#1 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,341 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 12:36 PM

Beaten Rangers live it up

Losing in the playoffs didn’t stop the New York Rangers from celebrating hard over the weekend. On Friday night, after being eliminated by the New Jersey Devils, Henrik Lundqvist, Brandon Dubinsky, Stu Bickel and Mats Zuccarello were spotted partying at 1Oak until late. The following night, Lundqvist and his group joined the rest of their teammates for dinner at Meatpacking District eatery Catch. The crew, which also included Brian Boyle, Brad Richards, Brandon Prust, Michael Del Zotto, Steve Eminger, Ryan McDonagh and Jeff Woywitka, “toasted with beers in hand” and gave each other shout-outs.

Read more: http://www.nypost.co...M#ixzz1wNLnkTWe
^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#2 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,601 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 12:45 PM

Prust, Eminger, Woywitka - All UFA's soon anyway - might as well enjoy NYC while they can.

gallery_47_36_882.png of No One
Proud to be King of the Kovalnuts (Est. June 2010 by MantaRay)

#3 NJCroMag

NJCroMag

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,437 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 12:49 PM

The crew, which also included Brian Boyle, Brad Richards, Brandon Prust, Michael Del Zotto, Steve Eminger, Ryan McDonagh and Jeff Woywitka, “toasted with beers in hand”...

I was there and overheard the toast. It was:

"HAIL THE VICTORIOUS DEVILS! THE NEW YORK RANGERS WISH YOU WELL IN YOUR SERIES AGAINST THE KINGS!"

I was taken aback by it, admittedly.

Good sports, those guys.
"A lot o' people don't realize what's really going on. They view life as a bunch o' unconnected incidents 'n things. They don't realize that there's this, like, lattice o' coincidence that lays on top o' everything. Give you an example; show you what I mean: suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness."

#4 Legion15

Legion15

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,897 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 12:59 PM

wow, if that's actually the way it went down, they are either not the sore losers I take them to be or they were just drunk off their asses. Their fans could learn a lot from their team off the ice, like not acting so butthurt we beat them in a high profile matchup!

WtnoJnL.jpg
One Day at a Time

#5 RunninWithTheDevil

RunninWithTheDevil

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,400 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 01:12 PM

"HAIL THE VICTORIOUS DEVILS! THE NEW YORK RANGERS WISH YOU WELL IN YOUR SERIES AGAINST THE KINGS!"

Good sports, those guys.

.......wait really

Winner of the 2010 UDX Signature Award

NJDEVS.COM KEEPER OF: Brendan Shanahan, Continental Airlines Arena, First game at The Rock, Chuck the Duck, New Goal Horn, Devils' Dancers, Chico Eats, Rock Your Red, Clemmers Shut-out against the Rangers

#6 Unknown Soul

Unknown Soul

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 02:52 PM

didn't Zuccarello just sign with a KHL team?

#7 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,464 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 03:00 PM

didn't Zuccarello just sign with a KHL team?

Offers, but not signed.

#8 halfsharkalligatorhalfman

halfsharkalligatorhalfman

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,820 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 04:03 PM

They had a great year, they earned it. There's no shame in losing to the best.
Devils Fan: 1994-2012
Sharks Fan: 2012-?
Posted Image

#9 Devlin

Devlin

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 615 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 04:07 PM

Good sports, those guys.

Need audio!

Sent from my SCH-I800 using Tapatalk 2

#10 MDPucks

MDPucks

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,427 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 04:50 PM

Honestly I'd expect nothing else from any hockey team that's united. Whether you're playing in a 2:30 a.m. men's league or in the NHL there's always a toast over a few brews once your season ends clutching a trophy or not.

Good for the Rangers. See you next year (when hopefully the Devils kick their rear ends again)!

:cheers:

Edited by mdsieve, 30 May 2012 - 04:54 PM.

#11 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,801 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 06:47 PM

Haha guys there's no way they did that toast, NJCroMag is just being a jokester as usual. :lol:
"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#12 Hades

Hades

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 08:20 PM

Torts was at home modeling his Brodeur pajamas.

#13 DevilMinder

DevilMinder

Owner / Administrator

• Admin
  • 9,084 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 09:02 PM

how did his balls look in them

#14 Hades

Hades

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 09:32 PM

Can't tell if he has any, but you could see his jam.

#15 Onddeck

Onddeck

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,159 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 10:57 PM

Even I'd that toast didn't happen... I don't blame th rags at all, I'd do the same thing

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

#16 NJCroMag

NJCroMag

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,437 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 05:55 AM

Haha guys there's no way they did that toast, NJCroMag is just being a jokester as usual. :lol:

I'm a baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad boy.

[giggles]
"A lot o' people don't realize what's really going on. They view life as a bunch o' unconnected incidents 'n things. They don't realize that there's this, like, lattice o' coincidence that lays on top o' everything. Give you an example; show you what I mean: suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness."

#17 Matteau#32

Matteau#32

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,003 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 07:47 AM

Not a big deal, imo. Whether they go out or stay home and sulk doesn't change the outcome of the series. For a long time, I have thought the fans take the losses harder than the players. Bottom line for the players, it is a job. Lundqvist has been a Ranger for 7 seasons, I have been a season ticket holder for 14 and a fan for almost 30 years now. He could get traded tomorrow and he will still keep playing. I am not about to switch my favorite team and if the Rangers folded as a franchise or moved I don't think I would adopt a new favorite team.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#18 Devils Pride 26

Devils Pride 26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,099 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 10:16 AM

Not a big deal, imo. Whether they go out or stay home and sulk doesn't change the outcome of the series. For a long time, I have thought the fans take the losses harder than the players. Bottom line for the players, it is a job. Lundqvist has been a Ranger for 7 seasons, I have been a season ticket holder for 14 and a fan for almost 30 years now. He could get traded tomorrow and he will still keep playing. I am not about to switch my favorite team and if the Rangers folded as a franchise or moved I don't think I would adopt a new favorite team.

I can agree with this. Much like when you are watching something you feel much more nervous than playing in the actual game, knowing that while watching, you cannot impact the outcome in any way, shape or form. Easier for someone who was playing in the game to say 'Well, you got us', than a fan.

#19 jim777

jim777

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,627 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 10:48 AM

Every team changes personnel at the end of the year, and these guys fought a lot of battles together. I'm not surprised they are hanging out, having a few good meals and reliving the good times. I thought it would be very odd if they weren't, actually. I can just imagine the conversations.....

Rug 1: "Remember when I fell flat on the ice to block that shot?"
Rug 2: "Dude, that was awesome! Hey, do you remember that time i slid across the ice to block that guy's shot?"
Rug 3: "I remember that! That was epic bro! You slid like 10 feet!"
Queen: "I probably could have stopped that one you know, but yeah, great slide dude"
Rug 1: "This miller Lite is too strong, I need more ice in mine"

gallery_47_36_882.png   # 44, Stephane Richer

believe-elias.jpg

"bring knee pads...wear flattering attire...hair and makeup should be performance ready" -from Devils Dance Team audition notice

#20 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,464 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 05:43 PM

Offers, but not signed.

Zuccarello has signed with the KHL now lol.

Edited by ghdi, 01 June 2012 - 05:43 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users