Niiice!

#122 eldon

eldon

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,452 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 11:38 AM

I BELIEVE IN A 4 GAME WINNING STREAK!!! LETS GO DEVILS!!!!
1 win gives LA doubt, 2 wins they will question themselves....

#123 PaDevsFan

PaDevsFan

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 11:55 AM

Why big changes? The scoring in this series is 2-2 in regulation. Its not like we're getting blown out. They're not getting the puck down low and no one is screening Quick at all. The missed shots have hurt more than anything, especially in Game 1.

Making massive changes and personnel changes in a series that is this close on the ice can backfire. The power play has been non-existent and our star players haven't done anything at all in the Finals. I don't think that's the cause of any one guy. No one deserves to be benched in this situation.

I totally agree, and in Game 1 we were controlling the OT and had several good chances to score before a "questionable" line change allowed Kopitar to get a semi breakaway on Marty. And in Game 2 we were clearly the better team for most of that game. It is easy to say games can go either way but in this case it is absolutely true. Anybody who watched these 1st two games that doesn't think we are right there with them is not watching the same games. Tonight it would be nice to take the 1 - 0 lead rather than claw at trying to tie it up.

We take a lead then maybe we will see a few chinks in their supposed armor. . .

#124 gata

gata

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 129 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 12:04 PM

I still believe... I'm proud of the Devils no matter what we've fought tough. We've had 2 very tight games that can really go either way. Everyone doubts us , and know one but our army believes... LETS GO DEVILS ... Prove all those scallywags wrong!

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#125 BlueSkirt

BlueSkirt

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,856 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 03:22 PM

I'm not saying it is his fault, but he could have stole Game 2 for us and didn't...

Yes you can point to our inept offense as well, but we did get the *1* goal. Marty could have made it the game winner if he did not allow the Doughty shot to go by him...

he's 40, playing in his 18th year. There's no surprises here. The team knows he cant get the SO anymore & need to score 2 per game, minimum.
If they dont get 2, the odds of them winning a game are very, very, very low.

#126 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,386 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 03:33 PM

he's 40, playing in his 18th year. There's no surprises here. The team knows he cant get the SO anymore & need to score 2 per game, minimum.
If they dont get 2, the odds of them winning a game are very, very, very low.

It was quite possible to get the SO the other night. If he stopped the Doughty shot, the shutout was on...

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

#127 Microwavepizza

Microwavepizza

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 806 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 03:34 PM

COME ON DEVILS!

WIN TONIGHT!

(In Adam Sandler's Voice from Waterboy) YOU CAN DO IT!
POTATO!!!

#128 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,464 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 03:39 PM

A hopeful stat:

LAK have played 12 game #3s at home when they were up 2-0. Their record in these 12 games is 3-9.

#129 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,303 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 03:45 PM

It was quite possible to get the SO the other night. If he stopped the Doughty shot, the shutout was on...

and if Doughty didn't score, doesn't mean someone else for the Kings doesn't score.

#130 ZeroGravityFat

ZeroGravityFat

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,787 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 03:49 PM

:clap:

Niiice!

cool, that's us from last season when we were sucking hard.

martyb.jpg
Proud Winner of the 2012 Sergei Brylin Award and 2011 Andy Greene Award, Official keeper of Doc and Chico's random ramblings during play in blowout games

#131 njdjlc

njdjlc

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 135 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 04:03 PM

I have believed in (and loved) this team from when they arrived in New Jersey and will continue to do so until I take my last breath.

I HAVE FAITH!! I BELIEVE!! LET'S GO DEVILS

Edited by njdjlc, 04 June 2012 - 04:04 PM.

#132 thelastonealive

thelastonealive

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,917 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 06:33 PM

cool, that's us from last season when we were sucking hard.

Yup. You'll note the many empty seats in the section next door, lol. I was a few sections over and figured I'd get some video, and they came out stellar.

Proud recipient of the 2011-'12 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster, the  2007-'08, 2008-'09, and 2009-'10 Lady Byng Award for Nicest Poster, 

the 2008-'09 Bobby Holik Award for Funniest Poster, and the 2009-'10 NJDevs.com Stanley Cup for Best Overall Poster.
2009 NJDevs.com Survival League Football Champion

#133 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 09:49 PM

I still think we can do it. This series ain't over. All the pressure is on L.A. to close it out on home ice. Quick needs to be beaten. If the Devils can figure out Lundqvist, they can figure out Quick.

LET'S GO DEVILS!!!!!
Posted Image

"I don't like those Rangers fans from New Jersey." - Jim Dowd

#134 Z-Man

Z-Man

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,067 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 09:51 PM

I still think we can do it. This series ain't over. All the pressure is on L.A. to close it out on home ice. Quick needs to be beaten. If the Devils can figure out Lundqvist, they can figure out Quick.

LET'S GO DEVILS!!!!!

:rofl:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users