• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,826 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 09:29 PM

This is getting freaking funny.
We are freakin' weak.
Gionta want's it. He's the only one.
Major changes coming this summer.

Major changes on a cup finalist? Let's not overreact. It sucks but it's not the Columbus blue jackets.
Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#362 CaptainRafalski

CaptainRafalski

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 253 posts

You have an option, it's called the radio. I turned Eddie and Pierre off after they were trying to tell us how the first goal was a good call.

Sports commentators are a protected class. Like politicians. They suck yet never go away. NBC has been brutal

#363 TravisZajac

TravisZajac

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,277 posts

You have an option, it's called the radio. I turned Eddie and Pierre off after they were trying to tell us how the first goal was a good call.

Was prolly one of the worst calls i've ever seen and I strongly believe it had changed the rythm of the game.

In a way which it cut what ever momemtum the Devils had.

How can you not blow a fvcking play off when the ref behind the net CANNOT EVEN SEE THE fvckING PUCK IT'S RIGHT UNDER BRODEUR PAD, HOW CAN YOU NOT BLOW THE fvckING WHISTLE.

It's disgusting, '' I can't see the puck, let the play continue for another 3 secs where the player keep hitting underneath the pad to get the puck''

fvck Buttman, fvck CBC, fvck you CBC seriously, never seen such a fvcking broadcoast against the Devils, my god, I had to endure this sh!t the entire series vs the rangers where they never EVER spoke about the Devils, always about the fvckING RANGERS.

and they tell me that's a good goal?

fvck off.
Posted Image

#364 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,964 posts

Marty should start the next one. In all likelihood, it's the last time he'll play in the SCF in his career. Let him play his heart out

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#365 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,029 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 09:30 PM

this is not even comparable to the 2001 Devils losing to the Avalanche,...Brodeur is up there no one else to help him.

I cried for hours after they lost vs the Avalanche(9years old) 11years later and it's...

I think this is less painful than 2001.

Like CR1976 once said this is more like running through a saw at full speed rather than a slow torturous death like in 2001 when we were up 3 games to 2

#366 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,405 posts

anyone opposed to starting moose in game 4? not that marty's been horrible. the whole fvcking team is to blame for what's happening in this series. give marty a night off, we have 4 games to win now.

Marty'll have three months to rest if they lose Game 4. You don't rest your starting goalie in an elimination game, especially when he's the only one that looks like he's got any juice left, other than the fourth line.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#367 slasher72

slasher72

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts

great.. had to see that azzhole Messier grinning while watching the scoreboard. I really needed that.

#368 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,201 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 09:31 PM

Therein lies the difference between us. You're fine seeing this team get to Finals and be embarrassed. I want to at least see them stand up in a most critical game and show some pride. No, i dont expect them to win every year but if you're going to get to the Finals and then show zero pride in the biggest game of the series then you deserve criticism. There's no EMO or whatever the hell you call it in that statement.

Secondly, if you voiced your frustration I'd be fine seeing you do so, because fans get emotional and pissed off when their team doesnt play well or show pride. But to jump on me for doing so makes you a condescending homer.

Now, that was easy to read, right?

If we were in the stands and I was shouting expletives out of frustration, I highly doubt you'd have the balls to call me out. So please... live and let live and give it a rest.

Knock it off both of You! this is no time to turn this thread into a Diva competition.

at_midnight_1148.jpg

#369 CaptainRafalski

CaptainRafalski

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 09:31 PM

We could use a little torts

#370 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,964 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 09:32 PM

Zidlicky out, Tallinder in.

Thoughts?

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#371 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,405 posts

I think this is less painful than 2001.

Like CR1976 once said this is more like running through a saw at full speed rather than a slow torturous death like in 2001 when we were up 3 games to 2

Well get back to me on that again in a month, this could be a drastically different team by then. At least in 2001, there was no real danger of the team breaking up. Yes in a vaccum, this loss (even if a sweep) isn't going to be anywhere near as annoying as that one, particualrly since Marty got outplayed by Roy. But Game 6 Rangers could be as good as it gets for a while.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#372 Devs3cups

Devs3cups

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,614 posts

Gotta admit, this season was pretty exciting.
Pumped for next year, especially after this playoff run!
Hope to see a couple of changes however.
I hope kovy and others start the season better tahn the end of thse playoffs.

n2eg.jpg 

"BELIEVE in our team. We've had difficult momments as a fanbase, but we will get out of it"

#373 CaptainRafalski

CaptainRafalski

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 09:33 PM

The kings have gone thru the playoffs without taking any punishment. Its time to give them some

#374 Marv4Life

Marv4Life

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 971 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 09:34 PM

Time to realize this team just isn't that good. Stop blaming the refs, NBC, bad ice, etc. Too many flaws from the coaching to the players. Question is will our GM actually address these flaws this summer or stay "status quo"?

Oh and I'm not upset at the team. They had a great run but it's time to face reality, and they're getting a good dose of it tonight..

Edited by Marv4Life, 04 June 2012 - 09:35 PM.

#375 hit the post

hit the post

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 723 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 09:34 PM

I totally agree with this sentiment. I just don't like this whole "devils are fvcking pathetic losers" because they are losing.

I am honestly really damn proud of this team. A combination of factors, some the devils can control and some they can't are contributing to this.

Your Damn Right....win or lose....I'm proud of what this team has done this season....17 years....5 times in the finals...3 cups....who else in the east has even come close....we're spoiled :P
And The Rags Have How Many Cups--Can't win many with a Farm team.

#376 CaptainRafalski

CaptainRafalski

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 09:35 PM

Drop the gloves, let's go

#377 AEWHistory

AEWHistory

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 322 posts

It's all Quick. The rest of the Kings aren't playing particularly well.

Sometimes you run into a hot goalie. That's hockey. But sometimes a hot goalie can get cooled off.

It ain't over yet, fvckers!

LET'S GO DEVILS!!!!!

I disagree. The kings are playing very well except for penalties. The have committed very few turnovers, they have allowed few breakaways, and, compared to us, almost no odd man rushes of consequence. And when they do commit penalties it has had no I'll effect on them. Quick is a hot goalie, don't get me wrong, but the difference between the Kings and Rags is that the Rags were a mediocre team supported by a hot goalie and the Kings are the whole shebang. I want to win too, but we haven't shown the ability to mentally and physically withstand what the kings are bringing right now. We might come back and take one like the coyotes, but I won't be surprised if we are swept. And I am fvcking bummed.....
Aaron / AEWHistory --- Rockies/Devils fan since 1981!

Trenton Makes and the World Takes..... Or.... Trenton Uses What the World Refuses

#378 HOLLYWOOD

HOLLYWOOD

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 551 posts

WTF... why is everyone in red having such difficulties handling the puck and passes.. It's like their playing with a superball instead of a puck

#379 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,029 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 09:36 PM

Therein lies the difference between us. You're fine seeing this team get to Finals and be embarrassed. I want to at least see them stand up in a most critical game and show some pride. No, i dont expect them to win every year but if you're going to get to the Finals and then show zero pride in the biggest game of the series then you deserve criticism. There's no EMO or whatever the hell you call it in that statement.

Secondly, if you voiced your frustration I'd be fine seeing you do so, because fans get emotional and pissed off when their team doesnt play well or show pride. But to jump on me for doing so makes you a condescending homer.

Now, that was easy to read, right?

If we were in the stands and I was shouting expletives out of frustration, I highly doubt you'd have the balls to call me out. So please... live and let live and give it a rest.

I've been following the team for over twenty years since a kid and I do remember a time just making the playoffs and winning a round was something to be happy about. I pegged this team to struggle to make the playoffs before the year started and so looking at the season as a whole it is hard for me to be disappointed. I guess the whole 95-03 era really spoiled some fans who believed that devils win automatically win every year and that getting or ass handed to us in the finals will never happen. Well now it seems to be happening and it's just that. Happens to the best of them and it looks it may just be our turn this year like it was Detroit in 95. This is why as frustrated as I am I don't go on boards picking fights with people who are telling me to calm down.

Also you are right I wouldn't say anything to you if I was sitting near you in the stands of you were cursing. I wouldn't have to as you would be embarrassing yourself on front of strangers who think you are overreacting.

#380 CaptainRafalski

CaptainRafalski

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 09:36 PM

Has Salvador volckenkov or Fayne hit anybody

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users