I'm on board.

#22 theamazingtiny

theamazingtiny

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,557 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 11:53 PM

They've become a farm system for the rest of the league, developing great talent that is eventually poached by those paying more, yet they routinely rank among the league's best. - AOL Sports

Posted Image

#23 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,894 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 11:53 PM

I'm definitely on board. Kings have won each of these games by the slimmest of margins. This isn't over and not by a long shot.

Let's go fvck'n Devils!!!

:koolaid: :koolaid: :koolaid: :koolaid: :koolaid:
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#24 chaos212

chaos212

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 73 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 12:38 AM

Good to see not everyone has jumped ship. Keep the faith my brethren

Sent from my Moto Defy using Tapatalk 2

#25 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,801 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 12:47 AM

This series could just as easily be 2-0 Devils. Anyone saying the series is done is just not watching the games or is one of those people that ends every facebook status with "FML."
"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#26 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,382 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 12:49 AM

Can't say I'm on board, but I do know this: Whatever the outcome I'm proudly going to be hanging a Devils banner in my classroom at the beginning of the school year.

mk6ihcS.gif?1

#27 grcenter47

grcenter47

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,341 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 12:59 AM

Their time is done. It's over. I'm sick and tired of hearin' about what a great hockey team the Kings have. Screw them! This is your time!! Now go out there and take it! :gd:

Edited by grcenter47, 03 June 2012 - 01:01 AM.

#28 Troy from NJ

Troy from NJ

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 747 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 01:31 AM

One week from tonight, the Devils will have just finished beating LA yet again and hold a 3-2 lead in this series. Have faith!
"What's the difference between a catfish and Rangers Fan?
One is a low life bottom feeder that lives on the feces of others. The other is a fish"

Official Keeper of THE BUD LIGHT GOAL BAR
Posted Image

#29 Revan

Revan

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,522 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 04:57 AM

I stuck with this team all year. I sure as hell ain't giving up now!

Plus, I don't watch baseball. What the hell else am I going to do? ... Haha!

Well, EURO 2012 in soccer starts in Poland and Ukraine this Friday... :D

All we gotta do to make it a series is win Game 3. This is the series. If we lose, it's over, but a win would pull us within one. Down 2-1 after three games? I've heard that somewhere already...

The Devils need to come out swinging on Monday. This is what made them successful in these playoffs: score a goal before your opponents know what hit 'em, add another one for good measure and try to control the play. So far, they haven't been able to do that this series and this might be the key. The Kings haven't faced true pressure this spring, really and they have yet to trail in a SCF game. Time to strike first and see how they manage when it's them who need to tie things up.

Edited by Revan, 03 June 2012 - 04:59 AM.

#30 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,141 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 06:23 AM

If you quit on the Devils after being down 2-0, you don't deserve to post on this website.

2008, 2010, 2011 Pat Burns winner for 'Most emotional poster'
2011 UDX Signature award winner

Posted Image

#31 hattrick

hattrick

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,382 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 06:49 AM

Now we will see how resilient and gutty the Devils are. Are they capable of winning the next 4 out 5 games vs the Kings?
Good Is Not Good Where Better Is Expected

#32 slasher72

slasher72

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 08:11 AM

Well, EURO 2012 in soccer starts in Poland and Ukraine this Friday... :D

All we gotta do to make it a series is win Game 3. This is the series. If we lose, it's over, but a win would pull us within one. Down 2-1 after three games? I've heard that somewhere already...

The Devils need to come out swinging on Monday. This is what made them successful in these playoffs: score a goal before your opponents know what hit 'em, add another one for good measure and try to control the play. So far, they haven't been able to do that this series and this might be the key. The Kings haven't faced true pressure this spring, really and they have yet to trail in a SCF game. Time to strike first and see how they manage when it's them who need to tie things up.

In the immortal words of Rocky Balboa..

"It ain’t about how hard you hit, it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. . It's how much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done."

Game 3 for the Devils is do or die. Time to ante up.

#33 skullsmasher

skullsmasher

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 706 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 08:36 AM

WOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Were in this thing! Even if we split LA we win game 5 and it's 3-2 just where we were against NY!!!!

LETS GO DEVILS

#34 Jas0nMacIsaac

Jas0nMacIsaac

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,373 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 08:42 AM

They need a spark regardless if they were the better team last night. Tallinder/Larsson should come in place of Harrold. They should try to get Kovalchuk on the 3rd line as well.

Parise - Zajac - Zubrus
Elias- Henrique - Clarkson
Ponikarovki - Josefson - Kovalchuk
A true leader is one who knows when to step aside for others to lead.

#35 socbrian

socbrian

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 136 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 09:05 AM

All we really need to do is Hit the Darn Net. Never seen us miss the net as much.

btw if the announcer try to analyze how to score on quick again I'm flip. Thank god were back on NBC sports for game 3. Less commercials, feel like every-time we start buzzing in their end, we have to see Peggy..

#36 Jimmy Leeds

Jimmy Leeds

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,389 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 09:06 AM

WOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Were in this thing! Even if we split LA we win game 5 and it's 3-2 just where we were against NY!!!!

LETS GO DEVILS

Ummmmmm...........you'd better look back, we were 3-2 up against the Rag$, not down.
I DRINK LOU-AID
Posted Image

Posted Image

Kill Mumia

#37 DevilMinder

DevilMinder

Owner / Administrator

• Admin
  • 9,047 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 09:20 AM

How anyone could give up already is beyond belief. The object of our dreams is 4 games away still, it has been a long road to just sit down and watch the Kings take it.

The Devils have won four in a row before, and they will do it again. DEVILS!

#38 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,695 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 09:21 AM

Well they already won four in a row against the Flyers and four out of five against the Rangers...either one would do the trick now.

Edited by NJDevs4978, 03 June 2012 - 09:23 AM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#39 capo

capo

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 849 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 09:23 AM

In '03 the Devils won the first two then lost games 3 and 4. The defensemen have cost them dearly so far... Both Larsson and Tallinder need to be in game 3. Harrold and Salvador should be out. Harrold is easy but Sal will never come out. The D can't make a proper decision with the puck in their own end or keep up with anyone. It's dumb to have their two most mobile D sitting on the sideline. They can absolutely win this. This situation isn't as dire as 2000 against the Flyers. But to do it the D has to be changed. They are in a luxury where they can actually do it.

#40 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,732 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 09:25 AM

Still believin'...Devils may be down 2-0, but I honestly believe they have nothing to be ashamed of...they haven't been perfect, but they haven't played badly, and haven't had the best of puck luck. I'm bummed that they've lost two games, but I've rarely found myself getting pissed about individual performances...I'll admit that I wouldn't ordinarily have much faith in a team that had just lost two home games and now has to win at least two road games to win the Cup, but I do think this group has a chance to pull it off.
THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users