133 replies to this topic

#61 HellOnICE

HellOnICE

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,659 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 12:02 PM

Thinking about it, and talking about it, I want both Tallinder and Larsson in there. We need some risk.

Tallinder-Larrson
Greene-Fayne
Salvadaor-Zidlicky

#62 sundstrom

sundstrom

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 8,250 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 12:19 PM

Thinking about it, and talking about it, I want both Tallinder and Larsson in there. We need some risk.

Tallinder-Larrson
Greene-Fayne
Salvadaor-Zidlicky

volchenkov has done nothing to deserve to be removed from the lineup. he was responsible for the one goal in game 1 and had several shots on goal last night as well as playing well in the d zone. i'm fine w/ one of larsson/tallinder in for harrold and i think it should be larsson. tallinder hasn't played since january. i appreciate how good he is, but now is not the time to insert someone like that back into the lineup.

Edited by sundstrom, 03 June 2012 - 12:20 PM.

"This team was never the same once we lost Patrik Sundstrom"- Lou Lamoriello

20082719943.png
“They’re the ones that makes it happen,” Lemaire said. “It’s not us. It’s not me. It’s not the other guy. It’s not the guy before. It’s not the guy after. It’s them. And they have to take care of business.”
-
"I guess I just miss my friend" (#28)

#63 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,775 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 12:21 PM

Harold was pretty decent last night and him and fayne were our best defenders. I'd anything it pains me to say this but greene deserves to sit in favor of tallinder.

#64 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,775 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 12:23 PM

I just logged on here a few minutes ago. What happened to the Game 2 GDT? Did it disintegrate, LOL?

People started ripping on the team after te kings scored and did so until the devils scored and that stopped until the kings scored and then the whole sweep and we are toast posts started coming up.

It was frustrating but I'm not giving up on this series until it is truly over.

#65 LucifersDog

LucifersDog

Broken Record

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 12:30 PM

I was mad at Marty after last night's game...won't lie. If he stopped that Doughty shot we would have won 1-0 in regulation. He did have a great game and did make a ton of spectacular saves...but he needed to be the difference last night and "steal " a game for us at home...and he couldn't do it. Quick did it twice in our building....

Absolutely correct

#66 HellOnICE

HellOnICE

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,659 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 12:41 PM

Of course it's Marty's fault. Why wouldn't he be, he's only been stellar so far.

#67 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,511 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 01:09 PM

volchenkov has done nothing to deserve to be removed from the lineup. he was responsible for the one goal in game 1 and had several shots on goal last night as well as playing well in the d zone. i'm fine w/ one of larsson/tallinder in for harrold and i think it should be larsson. tallinder hasn't played since january. i appreciate how good he is, but now is not the time to insert someone like that back into the lineup.

I think Harrold's played just fine also.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#68 lazer

lazer

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,716 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 01:16 PM

Tallinder-Larrson
Greene-Fayne
Salvadaor-Zidlicky

i dont know is zids hurt or not, sal has not missed a game, would be bold to bench him

no risk no fun

i think harrold looked ok...im not big on making a change for psychological reasons hah, if they do it or not it doesnt matter who is who, that goes for the whole team. pulling sal would shake up the locker room for sure.

edit:also, lars and tally have been talking strategy in the pressbox, would be juicy to see what they can do together.

Edited by lazer, 03 June 2012 - 01:26 PM.

Posted Image

#69 Onddeck

Onddeck

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,865 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 01:20 PM

zid surprisingly had several good looks last night, and obviously set up our only goal. i honestly don't know what i would like to see done with this lineup

really i think we are at a point where our stars need to step up

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

#70 losdiablos103

losdiablos103

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 889 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 01:22 PM

Marty almost pulled a Bryzgalov a few times in this series, and the Rags series. He's playing well, but the childish, flashy sh!t has to stop, along with the soft goals.

The D situation is a sticky one. I'd love to get some fresh legs out there tomorrow night and get this comeback started, but it's tough to see who to sit. Volchenkov in all honesty has to puck up his physical play. To me, it seems that ever since Zach Rinaldo hit him in the Series winning game vs Philly, he's been sort of timid. He had one good hit on Hagelin in the Rags series and a few hits last night, but he's gotta pick it up, or I'd sit him in favor of Tallinder.

LGD. Let's do it.
Posted Image Posted Image

#71 David Puddy

David Puddy

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,301 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 01:23 PM

C'mon guys, this thread is for POSITIVITY! Take the criticism somewhere else.
Posted Image

#72 lazer

lazer

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,716 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 01:30 PM

breath and believe

Edited by lazer, 03 June 2012 - 01:31 PM.

Posted Image

#73 RunninWithTheDevil

RunninWithTheDevil

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,282 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 01:50 PM

i believe

Winner of the 2010 UDX Signature Award

#74 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,511 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 01:53 PM

C'mon guys, this thread is for POSITIVITY! Take the criticism somewhere else.

This also, but someone took the Game 2 thread away.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#75 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,323 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 01:56 PM

Of course it's Marty's fault. Why wouldn't he be, he's only been stellar so far.

I'm not saying it is his fault, but he could have stole Game 2 for us and didn't...

Yes you can point to our inept offense as well, but we did get the *1* goal. Marty could have made it the game winner if he did not allow the Doughty shot to go by him...

Edited by ThreeCups, 03 June 2012 - 01:56 PM.

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

#76 Onddeck

Onddeck

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,865 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 01:56 PM

This also, but someone took the Game 2 thread away.

haha yeaaaa i noticed that... probably for the best, i was so fvcked up last night.

i abused that guy

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

#77 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,427 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 02:04 PM

You realize that *if* he stopped the Doughty shot the game plays out differently, right? So if he stopped it, or Ryan Carter took a penalty and gave the Kings brutally awful PP a chance, something else different just happens.

But it's NJDevs, so you know, whatever. 40 year old Marty Brodeur is supposed to outplay the best goalie in the world, who happens to be 26.
Uh huh. Good luck with that.

oh, and BTW, the fourth line went -1

#78 DevilinLA

DevilinLA

Trivia Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,221 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 02:06 PM

Distorted expectations.

I don't get why its OK to hold Marty to the expectations of 2003 (multiple playoff shutouts - because thats what will be needed apparently vs. the LAK in these tight games), yet no one expects other vets like Patrick Elias to be the Elias of 2000, 2003, or even 2006?

Players age and its expected that younger players pick up the slack. IF you think MB is going to be able to hold one goal games at 40 after a solid month of playing bring out your cassette tapes because its 2012.

That's the problem happening right now.
Posted Image
Sole Keeper of Anton Volchenkov
Sole Keeper of Mike Mottau #27
Keeper of Bryce Salvador #24

#79 leeski

leeski

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 72 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 02:07 PM

Those 2 empty net misses in Game 1 sure look tasty right about now. If not for those split seconds of pathetic failure this series could be drastically different right now.

#80 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,427 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 02:15 PM

Distorted expectations.

I don't get why its OK to hold Marty to the expectations of 2003 (multiple playoff shutouts - because thats what will be needed apparently vs. the LAK in these tight games), yet no one expects other vets like Patrick Elias to be the Elias of 2000, 2003, or even 2006?

Players age and its expected that younger players pick up the slack. IF you think MB is going to be able to hold one goal games at 40 after a solid month of playing bring out your cassette tapes because its 2012.

That's the problem happening right now.

And above that, his goaltending has been good in the playoffs, but really, his play coming out to get the puck has been cruical in the playoffs because this team is god-damn awful defensively when they get penned up in their own end. If you put another maybe "better" goalie in there, then they end up playing like the Rangers. The two players most likely to get them out and up are not defensemen, they're Marty and Kovy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users