has a role to play but of all players who have played at least 17 of the games, being last in points is just unacceptable.

gallery_47_36_882.png of No One
Proud to be King of the Kovalnuts (Est. June 2010 by MantaRay)

#44 DobaMB30

DobaMB30

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 58 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 11:41 AM

Per McKenzie, Arlette is singing the anthem, this game just got that much better. :koolaid:

yeah if the series goes down to the Anthem singer were absolutely Fvcked !!

Posted Image

Pia Toscano is a ROCKET !!
Posted Image

#45 pleasepassthesoup

pleasepassthesoup

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 72 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 11:47 AM

Let's hope so. I love that Elias has a role to play but of all players who have played at least 17 of the games, being last in points is just unacceptable.

Yeah. he's still brought a lot to the table defensively, but they're going to need him to help out in the offensive zone a lot more.

#46 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,912 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 11:51 AM

Then it all crashes dooooownnn and you break your croooooownnn
and you point your fiiinger but there's no one aroooound
Just want one thiiiing Just to play the kiiiiiiing
But the castle's crumbled and you're left with just a name
Where's your crown, King NOTHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIING?

:burn:

www.SterioDesign.com

#47 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,515 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 11:53 AM

It hasn't hurt the Devils much so far, which is a testament to their balance (and their fourth line). He's got 48 SOG, so it least it's not like he's not getting any opportunities...if he can keep up that rate, maybe they start to go in for him.

I'd to see him get it going too...to me, every series in the NHL playoffs is a new beginning...so who knows, maybe he finds a little more offense against the Kings.
THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#48 thelastonealive

thelastonealive

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,914 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 11:59 AM

Proud recipient of the 2011-'12 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster, the  2007-'08, 2008-'09, and 2009-'10 Lady Byng Award for Nicest Poster, 

the 2008-'09 Bobby Holik Award for Funniest Poster, and the 2009-'10 NJDevs.com Stanley Cup for Best Overall Poster.
2009 NJDevs.com Survival League Football Champion

#49 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,912 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 12:05 PM

eventhough its not acceptable its somewhat a good sign... Elias is aging and won't be around forever, he did play poorly in the playoffs and we're still there, it's a good sign for the future

www.SterioDesign.com

#50 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,399 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 12:08 PM

It hasn't hurt the Devils much so far, which is a testament to their balance (and their fourth line). He's got 48 SOG, so it least it's not like he's not getting any opportunities...if he can keep up that rate, maybe they start to go in for him.

I'd to see him get it going too...to me, every series in the NHL playoffs is a new beginning...so who knows, maybe he finds a little more offense against the Kings.

Yes, this could be HIS series and you are right the SOG are there. But I haven't loved how he's moved the puck these playoffs. Also, let me offer up the paradigm shift: if everything in the playoffs happens the same way except the Rangers score in OT and then win game 7, people here would be blasting Elias's playoff performance. It is the nuance of an OT goal that changes all that. It is what it is though and he's still Patrik Elias - we've won without him scoring so he gets another chance.

The SOG don't matter to me either because it's not a part of his game that means much to me; putting shots on net that is. I even personally never understood it when people are like, "Elias is not scoring." Even though he has plenty of career goals, I never expect goals out of him. What I do expect however is assists/points in general. When Patrik Elias has 2 assists in 18 playoff games, there IS a problem...period. Excuse me....when Patrik Elias has half the assists Stephen Gionta does - there IS a problem.

#51 TheMazz

TheMazz

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,340 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 12:10 PM

Kings in 2 brah.

n2eg.jpg

#52 giodude

giodude

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 91 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 12:20 PM

Told my Boss im leaving early today (this is my first week at this job btw) He asked why. Told him its SCF Devs. He chuckled and said "Gotta rep NJ, Go Devils" He doesn't follow sports but my God am I happy I got this job!
!
LET'S GO DEVILS
Posted Image

#53 aylbert

aylbert

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,328 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 12:22 PM

Posted Image

I see you're vacuum and raise you a robot!

Posted Image

Let's Go Robots Devils!

image-300x225.jpg

| 2012 Season | NJDevs FHL Champion | 2013 Season |
| 2014 Season | 

#54 Kovy138

Kovy138

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 401 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 12:25 PM

Told my Boss im leaving early today (this is my first week at this job btw) He asked why. Told him its SCF Devs. He chuckled and said "Gotta rep NJ, Go Devils" He doesn't follow sports but my God am I happy I got this job!
!
LET'S GO DEVILS

thats awesome that he's cool about you leaving early, man. i've been secretly sneaking out of work early on game nights.. havent been caught yet, so ill be doing the same tonight haha. LETS FVCKING GO DEVILS!!!!! :burn: :burn: :burn: !!!!!
LET'S GO DEVILS

#55 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,399 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 12:38 PM

!
LET'S GO DEVILS

A first post telling us how you've basically set yourself on a course to get fired Posted Image, all for the Devils, is a great first post. Welcome to the boards.

Edited by ben00rs, 30 May 2012 - 12:38 PM.

#56 giodude

giodude

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 91 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 12:42 PM

A first post telling us how you've basically set yourself on a course to get fired Posted Image, all for the Devils, is a great first post. Welcome to the boards.

Hahaha I was only 13 years old last time we won the cup so i don't remember it so perfectly. So this time I could care less about some $11/hr job, once and a lifetime oppurtunity to go to a SCF Game. WON'T MISS IT FOR ANYTHING!!!

Section 212 for $195 was well worth it. DEVS BABY!!
Posted Image

#57 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,341 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 12:44 PM

I posted this in the .gif/photoshop thread, but I don't think anyone saw it- can someone with some good photoshop/graphic design skills make a BEAT LA image with a Devils logo or pertaining to the Devils in some way? Only ones I could find online are very Boston-centric.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#58 giodude

giodude

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 91 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 12:44 PM

thats awesome that he's cool about you leaving early, man. i've been secretly sneaking out of work early on game nights.. havent been caught yet, so ill be doing the same tonight haha. LETS FVCKING GO DEVILS!!!!! :burn: :burn: :burn: !!!!!

Clever, I like your style. I would probably be going at it that way also if this wasn't my first week of the job hahaha. Let's get that first win!!!!!!!!!!!! :evil:
Posted Image

#59 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,912 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 12:48 PM

I posted this in the .gif/photoshop thread, but I don't think anyone saw it- can someone with some good photoshop/graphic design skills make a BEAT LA image with a Devils logo or pertaining to the Devils in some way? Only ones I could find online are very Boston-centric.

i'd do it but im rushing to finish a website design and other stuff before the game starts

hard enough to concentrate and focus on my work jesus christ

www.SterioDesign.com

#60 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,399 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 12:51 PM

i'd do it but im rushing to finish a website design and other stuff before the game starts

hard enough to concentrate and focus on my work jesus christ

You are so selfish Stereo - why do yo think we're payin ya? Now that ya did the Flyers tee, we've got expectations.

Edited by ben00rs, 30 May 2012 - 12:52 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users