133 replies to this topic

#41 skullsmasher

skullsmasher

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 706 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 09:31 AM

Ummmmmm...........you'd better look back, we were 3-2 up against the Rag$, not down.

Woops....

#42 Devs3cups

Devs3cups

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,618 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 09:31 AM

After watching the game yesterday, honestly, I was thinking this series was over.
But after remembering what this team has accomplished during these playoffs, I said to myself that it can't be over.
Gamer are tight, devils will come out strong in game 3!!
GO DEVILS!!!!

n2eg.jpg 

"BELIEVE in our team. We've had difficult momments as a fanbase, but we will get out of it"

#43 lazer

lazer

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 09:48 AM

if any team can do it, this one can.

just worried about injuries.

anyone can grunt one out, we need 4.

Edited by lazer, 03 June 2012 - 09:50 AM.

Posted Image

#44 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,364 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 09:53 AM

Just win Game 3...

JUST WIN

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

#45 HellOnICE

HellOnICE

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,674 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 09:56 AM

I just want them to get the pucks on net. I'm so sick of this team passing up shot opportunities. It's fvcking infuriating to watch.

Kings are good, Devils have been just OK. Tallinder will come in next game, wouldn't mind seeing Larsson too.

#46 njdjlc

njdjlc

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 135 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 09:58 AM

i still believe. they have done it in the past in 2000 being down 3-1. the veterans better step up and be heard

Let's Go Devils. I believe

#47 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,055 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 09:59 AM

No doubt game three is huge now and might decide the series.

We have won three games in a row during the playoffs against the rags and four games in a row against Philly. We can do the same against the kings.

I hope Deboer at least switches up the forward combos a little bit. It seemed like we got a little bit of offensive spark again towards the end with kovy and parise on the same line.

Clarkson and kovy have to be playing hurt. No other explanation for the way they are playing.

#48 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,344 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 10:10 AM

When I doubt them, they have proven me wrong, so I'm doubting them again.

Winner of the 2009-10 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster
Winner of the 2011-2012 RD Avatar Award

#49 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,364 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 10:24 AM

It is just painful to lose 2-1 in OT in consecutive games. We could just as easily be up 2-0. A split would have been great...but down 0-2 and heading to LA?!? Gonna be tough to win both there...

Let's just take Game 1 and go from there. I think we outplayed the Kings for the majority of both games, but the only thing that matters is how many pucks we get past Quick. I hope we come out shooting from everywhere and get a couple past Quick early to shut their crowd up!

LET'S GO DEVILS!!!

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

#50 LucifersDog

LucifersDog

Broken Record

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 10:33 AM

The round lady hasn't even started to the microphone.

Either we start scoring or stopping the soft goals. Not blaming Marty he has stopped some great shots but the rebounds are too many and the soft goal a game doesn't help. Last night he should have had both of those shots and we should have scored some of the open net goals.

#51 Mitico12

Mitico12

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,069 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 10:33 AM

I would be worried if we were outplayed outright. That hasn't been the case thus far. We just can't go out and lay an egg in the Staples Center.

Changes I would make for game 3:

1. Larsson has to play (replacing Harrold)
2. In an extreme move, maybe throw Hedberg in net to "jump" the team a little bit. Revert back to 1995 when Terreri did the same in Boston...

#52 95Crash

95Crash

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,984 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 10:36 AM

I just logged on here a few minutes ago. What happened to the Game 2 GDT? Did it disintegrate, LOL?

#53 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,744 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 10:43 AM

I just logged on here a few minutes ago. What happened to the Game 2 GDT? Did it disintegrate, LOL?

I read like 10 posts and it had descended into pointless bickering.

The Devils are really going to have to get some breaks to get back into this series, but I fully believe they can do it. There's just no margin for error now.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#54 95Crash

95Crash

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,984 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 10:47 AM

I read like 10 posts and it had descended into pointless bickering.

The Devils are really going to have to get some breaks to get back into this series, but I fully believe they can do it. There's just no margin for error now.

Ahhh, thanks. I hate when that happens.

#55 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,982 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 10:47 AM

Devils need to score first in game 3.

Majority of game 2 was painful to watch, for whatever the reason. If the Devils score first, and keep the pressure on the Kings, I like their chances.

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#56 Steven M.

Steven M.

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,011 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 11:24 AM

Right now, I'm not interested in stats or debates. I don't care what Kevin Weekes or Barry Melrose think. I don't care about history. I don't care about the 2011 Bruins. I don't care about the fact that Kovalchuk nearly blew the roof off the Rock in the dying seconds yesterday. I don't care that we have two goals in two games. I'm not interested in any cliche quotes the Devils will say to the media who are hungry to pounce on anything. This team has come too far to just be written off. The only thing I can muster up, is "Let's Go Devils." I have faith.

#57 Devs4LordStanley

Devs4LordStanley

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 11:39 AM

Let's Go Devils!

@NTylerNJD

#58 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,364 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 11:40 AM

I was mad at Marty after last night's game...won't lie. If he stopped that Doughty shot we would have won 1-0 in regulation. He did have a great game and did make a ton of spectacular saves...but he needed to be the difference last night and "steal " a game for us at home...and he couldn't do it. Quick did it twice in our building....

#59 grcenter47

grcenter47

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,326 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 11:51 AM

I was mad at Marty after last night's game...won't lie. If he stopped that Doughty shot we would have won 1-0 in regulation. He did have a great game and did make a ton of spectacular saves...but he needed to be the difference last night and "steal " a game for us at home...and he couldn't do it. Quick did it twice in our building....

well it helps if we scored more

#60 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,316 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 12:00 PM

Cowboy the fvck up boys, not over yet. I'm disappointed, but not ready to throw in the towel just yet. Let's get this thing even heading home.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users