• Please log in to reply
133 replies to this topic

#101 ProudNJDFan30

ProudNJDFan30

Draft Pick

• Pond Hockey
  • 8 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 09:21 PM

0-2 just makes the comeback that much sweeter!!!
Posted Image

#102 ProudNJDFan30

ProudNJDFan30

Draft Pick

• Pond Hockey
  • 8 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 09:27 PM

I know I have been an a$$hole tonight..

But in no way have I doubted my team. Of course I'm pissed tht we've lost another game in OT, and I'm pissed we're goin back to LA...

But I am just not impressed with LA's play. We are the team that's rebounded every tIke, it's gonna be tough but if we wake up, we can do it..

Let's go devils!!!!

You're right about not being impressed by LA's play. I'm not either. Even at a glance we WERE the better team, Fayne missed Game 1 off a bad bounce and Kovy hit the crossbar with Quick having no shot at blocking it. I'm never one to blame luck for a loss but I'll make an exception this time. No way it carries over into game 3!! I expect to see a fired up Parise, semi-awake Kovalchuk, and one VERY pissed off and hungry 4th line.

LETS GO DEVILS
Posted Image

#103 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,761 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 09:27 PM

We need larsson cause we need better decisions with the puck from our zone,. Or our guys to just get their sh!t together and make better decisions... Its unaceptable how often we have possession and that they cant get the puck to our forwards cleanly.

www.SterioDesign.com

#104 ProudNJDFan30

ProudNJDFan30

Draft Pick

• Pond Hockey
  • 8 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 09:43 PM

We need larsson cause we need better decisions with the puck from our zone,. Or our guys to just get their sh!t together and make better decisions... Its unaceptable how often we have possession and that they cant get the puck to our forwards cleanly.

Yeah. I hate watching a battle at center ice just to send a half-assed pass to one of our forwards just to mishandle and have it cleared. While we do have an outstanding forecheck when we're actually working, they're clearly bigger. That doesn't mean much but we wont win as many head-on attempts as we would normally like to try. Everything has to be played deep in their zone and quick and clean. We arent getting ANYTHING done from our snipers at the blue line.
Posted Image

#105 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,397 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 09:47 PM

I'm not prepared to count on a 19 year old in his second playoff game to be that much of a spark against this Kings team. The series is even on the ice bar two goals in OT.

If we got blown out, all bets would be off concerning personnel, but its been nip and tuck for two games.

No changes needed in terms of who plays, we need tactical adjustments.

#106 ProudNJDFan30

ProudNJDFan30

Draft Pick

• Pond Hockey
  • 8 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 09:57 PM

I'm not prepared to count on a 19 year old in his second playoff game to be that much of a spark against this Kings team. The series is even on the ice bar two goals in OT.

If we got blown out, all bets would be off concerning personnel, but its been nip and tuck for two games.

Well from a player standpoint look at it this way. If your team was down and you had little playing time compared to the others wouldn't you want nothing more in the world than to go out and just light it up? While he may be young and inexperienced in this position of the season whose to say he won't shock us? They all had to start somewhere. Not trying to downplay what you're saying, you're probably right. But I'm just searching for a positive in this, like I said, never know.
Posted Image

#107 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,761 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 10:54 PM

Big tactical adjustements... I mean... Im annoying myself repeating this but its true... How can you get great opportunities when you give away possession from our dzone ? You have possession and you just throw away the puck? So youre back defending and trying to get back possession. And throwing it in the neutral zone hoping for a forward to pick it up or win a fight... So we may eventually endup in the other zone... But to me if you have possession on your end and time and space, you should be able to make a clean breakout... The devils dont... 90% of the passes are realllllllly bad, either way too hard so he forward cant handle it, a dump so the puck is bouncing, 10 feet in front of the guy.. Etc etc...

www.SterioDesign.com

#108 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,397 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 10:55 PM

Well from a player standpoint look at it this way. If your team was down and you had little playing time compared to the others wouldn't you want nothing more in the world than to go out and just light it up? While he may be young and inexperienced in this position of the season whose to say he won't shock us? They all had to start somewhere. Not trying to downplay what you're saying, you're probably right. But I'm just searching for a positive in this, like I said, never know.

Oh I agree with that completely, but at the same time, I did not see anything from any of our defenseman that warrants a benching. The series is extremely close besides the 2-0 margin. Two lucky breaks and we're the ones up 2-0. I just don't think it's a warranted move, but if PDB decided to go with Larsson, I'd support it and hope for the best, just as I am if its the same lineup as the first 2 games. I think the problem has less to do with the defense than the forwards/power play.

#109 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,397 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 10:58 PM

Big tactical adjustements... I mean... Im annoying myself repeating this but its true... How can you get great opportunities when you give away possession from our dzone ? You have possession and you just throw away the puck? So youre back defending and trying to get back possession. And throwing it in the neutral zone hoping for a forward to pick it up or win a fight... So we may eventually endup in the other zone... But to me if you have possession on your end and time and space, you should be able to make a clean breakout... The devils dont... 90% of the passes are realllllllly bad, either way too hard so he forward cant handle it, a dump so the puck is bouncing, 10 feet in front of the guy.. Etc etc...

Why big changes? The scoring in this series is 2-2 in regulation. Its not like we're getting blown out. They're not getting the puck down low and no one is screening Quick at all. The missed shots have hurt more than anything, especially in Game 1.

Making massive changes and personnel changes in a series that is this close on the ice can backfire. The power play has been non-existent and our star players haven't done anything at all in the Finals. I don't think that's the cause of any one guy. No one deserves to be benched in this situation.

#110 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,761 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 11:11 PM

Why big changes? The scoring in this series is 2-2 in regulation. Its not like we're getting blown out. They're not getting the puck down low and no one is screening Quick at all. The missed shots have hurt more than anything, especially in Game 1.

Making massive changes and personnel changes in a series that is this close on the ice can backfire. The power play has been non-existent and our star players haven't done anything at all in the Finals. I don't think that's the cause of any one guy. No one deserves to be benched in this situation.

its not that someone deserves to be benched... its about having someone on the backend with a good vision who can make solid outlet passes, we had zids... but something is wrong with him... the best breakout pass from game 2 was from kovalchuk with a bomb to clarkson on the blueline. Same thing with his bomb pass to Poni against philly... other than that we havent seen a whole lot of great passes to get the puck out of our zone. Look at LA's breakout... its simply beautiful... tic tac toe all the way with guys wide open... its either that our guys are not covering the wingers on theirs or that they are covering our wingers too well... bottom line... we cant get the puck out "cleanly", not at all

www.SterioDesign.com

#111 Prucenterrules

Prucenterrules

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,046 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 01:08 AM

haven't posted much because of superstitions since when i stay off the site on gamedays we win but can't hold anything back now. I, I, I BELIEVE, I BELIEVE, I BELIEVE THAT WE WILL WIN, I BELIEVE THAT I WILL WIN, I BELIEVE THAT WE WILL WIN. LETS GO DEVILS!!!!!!!!
Langenbrunner is #1
Devils + The Prudential Center = The Stanley Cup
Martin Brodeur gets win #500 11-17-07
Martin Brodeur gets win #552 3-17-09. I was there.
Posted Image Doc Emrik's "they're josling in the corner", Elias' team record 365th assist, and Devils' 12th Dec 2008 8-5 win over the Rags. Clarkson's "Gordie Howe hat-trick" against the panthers on 2-28-09. The "A" Line. Marty's 100th career shutout. Zubrus's game winner over the Rags (09/22/09).

#112 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,336 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 03:50 AM

I don't wanna throw Larsson in. They've gotten around our right D a few times and I don't fancy his positioning and foot speed in this scenario. Especially if they're targetting that side.

Winner of the 2009-10 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster
Winner of the 2011-2012 RD Avatar Award
believe2.jpg

www.numerartovertag.wordpress.com - An NHL Blog (in Swedish)

#113 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,220 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 08:41 AM

I pretty much had a mental breakdown during and after game 2. I'm at that point where you can't get much lower and all you can do is believe that they are capable of coming back. This team has conquered adversity a lot this post season when I thought they would crumble. Why not conquer it now? Go Devils!

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#114 Chuck the Duck

Chuck the Duck

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,535 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 09:00 AM

This team has shown nothing but heart and mental toughness all year. They know that they need to stick with what has gotten them here to turn this thing around. They must win tonight and I expect them to control the tempo of this game. They can come back. They will come back.
Posted Image

#115 Onddeck

Onddeck

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,887 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 09:01 AM

believe baby, believe

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

#116 nmm90392

nmm90392

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 09:17 AM

i normally dont post about games because of superstition but i gotta change something up to help our boys win haha Lets win the cup boysssssss

ajq8o1.png

#117 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 09:22 AM

So far, this series has reminded me a lot of the series with Philly. Lost Game 1, a game where we were outplayed for most of the contest, in OT. Fell behind early in Game 2, but began executing the gameplan and playing a better game. The difference is that we ended up losing Game 2, but the progression was there.

Keep swarming it up. This series can be ours.
Posted Image

"I don't like those Rangers fans from New Jersey." - Jim Dowd

#118 95Crash

95Crash

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,950 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 09:28 AM

haven't posted much because of superstitions since when i stay off the site on gamedays we win but can't hold anything back now. I, I, I BELIEVE, I BELIEVE, I BELIEVE THAT WE WILL WIN, I BELIEVE THAT I WILL WIN, I BELIEVE THAT WE WILL WIN. LETS GO DEVILS!!!!!!!!

LOL, good one! ... Perfect timing for that chant. ... We need a fan video for it.

Edited by 95Crash, 04 June 2012 - 09:28 AM.

#119 jim777

jim777

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,589 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 09:32 AM

Looks to me like we score two (or three maybe?) goals in regulation and we'll be fine. I'd love to test that theory out tonight!

gallery_47_36_882.png   # 44, Stephane Richer

believe-elias.jpg

"bring knee pads...wear flattering attire...hair and makeup should be performance ready" -from Devils Dance Team audition notice

#120 thelastonealive

thelastonealive

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,907 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 10:08 AM

LOL, good one! ... Perfect timing for that chant. ... We need a fan video for it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0o4fwhAnfQ

You're welcome.

Proud recipient of the 2011-'12 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster, the  2007-'08, 2008-'09, and 2009-'10 Lady Byng Award for Nicest Poster, 

the 2008-'09 Bobby Holik Award for Funniest Poster, and the 2009-'10 NJDevs.com Stanley Cup for Best Overall Poster.
2009 NJDevs.com Survival League Football Champion

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users